Bo Bassett Narrows His College List..........From 80 to 73

6 hours ago, BloodRound said:

As a current South Philly resident, I think you might be mixing things up.  Penn is located along the beginning of what is West Philadelphia, which yeah... not exactly the greatest right now (but not the worst in the area; that distinction goes to North Philly/Kensington).  South is pretty tame by comparison.

Fresh Prince 90S Tv GIF by mtv

6 hours ago, BloodRound said:

As a current South Philly resident, I think you might be mixing things up.  Penn is located along the beginning of what is West Philadelphia, which yeah... not exactly the greatest right now (but not the worst in the area; that distinction goes to North Philly/Kensington).  South is pretty tame by comparison.

When I hung around West Philly, I had a friend who lived on 52nd street. It was not a safe place to live.  It seemed that once you passed 50th at that point in time (early 2000s) it got pretty dangerous

4 hours ago, lightweight said:

From today's Wall Street Journal:

Everyone’s Talking About Ohio. It Has Nothing to Do With Ohio.

The Buckeye state is now stand-in slang for anything weird, cringey or random

https://www.wsj.com/lifestyle/ohio-slang-meme-gen-alpha-8c69a9e6?st=us1ozjqjwcrjf43&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

For years the local (Chicago) ESPN talk radio affilate has had a segment called Florida or Ohio. Someone reads a bizzare news story and the hosts need to guess if it happened in Florida or Ohio.

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge