Big Government

5 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

it’s far lower than when you grew up you just feel like it’s higher because you watch too much tv and spend too much time on the internet. 

facts over feelings

IMG_4223.webp

you're a full scale basket case.

first you say 'yeah, Hamas was out of bounds but now that they have human shields the IDF can't do anything about it"

now you say 'the only reason you care so much about violent crime is because it's more visible due to media'

yeah. so f'ing what?

your iq isn't high. that i'm sure of. 

TBD

5 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

you're a full scale basket case.

first you say 'yeah, Hamas was out of bounds but now that they have human shields the IDF can't do anything about it"

now you say 'the only reason you care so much about violent crime is because it's more visible due to media'

yeah. so f'ing what?

your iq isn't high. that i'm sure of. 

caring about violent crime is fine. pretending it’s “high” isn’t. it’s incredibly low and you are incredibly safe. it’s good news!

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

caring about violent crime is fine. pretending it’s “high” isn’t. it’s incredibly low and you are incredibly safe. it’s good news!

I remember in the 90’s when we added significantly to our police forces and the populations of our prisons skyrocketed.  It seems there was a direct correlation to adding cops and getting the bad guys off the streets.  Either you or one of your libtardo alter egos keeps telling us that it’s not the 80’s/90’s anymore so stop comparing that era to the “modern” times we live in.  That being said violent crime is still high and if you live anywhere near an inner city you’re not safe. Especially after dark. 

• Bob 1

16 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

it’s far lower than when you grew up you just feel like it’s higher because you watch too much tv and spend too much time on the internet. 

facts over feelings

IMG_4223.webp

lol.. reported crime is not the same as crime

btw... i grew up in the 70 and 80's... 80's was pretty low... after some new policies were implemented...

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

lol.. reported crime is not the same as crime

btw... i grew up in the 70 and 80's... 80's was pretty low... after some new policies were implemented...

My goodness, man. Crime skyrocketed in the 70s and 80s. It peaked in the early 90's and collapsed after that.

Read. A. Book.

Trump Wrong on Crime Record - FactCheck.org

55 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

My goodness, man. Crime skyrocketed in the 70s and 80s. It peaked in the early 90's and collapsed after that.

Read. A. Book.

wait, so you mean when crime was actually reported

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

Read. A. Book.

When police forces were added to and our prison population skyrocketed.  Again when cops were added and the bad guys went to prison crime went down. Who would have thought?? 

The last few years it has been police funded less and less thugs going to prison.   And look what we have.   There is a reason there is unreported crime.   Because when it is reported, nothing happens.   The police can't react the way we expect because there are less of them than before.   DA and city attorneys will not press charges.   Nothing happens so why report?

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2024/04/24/what-the-data-says-about-crime-in-the-us/

Most violent and property crimes in the U.S. are not reported to police, and most of the crimes that are reported are not solved.

In its annual survey, BJS asks crime victims whether they reported their crime to police. It found that in 2022, only 41.5% of violent crimes and 31.8% of household property crimes were reported to authorities.

If true, then that means that you multiply reported crimes by 1.595 (that's 59.5 unreported violent crime) and that is closer to the real violent crime rate.   Same with property crime.   Multiply that rate by 1.682 and you have much closer rate of actual property crime.  

mspart

3 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Read. A. Book.

you can't be serious. 1) that doesn't include TODAY's #'s

2) if you believe the numbers that will be reported, i have a bridge to sell ya.

TBD

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

you can't be serious. 1) that doesn't include TODAY's #'s

2) if you believe the numbers that will be reported, i have a bridge to sell ya.

It must be convenient for you to pretend every fact that doesn't align with your twitter-built worldview must be fake. The sad part is that you do it because you're addicted to feeling scared. It's good news that crime is not nearly as bad as you think it is, but that's not what you want to hear. You want to hear the world is scary and everybody is trying to get you. Your whole politics is built around it.

If you want to take your head out of the sand, the numbers for 2019-2022 (2023 numbers will be available in October) are:

2019 - 380.8

2020 - 398.8

2021 - 387

2022 - 380.7

2023 - projections are down from 380, but the FBI doesn't finish their final audit until late in the following year.

I trust as a literate adult you can visualize where those points would be on the graph and see that they're still 3-400 lower than when you grew up. Again, this is good news if you'll let yourself hear it.

https://cde.ucr.cjis.gov/LATEST/webapp/#/pages/explorer/crime/crime-trend

Edited by uncle bernard

Posted (edited)

Which of these is more likely?

A massive, 60 year long nationwide conspiracy to lie about the crime rate, continued by both parties including Ronald Reagan, Donald Trump, etc....?

or

Your perception of the world, which is based mostly on twitter?

Have a nice weekend, folks. 

Edited by uncle bernard

i'm supposed to believe these numbers when the statistics on prosecution are down, reporting is clearly invalidated, violent crimes are everywhere are social media, and the mayors of every major city are freaking out?

it's pretty 'convenient' for you - someone who preaches 'don't believe a word the government tells you about overseas operations' - that the government is being forthright with domestic information.

especially after the abhorrent misinformation on a 'pandemic'

TBD

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

It must be convenient for you to pretend every fact that doesn't align with your twitter-built worldview must be fake. The sad part is that you do it because you're addicted to feeling scared. It's good news that crime is not nearly as bad as you think it is, but that's not what you want to hear. You want to hear the world is scary and everybody is trying to get you. Your whole politics is built around it.

If you want to take your head out of the sand, the numbers for 2019-2022 (2023 numbers will be available in October) are:

2019 - 380.8

2020 - 398.8

2021 - 387

2022 - 380.7

2023 - projections are down from 380, but the FBI doesn't finish their final audit until late in the following year.

I trust as a literate adult you can visualize where those points would be on the graph and see that they're still 3-400 lower than when you grew up. Again, this is good news if you'll let yourself hear it.

https://cde.ucr.cjis.gov/LATEST/webapp/#/pages/explorer/crime/crime-trend

Doesn’t look ridiculously low to me. 

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Which of these is more likely?

A massive, 60 year long nationwide conspiracy to lie about the crime rate, continued by both parties including Ronald Reagan, Donald Trump, etc....?

or

Your perception of the world, which is based mostly on twitter?

Have a nice weekend, folks. 

it's not 60 years old... it's 3 years old

SMH...someone arguing how they are ok with crime rates being where they are...wow...just wow.  How about this, is the number of violent crimes around zero?  No...then I am not okay with the numbers and we should be investing in police, not divesting in our police.

On 6/7/2024 at 3:44 PM, mspart said:

The last few years it has been police funded less and less thugs going to prison.   And look what we have.   There is a reason there is unreported crime.   Because when it is reported, nothing happens.   The police can't react the way we expect because there are less of them than before.   DA and city attorneys will not press charges.   Nothing happens so why report?

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2024/04/24/what-the-data-says-about-crime-in-the-us/

Most violent and property crimes in the U.S. are not reported to police, and most of the crimes that are reported are not solved.

In its annual survey, BJS asks crime victims whether they reported their crime to police. It found that in 2022, only 41.5% of violent crimes and 31.8% of household property crimes were reported to authorities.

If true, then that means that you multiply reported crimes by 1.595 (that's 59.5 unreported violent crime) and that is closer to the real violent crime rate.   Same with property crime.   Multiply that rate by 1.682 and you have much closer rate of actual property crime.  

mspart

On 6/7/2024 at 3:44 PM, mspart said:

The crooked cops need to clean up their act. Quit planting evidence, manipulating and bullying suspects during interrogations and making up excuses to commit violence. The pigs created their own problems. 

https://www.npr.org/2022/10/05/1127047811/the-fbis-new-crime-report-is-in-but-its-incomplete

Los Angeles and New York City did not report to the FBI. In fact, only 63% of the country's police departments submitted anything, and some of the data that was submitted was incomplete. Weihua Li of The Marshall Project has been poring over the FBI's findings.

And there you go.   You could say crime was down 27% but that would be a mistake.

mspart

6 minutes ago, red viking said:

The crooked cops need to clean up their act. Quit planting evidence, manipulating and bullying suspects during interrogations and making up excuses to commit violence. The pigs created their own problems. 

You are a pathetic POS!  You best hope you never need a cop in your future.

• Fire 1

15 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

You are a pathetic POS!  You best hope you never need a cop in your future.

There are some good cops but way too much corruption. It's gotten better but has a long ways to go. EVERY cop needs to be wearing a cam and microphone at all times while on duty. That won't stop their payoffs from drug Lords during off-duty hours but it will help a lot overall. 

Edited by red viking