Thoughts On Decriminalizing Prostitution

We have more important priorities than locking up people for this type of behavior. It's a pretty basic transaction that goes back to the beginning of societies and doesn't necessarily hurt anybody except that people that are consenually deciding to do it. 

Story about five years old, but the kind of thing that comes up around election time.   She was asked her thoughts on the subject in an interview back in '19, and she said that she had a hard time criminalizing natural human behavior that isn't hurting anyone outside of (possibly) the two consenting adults engaging.  

One of few things I've heard her say that I agree with.  I have a hard time with natural human behavior that doesn't hurt anyone, being criminal.  I also feel like if it were legal, regulated (allowed in brothel's and such and not out on the street), then it would have a good impact on the heroin and meth and other hard drugs that prostitutes get involved in.  

I struggle on this one. In theory it should be legal between two consenting adults.

while I have no numbers to back this up I have a strong suspicion that in practice the vast majority of females in that line of work are taken advantage, mistreated and many outright forced into it. I think the number of women doing this on their own free will with no violence or safety repercussions is probably very low.

6 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

I have no problem with it. I mean marriage is just legalized Prostitution anyway. You’re paying for sex just in a different way. 👅👅👅👅👅👅👅👅

Feel bad for you. I have a lot more to offer my partner than just money. 

7 minutes ago, red viking said:

Feel bad for you. I have a lot more to offer my partner than just money. 

I feel bad for you too. You’re too stupid to understand that 👅👅👅👅👅👅meant it was a joke.   

• Bob 1

7 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

I feel bad for you too. You’re too stupid to understand that 👅👅👅👅👅👅meant it was a joke.   

...or maybe you're too dumb to realize that MANY marriages are mostly just transactional. So, joking or not, that is reality for many people. 

1 minute ago, red viking said:

...or maybe you're too dumb to realize that MANY marriages are mostly just transactional. So, joking or not, that is reality for many people. 

And still a joke 👅👅👅👅👅👅

2 minutes ago, red viking said:

I’m sorry that’s how you marriage is. 

7 minutes ago, red viking said:

Wow. I just said it wasn't. Learn to read. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

And I just said it was a joke.   Learn to read. 

Screenshot_20240710-132935_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3baaa7403152bce9fb1d41a49297bd4f.jpg

🙂

2 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

legalizing it misses the point

we will have so many more epstein islands with sex slaves...

Honest question, not trying to be specifically argumentative with you here....what do you think of the possibility it would have the opposite effect?   Black market shit happens when there is a black market....right?  If we look at history...did ending prohibition create a bigger black market for alcohol?  Or more recently, with the spread of legalized marijuana, there is certainly a significantly lower black market for marijuana (still exists, but much much smaller).  I feel like if it were legal, and regulated, designated to brothels and what not, it would decrease the black market.

My belief on the idea that marijuana is a gateway drug to more hardened drugs, is not because of the physiological affects of the plant....but because of the company it puts you in in a black market.  Kind of feel like the same thing applies here.  

21 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Honest question, not trying to be specifically argumentative with you here....what do you think of the possibility it would have the opposite effect?   Black market shit happens when there is a black market....right?  If we look at history...did ending prohibition create a bigger black market for alcohol?  Or more recently, with the spread of legalized marijuana, there is certainly a significantly lower black market for marijuana (still exists, but much much smaller).  I feel like if it were legal, and regulated, designated to brothels and what not, it would decrease the black market.

y

My belief on the idea that marijuana is a gateway drug to more hardened drugs, is not because of the physiological affects of the plant....but because of the company it puts you in in a black market.  Kind of feel like the same thing applies here.  

you might be right.. and i understand the whole underground thing... but how many children, teens, young women, will start out on their own and be... taken over..

i agree with your views on marijuana as well... 

also, there was a study done in colorado...for every $ of tax revenue, 4 new $ went to social programs to deal with problems created by more drug use 

25 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Search:  Chinese marijuana grow houses.  For thirty minutes, or so.  

• Bob 1

you might be right.. and i understand the whole underground thing... but how many children, teens, young women, will start out on their own and be... taken over..
i agree with your views on marijuana as well... 
also, there was a study done in colorado...for every $ of tax revenue, 4 new $ went to social programs to deal with problems created by more drug use 

I think you may be referring to the fact that every $1 spent on substance abuse programs saves $4 in medical costs and $7 in criminal justice costs in CO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A new report from Colorado Christian University's Centennial Institute claims that "for every dollar gained in tax revenue, Coloradans spent approximately $4.50 to mitigate the effects of [marijuana] legalization." That factoid is already showing up in arguments against legalization, even though it is plainly ...Nov 30, 2018