Trump "shooting" appears to be poorly staged ploy

RockLobster

5 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

there's only two options

1) it was coordinated and the feds were in on it

2) it was incompetence beyond comprehension (under mayorkis, btw)

Is it really incompetence? The shooter was neutralized in seconds from 150 yards away. Lee Harvey Oswald got away from the scene. The attempts on Reagan and RFK were both at point blank range. 

Obviously it was a failure in security, but it is an extremely difficult challenge to protect somebody in open space like. 

The idea that Trump was in on it makes no sense. The idea that the secret service was in on it makes no sense (they saved his life and acted immediately). Why would they pick a 20 year old wacko to do this? 

Edited by billyhoyle

While the conspiracy theories pile up I choose to believe it was a kid who was a loner, detached from society, and acted alone.  Also, I still find the BBC interview disturbing.  Failure on the part of the SS.

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Bob 3

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

55 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Until any actual evidence to the contrary arrives, I agree.  The secret service will be excoriated for this, as they should be.  A poor job.  People will be fired.

Why don’t we let the details come out before excoriating them. Obviously this was a failure in the system, but they did neutralize the shooter in seconds after all.

We live in a society where everyone can be armed to the teeth. People of all ages have access to weapons that can fire 8 shots in seconds with high accuracy. Shorter range pistols can also be 3D printed out of plastic (see Japan). They had to be mindful of the entire crowd in that wide open space, not just the rooftops. who  knows how long they even had to prepare for the rally and the many other rallies that they have to protect as well-each in a different location.

And then in the moment, it is not easy to immediately recognize a target as a shooter vs just a random Trump supporter in the crowd watching from the roof. Obviously in retrospect that sounds stupid, but this is a decision the sniper had to make in an instant before the shots were fired while also taking aim. These are the best in the world at this job, but they are still human. We see it all the time where officers fail to stop shooters, and unfortunately that happened once again here. 

There are also so many random threats posted on social media that identifying these people before they attack is even more challenging. 

Edited by billyhoyle

6 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

there's only two options

1) it was coordinated and the feds were in on it

2) it was incompetence beyond comprehension (under mayorkis, btw)

allow me to introduce you to american policing…..

if the government was actually trying to kill him, they would have used someone capable of making a shot from much farther out in a secured position, not some 20 year old weirdo who can’t shoot straight. 

imo, if there is government involvement it will be the typical fbi screw up:

“identify an online weirdo they think is dangerous - radicalize him with an undercover/online contact - help him plan attack - arrest him before he does it.”

this playbook was popularized post-9/11 and typically targeted muslim teenagers.

there have been several mass shooters with past fbi contact and/or surveillance. the theory is they were doing their normal play, but ***ducked** up taking them down before they acted. i could see that happening here. 

https://booty.substack.com/p/prior-contact-between-mass-shooters

10 hours ago, headshuck said:

Where is Rock/GWN to defend himself, provide the evidence he thinks is there? I suspect he’ll sprinkle posts in all related threads around 3am central.

I choose to post when I choose to post.

It has nothing to do with your personal schedule preference. And, to be clear, I care nothing about your schedule.

11 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

Why don’t we let the details come out before excoriating them. Obviously this was a failure in the system, but they did neutralize the shooter in seconds after all.

We live in a society where everyone can be armed to the teeth. People of all ages have access to weapons that can fire 8 shots in seconds with high accuracy. Shorter range pistols can also be 3D printed out of plastic (see Japan). They had to be mindful of the entire crowd in that wide open space, not just the rooftops. who  knows how long they even had to prepare for the rally and the many other rallies that they have to protect as well-each in a different location.

And then in the moment, it is not easy to immediately recognize a target as a shooter vs just a random Trump supporter in the crowd watching from the roof. Obviously in retrospect that sounds stupid, but this is a decision the sniper had to make in an instant before the shots were fired while also taking aim. These are the best in the world at this job, but they are still human. We see it all the time where officers fail to stop shooters, and unfortunately that happened once again here. 

There are also so many random threats posted on social media that identifying these people before they attack is even more challenging. 

You make a fair point but miss the failed effort to ensure logical firing locations are clear, protected and or observed.  One of the very few nearby roofs was left alone.  Note a good look.  Seems incompetent on its face.  (And if that BBC interviewee is right, local police join this club as well).

What I wrote is a prediction.  But I do agree that more info is needed before knowing if firings should actually occur.

Edited by Dark Energy
  • Bob 2

Sounds like the SS and local police split up duties. The SS being responsible for the actual rally grounds, and the police responsible for the area outside the fence (where the shooter was.)

That alone starts to clarify things a bit.

50 minutes ago, RockLobster said:

Sounds like the SS and local police split up duties. The SS being responsible for the actual rally grounds, and the police responsible for the area outside the fence (where the shooter was.)

Wack a Doodle conspiracy Clown 

51 minutes ago, RockLobster said:

This is yesterday’s news.  Try keep up. 

3 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

This is yesterday’s news.  Try keep up. 

... and here that same muttonhead now decides the exact same post wasn't conspiracy stuff but instead old news.

You can't make this stuff up. This poster is dumber than dirt.

Scroll up and read them both about 5 or so posts above.

Hard to believe he pretends to be an even halfway logical poster.

Edited by RockLobster

5 hours ago, RockLobster said:

... and here that same muttonhead now decides the exact same post wasn't conspiracy stuff but instead old news.

You can't make this stuff up. This poster is dumber than dirt.

Scroll up and read them both about 5 or so posts above.

Hard to believe he pretends to be an even halfway logical poster.

It’s a fact. You’re late to the party as usual.  Try keep up skippy. 

5 hours ago, RockLobster said:

According to this muttonhead, here I'm reporting conspiracy stuff.

Then (scroll down to next post.)

Wack a Doodle Conspiracy Theorist needs to show some actual proof. Not just lip service