Alot of Buzz coming for New Associate HC at Rutgers

On 7/16/2024 at 7:11 AM, juniorvarsity said:

So who is going to be the assistant head coach? People were talking rumors like they knew what was going to happen weeks ago, but nothing new

Sounds like they wanted Snyder but he turned them down 

56 minutes ago, Dynamic said:

Not even close has nothing to do with the that school, sometimes cowboys shoot the selves in the foot

believe you are thinking of hawkeyes.  😉

• Ionel 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

He was screwed by the Cowboys, who enticed him to leave a primo D1 Head Coaching position at UNC.

This schtick is getting tired. You act like Scott has no agency and could not have decided to stay at that primo position. He does, and he could have. He made a big boy decision and it was the wrong one.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

This schtick is getting tired. You act like Scott has no agency and could not have decided to stay at that primo position. He does, and he could have. He made a big boy decision and it was the wrong one.

So you have no sympathy for him?  It was his choice, so screw 'em?

4 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

This keeps going in circles. You have sympathy for the recruits that he left at UNC in order to chase the OSU job?

17 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

People leave jobs all the time thinking the grass is greener, sometimes it is the right choice and sometimes it is not. He's a big boy; he made the wrong decision. I am not saying screw him, but I sure don't feel sorry for him. 

On 7/20/2024 at 8:32 AM, H82Lose said:

People leave jobs all the time thinking the grass is greener, sometimes it is the right choice and sometimes it is not. He's a big boy; he made the wrong decision. I am not saying screw him, but I sure don't feel sorry for him. 

Yeah but usually leaving for a new job doesn’t mean you’re essentially blacklisted forever from the industry. Scott went from D1 head coach to out of the sport entirely. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Yeah but usually leaving for a new job doesn’t mean you’re essentially blacklisted forever from the industry. Scott went from D1 head coach to out of the sport entirely. 

Who "black listed" him? 

12 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Ok, you hooked me. How is he blacklisted? I know several folks that have stamped their approval, and we all know he is a good coach. Here is my 2 cents, and it is prolly worth about the same. I think his wife wanted to get back to Oklahoma where her family lives and this was his chance. I think now, he will stick around oklahoma and get into some sort of sales job.  I do not think there is any blacklisting going on. 

2 hours ago, H82Lose said:

Ok, you hooked me. How is he blacklisted? I know several folks that have stamped their approval, and we all know he is a good coach. Here is my 2 cents, and it is prolly worth about the same. I think his wife wanted to get back to Oklahoma where her family lives and this was his chance. I think now, he will stick around oklahoma and get into some sort of sales job.  I do not think there is any blacklisting going on. 

I obviously don't know for sure if he's blacklisted but the fact that he's still unemployed in any wrestling capacity seems very odd to be given his credentials and background.  Why would he suddenly become a salesman if he has all these great wrestling coach opportunities?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I obviously don't know for sure if he's blacklisted but the fact that he's still unemployed in any wrestling capacity seems very odd to be given his credentials and background.  Why would he suddenly become a salesman if he has all these great wrestling coach opportunities?

And what capacity would he be willing to accept? Volunteer assistant? That he is unemployed may very well have to do with none of the available jobs being up to his liking. He already took one step down in rank for a chance to grasp the brass ring. After he failed at that, I imagine another step down is just too much to take.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Lol I can't even be mad at Jimmy's investigative journalist vibe. "Prove he ISN'T blacklisted!" is just funny. Go get em!

In all seriousness I wouldn't be surprised to see Scott take a break from coaching until his kids are graduated. Uprooting can be hard on a family.