BR Nathan Taylor Lehigh
BR Yara Slavikouski Rutgers
BR Jimmy Mullen Virginia Tech
BR Ben Kueter Iowa

R16 Cory Day Binghamton
R16 Josh Heindselman Oklahoma
R16 Luke Luffman Illinois
R16 Seth Nevills Maryland

looks really good. I am overly bullish on keuter because I think this is the first time in his life that hes going to dedicate more than 3 months exclusively to wrestling. Love that you have pitzer bouncing back.

1 hour ago, Truzzcat said:

looks really good. I am overly bullish on keuter because I think this is the first time in his life that hes going to dedicate more than 3 months exclusively to wrestling. Love that you have pitzer bouncing back.

Kueter might end this year's Yonger Bastida hype train early. 

8 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

Current Crystal Ball worksheet

1 Greg Kerkvliet Penn St.
2 Wyatt Hendrickson OK State
3 Yonger Bastida Iowa St.
4 Nick Feldman Ohio St.
5 Cohlton Schultz Arizona St.
6 Isaac Trumble NC State
7 Dayton Pitzer Pitt
8 Taye Ghadiali Campbell

BR Nathan Taylor Lehigh
BR Yara Slavikouski Rutgers
BR Jimmy Mullen Virginia Tech
BR Ben Kueter Iowa

R16 Cory Day Binghamton
R16 Josh Heindselman Oklahoma
R16 Luke Luffman Illinois
R16 Seth Nevills Maryland

Husker, do you have any insight on the Trumble/Trephan plan at NC State?

• Bob 1

41 minutes ago, Rassling said:

Hate me for saying so but heavy weight has always been the weight class I follow the least. 

I use to be like this but it seems that in the last 10-15 years it has progressively become one of the more exciting weights to watch.  I love the heavyweight class now.  Gable has been the pinnacle for me as of late in terms of must see when he wrestles...hoping he comes back for one more year!

• Bob 1

16 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

i'm told it would be a tough/unlikely pull for Trumble to get to 197

Makes sense. He looked large at 97kg. I hope he goes up to HWT for NCAA's and doesn't try to kill himself making 197. He's got a big frame to work with. 

Just now, Gus said:

Makes sense. He looked large at 97kg. I hope he goes up to HWT for NCAA's and doesn't try to kill himself making 197. He's got a big frame to work with. 

not sure he has quite the top game of pitzer, but I could see him giving guys issues their similarly as well as being far better from neutral.

I do believe Keuter is considered a better prospect by most than Parris was, and look what Parris did the first time he focused on ONLY wrestling.  That has to have folks at Iowa excited.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

7 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I do believe Keuter is considered a better prospect by most than Parris was, and look what Parris did the first time he focused on ONLY wrestling.  That has to have folks at Iowa excited.

I do not believe mason made any world teams before he was in college! Keuter I believe was stretched even thinner in high school aside from football he was all state in both track and Baseball. Im sure he trained a bit in the off season and he obviously competed a little but he has probably never dedicated more than 4 months in a year to wrestling.

• Bob 1
  • Wrestle 1

No disagreement from me for Willie's crystal ball. Only thing I can see changing(potential, not right now)is Mullen - moving into 6 to 8 range, and Kueter - moving into 4 - 8 range. Kueter has a lot of upside in my mind. 

Feldman improved a lot last year. I could see him getting 3rd, but you have to see Yonger for what we saw him as up until NCAAs for outlook going into next season. 

On 6/7/2024 at 3:11 PM, Truzzcat said:

I do not believe mason made any world teams before he was in college! Keuter I believe was stretched even thinner in high school aside from football he was all state in both track and Baseball. Im sure he trained a bit in the off season and he obviously competed a little but he has probably never dedicated more than 4 months in a year to wrestling.

I know he did a little in the offseason, but it was never his sole focus.  

Supposedly did very little wrestling in the weeks leading up to his U20 world title, as he was focused on other sports.  Also, wrestled in Fargo finals one year and left immediately after in order to make a state playoff baseball game.

Fun fact; Dan Gable was his family's landlord when he was young, and used to train Ben in youth.

3 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I know he did a little in the offseason, but it was never his sole focus.  

Supposedly did very little wrestling in the weeks leading up to his U20 world title, as he was focused on other sports.  Also, wrestled in Fargo finals one year and left immediately after in order to make a state playoff baseball game.

Fun fact; Dan Gable was his family's landlord when he was young, and used to train Ben in youth.

I think on flow they mentioned he wrestled for a week before u20's. I think it's safe to say come the season we could see an entirely different guy and by post season watch out. 

On 6/5/2024 at 11:34 AM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I mean, he has beaten Nico Bonnacorsi and blew a match against Nico via power bomb the year Nico won it.

This is exactly why I don't think an college guys should be using the power bomb as their finisher. They always call it. He should try out the Stone Cold Stunner and see how it plays.

• Bob 1