Its over. Joe Biden is stepping down

8 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Go back and find it if you're really interested. I know you're not or you would've already done it. You're a dishonest coward. This more than proves it. You get no more of my time. 

In Roland We Trust!

lol

do you support gavin newsome? 

NPR polling is suspect.  Just a few weeks ago Harris was seen as a drag on the party and there was speculation that she’d be replaced by the convention.  She, from California, and Waltz from Minnesota, represent two of the top states that citizens are fleeing.  There’s still plenty of time for the voters to get serious about their choice. 

Just now, Offthemat said:

NPR polling is suspect.  Just a few weeks ago Harris was seen as a drag on the party and there was speculation that she’d be replaced by the convention.  She, from California, and Waltz from Minnesota, represent two of the top states that citizens are fleeing.  There’s still plenty of time for the voters to get serious about their choice. 

Summer Polling in general is insignificant.  This rule has applied to every presidential race

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

@Offthemat the Marist poll is not suspect.  It's a reputable poll.  It's just that summer polls themselves are highly unreliable.  This same Marist poll on August 15 2020 had Biden leading Trump 53% to 42%.  Far from the final result.  But like I said in another post which I believe @uncle bernard himself liked I stated there is going to be a lot of cherrypicking on polls the next two months

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

@Offthemat the Marist poll is not suspect.  It's a reputable poll.  It's just that summer polls themselves are highly unreliable.  This same Marist poll on August 15 2020 had Biden leading Trump 53% to 42%.  Far from the final result.  But like I said in another post which I believe @uncle bernard himself liked I stated there is going to be a lot of cherrypicking on polls the next two months

Okay, it’s not suspect, it’s just likely nowhere near resembles what the actual vote will be. 

• Bob 1

7 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I'm not cherry-picking. She's gained ground in every single poll. It's clearly *competitive* now. That's all I want you to admit. 

It is laughable on its face to still say that Harris can't win this race.

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

what would you have to see to change your mind?

Uncle B.  I've been pretty consistent.  There no chance. nada.  And I've consistently said Gretcehn Whitmer was the one candidate in this cycle that could of and probably would've beaten Trump.  

2 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Uncle B.  I've been pretty consistent.  There no chance. nada.  And I've consistently said Gretcehn Whitmer was the one candidate in this cycle that could of and probably would've beaten Trump.  

So if Kamala enters election day with a significant lead across all polls, you would still say she has a 0% chance of winning?

4 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

So if Kamala enters election day with a significant lead across all polls, you would still say she has a 0% chance of winning?

She will not enter election day with a considerable lead.  Democrats historically over perform in their summer polling.  She's had non stop positive coverage.  It will last until the end of August early September.  The Kamala hysteria has reached the highest levels delusion.  Kamala has a lot of negatives that have been hidden thus far.  There is a reason she couldn't even make it to Iowa in 2020.  Elections follow a historical pattern.  Kamala is not a transformative politician like Obama or JFK.  This is going to crash and burn right before your eyes

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Bob 2

4 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

She will not enter election day with a considerable lead.  Democrats historically over perform in their summer polling.  She's had non stop positive coverage.  It will last until the end of August early September.  The Kamala hysteria has reached the highest levels delusion.  Kamala has a lot of negatives that have been hidden thus far.  There is a reason she couldn't even make it to Iowa in 2020.  Elections follow a historical pattern.  Kamala is not a transformative politician like Obama or JFK.  This is going to crash and burn right before your eyes

that's possible, but i don't see how you can say it's a given. 

at what point would you start to reconsider if Kamala's numbers are still good? october?

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

that's possible, but i don't see how you can say it's a given. 

at what point would you start to reconsider if Kamala's numbers are still good? october?

There not going to get that much better.  Marquette (reputable poll) just came out and shes only up by one in Wisconsin.  This is with JFK Jr taking 6% of Trumps vote.  Trump can make a deal with Jr and get all those votes.  And Trump has overperformed his polling in swing states the last 2 election cycles. A sienna (reputable) poll showed Trump leading Harris in NY among Jewish voters.  Let that sink in.  And in the same polll she was only up 14 in the Empire State.  That's bad.  The bad polling in NY has implications in PA.  Especially considering PA has a minuscule Muslim population.  AIPAC just took out Cori Bush this week and Jamaal Bowman a month ago.  Then you have college starting up soon and there are no indications that the Israeli Hamas conflict are slowing down so expect more protests.  What's Kamala going to do?  She already lost the 1% Shapiro would've gotten her in PA.  How is she going to thread that needle?  Piss off the 300K Jewish voters in PA or piss off the 100K muslim voters in Michigan.  She has to win both.  

We haven't even started on her controversial past as a prosecutor in California and a mistrust she has with a good portion of male black voters.  And there is the California effect.  The country in general hates that state's politics.  There is a lot of headwind approaching her campaign.  This notion she is going to run away with this election is illogical 

When she has to talk, answer questions and make any resemblance of a logical point, the support the moderates will evaporate.  And I agree with PortaJohn  if the D's would have put someone else up against Trump it would be close, if not a win for the D's

2016 was ultimately decided by 80,000 votes across three states, 2020 was decided by 40,000 votes in three states. Maybe the gap will be wider this time because of Harris's weaknesses, but I can't imagine being certain of anything more than a coin flip right now. 

To really close the loop on the Trump era, we need a Trump popular vote win and a Harris electoral vote win. 

1 hour ago, PortaJohn said:

There not going to get that much better.  Marquette (reputable poll) just came out and shes only up by one in Wisconsin.  This is with JFK Jr taking 6% of Trumps vote.  Trump can make a deal with Jr and get all those votes.  And Trump has overperformed his polling in swing states the last 2 election cycles. A sienna (reputable) poll showed Trump leading Harris in NY among Jewish voters.  Let that sink in.  And in the same polll she was only up 14 in the Empire State.  That's bad.  The bad polling in NY has implications in PA.  Especially considering PA has a minuscule Muslim population.  AIPAC just took out Cori Bush this week and Jamaal Bowman a month ago.  Then you have college starting up soon and there are no indications that the Israeli Hamas conflict are slowing down so expect more protests.  What's Kamala going to do?  She already lost the 1% Shapiro would've gotten her in PA.  How is she going to thread that needle?  Piss off the 300K Jewish voters in PA or piss off the 100K muslim voters in Michigan.  She has to win both.  

We haven't even started on her controversial past as a prosecutor in California and a mistrust she has with a good portion of male black voters.  And there is the California effect.  The country in general hates that state's politics.  There is a lot of headwind approaching her campaign.  This notion she is going to run away with this election is illogical 

Don't forget the kackle factor.  Eleven out of ten likely Harris/Walz voters said they changed their position after hearing the kackle

• Haha 1
  • Poopy 1
  • Clown 1

10 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Okay, it’s not suspect, it’s just likely nowhere near resembles what the actual vote will be. 

First you say it was suspect, then faced with facts, you instantly agree it isn't suspect.

There goes any credibility you might have had with... hmmm... can't imagine anyone ever found you credible.

Then you predict "what the actual vote will be" in a kind of rambling... some kind of almost-sentence.

That's cute, junior.

Soon after, PortaJohn pulls out a magic 8-ball and pretends he can tell the future.

10 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

She can't win this race

What a couple of muttonheads.

3 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

whats sad:

kamala got no votes in 2020

she will get no votes this year

she will 'win' the election.

... and the muttonhead trio wouldn't be complete without a post like this from Scoot.

Hey - junior. Aim lower. Try to grasp basic logic. Start there. Small steps. 1st step is to make a tiny bit of sense.

3 hours ago, RockLobster said:

... and the muttonhead trio wouldn't be complete without a post like this from Scoot.

Hey - junior. Aim lower. Try to grasp basic logic. Start there. Small steps. 1st step is to make a tiny bit of sense.

so you are saying she got votes in 2020?

she got votes in any primary this year? 

On 8/2/2024 at 12:07 AM, RockLobster said:

In this day and age, the concept that women should be expected to be primarily "baby-making-machines" is completely unacceptable. 

Modern day cavemen that believe and promote the notion should be rebuked (yes, the current VP nominee for the R's)

have you been watching the olympic wrestling?

if you have, im wondering if you have been triggered by the ref at the table in the hijab.

it could be her decision to wear it...

or is she expected to be primarily a baby making machine