Bo Bassett Narrows His College List..........From 80 to 73

6 hours ago, BloodRound said:

As a current South Philly resident, I think you might be mixing things up.  Penn is located along the beginning of what is West Philadelphia, which yeah... not exactly the greatest right now (but not the worst in the area; that distinction goes to North Philly/Kensington).  South is pretty tame by comparison.

Fresh Prince 90S Tv GIF by mtv

6 hours ago, BloodRound said:

As a current South Philly resident, I think you might be mixing things up.  Penn is located along the beginning of what is West Philadelphia, which yeah... not exactly the greatest right now (but not the worst in the area; that distinction goes to North Philly/Kensington).  South is pretty tame by comparison.

When I hung around West Philly, I had a friend who lived on 52nd street. It was not a safe place to live.  It seemed that once you passed 50th at that point in time (early 2000s) it got pretty dangerous

4 hours ago, lightweight said:

From today's Wall Street Journal:

Everyone’s Talking About Ohio. It Has Nothing to Do With Ohio.

The Buckeye state is now stand-in slang for anything weird, cringey or random

https://www.wsj.com/lifestyle/ohio-slang-meme-gen-alpha-8c69a9e6?st=us1ozjqjwcrjf43&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

For years the local (Chicago) ESPN talk radio affilate has had a segment called Florida or Ohio. Someone reads a bizzare news story and the hosts need to guess if it happened in Florida or Ohio.

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

On 7/29/2024 at 7:13 AM, 1032004 said:

I’m not sure this one is a great idea.  It looks like his “inner circle” is free to join but it’s basically just a link to the website for some supplement company for the shirt he was wearing.  [b]I assume anyone that signs up is going to get bombarded with emails for supplements.[/b]

Not just any supplements…his own supplement!

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Sweet Jambalaya. This makes me uncomfortable. Is he (or his family) doing the due diligence of ensuring that the crap he is shilling is getting 3rd party tested? Is this yet another expensive supplement that is all claims but no substance?

12 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Sweet Jambalaya. This makes me uncomfortable. Is he (or his family) doing the due diligence of ensuring that the crap he is shilling is getting 3rd party tested? Is this yet another expensive supplement that is all claims but no substance?

If it has substance it would probably be illegal don't ya think.  

6 hours ago, 1032004 said:

That's pretty wild. How many other 16 year old amateur athletes out there have their own branded product? I can't think of any off the top of my head. 

Does this deal nudge Bassett closer to tOSU?

On 8/22/2024 at 11:49 AM, flyingcement said:

When I hung around West Philly, I had a friend who lived on 52nd street. It was not a safe place to live.  It seemed that once you passed 50th at that point in time (early 2000s) it got pretty dangerous

Had a job on Drexel's campus during my senior year at Temple.  Here's the route I used to run home each evening.  I made it through the whole year without incident until I got sucker punched on the corner of Broad & Diamond - 1/2 block from my fraternity house 5 days prior to graduation.

The only part that worried me was the initial small hill from Market to Spring Garden through a very dimly light neighborhood.

image.png

• Bob 2

42 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

Had a job on Drexel's campus during my senior year at Temple.  Here's the route I used to run home each evening.  I made it through the whole year without incident until I got sucker punched on the corner of Broad & Diamond - 1/2 block from my fraternity house 5 days prior to graduation.

The only part that worried me was the initial small hill from Market to Spring Garden through a very dimly light neighborhood.

image.png

Did fly say he used to hang out at Broad & Diamond?  🤔

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, lu_alum said:

image.png

I thought you were a Lehigh guy? Was that grad school?

Anyway long ago I was in Philly for a work training thing and a group of us were making small talk before the session started. The instructor, a local Philadelphian, was trying to convince the out of towners that the city was safe and goes, "all right, let's prove this out: has anyone here ever been mugged in Philly? Raise your hand if so." And just one guy raised his hand. Instructor nods with a smug look on his face.

Then someone in the crowd goes, "OK, but has anyone here ever broken out into A FULL-BLOWN SPRINT because you were about to get mugged? Raise your hand if so." And a whole bunch of hands shot up. Lol.

The instructor's response? "Yeah? Well, at least we aren't in Camden!"

• Bob 1

I thought you were a Lehigh guy? Was that grad school?
Anyway long ago I was in Philly for a work training thing and a group of us were making small talk before the session started. The instructor, a local Philadelphian, was trying to convince the out of towners that the city was safe and goes, "all right, let's prove this out: has anyone here ever been mugged in Philly? Raise your hand if so." And just one guy raised his hand. Instructor nods with a smug look on his face.
Then someone in the crowd goes, "OK, but has anyone here ever broken out into A FULL-BLOWN SPRINT because you were about to get mugged? Raise your hand if so." And a whole bunch of hands shot up. Lol.
The instructor's response? "Yeah? Well, at least we aren't in Camden!"

Temple undergrad. Lehigh for my Master’s.
Both were Mechanical Engineering

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Brain 1
  • Fire 2