Democracy is in peril

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

What's funny about it?  They all should be declassified.  And none of those things are funny.

the funny thing about it is @Scouts Honor is saying no one from epsteins list has been convicted and is trump on the list. Yet when Trump was directly asked just days ago if Epstein files should be released he immediately hesitates instead of immediately saying yes like the 9/11 files and jfk files. It makes you very curious on why he would not want the files released.

Edited by braves121
  • Bob 1

27 minutes ago, mspart said:

I agree with a).   I agree with b) except I think we do know details about the trial.   Intricate details no.  I do agree we didn't sit on the grand or other jury and were not in the courtroom.  But I think enough details have come out that show that this was a sham from the beginning as I have said and provided evidence of.  I agree with C. 

I can take a hard stance because of the willingness of Bragg to take this case after he and his predecessor said they wouldn't because it was a joke.   But because he ran on getting Trump, he was beholden to his supporters and had to do it because of the pressure he was getting.  It was not that it was the right thing to do, but the convenient thing to do.   As noted, DOJ and FEC both investigated and found nothing there to prosecute.   That is without doubt.  

Also without doubt is that Merchan should not have been assigned to this case due to his conflict of interest and apparent lack of random assignment when he was the judge in 3 previous  cases regarding Trump associates.  

Also without doubt is the structure of the indictment being circular and not specific.   The indictment in part reads as follows:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.manhattanda.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Donald-J.-Trump-Indictment.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwib6fKvsseGAxUCHjQIHUK4CbkQFnoECCsQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2IyXX-b_83qjuFwwmZld8S

THIRTY-FIRST COUNT:
AND THE GRAND JURY AFORESAID, by this indictment, further accuses the defendant of the crime of FALSIFYING BUSINESS RECORDS IN THE FIRST DEGREE, in violation of Penal Law §175.10, committed as follows:

The defendant, in the County of New York and elsewhere, on or about November 21, 2017, with intent to defraud and intent to commit another crime and aid and conceal the commission thereof, made and caused a false entry in the business records of an enterprise, to wit, a Donald J. Trump account check and check stub dated November 21, 2017, bearing check number 002980, and kept and maintained by the Trump Organization.

In the underlined, the red is a misdemeanor that ran out of the statute of limitations 6 years earlier.   The blue, is as specific as it gets to link to some other crime that was needed to make this situation felonious.  What other crime?   The indictment does not identify the "another crime".   What charge have you ever seen or contemplated as being proper says the defendant did this specific thing in furtherance of some other unspecific thing?   This is how the 32 counts against Trump read.   There is nothing specific about "another crime".   And the reporting from the case did not show any evidence of any specific "another crime" that Trump may have done.   I'm not buying it.   And the jury did not have to agree on what specifically Trump did, they only had to find that he probably did something, although unspecific, because the indictment was not specific.   Those things do not a criminal trial make in my mind.  That's just me.  

If trying someone with an indictment that reads, "this man/woman robbed Hay's Sporting Goods taking $1347.00 out of the cashier's tills and later with intent to rob other stores stole a car. "    The first is a solid indictment, but the addition of the second ruins it.   The third statement on its own is sufficient but you cannot tie stealing a car with intent to rob other stores.   There was nothing solid in the indictment that Trump did and therefore, the case should never have moved forward.   I'm no lawyer, but I cannot believe the judicial system would allow such a thing to happen.   But it did and it is not a good look for NY. 

mspart

thanks for answering

1 minute ago, braves121 said:

the funny thing about it is @Scouts Honor is saying no one from epsteins list has been convicted and is trump on the list. Yet when Trump was directly asked just days ago if Epstein files should be released he immediately hesitates instead of immediately saying yes like the 9/11 files and jfk files. It makes you very curious on why he would not want the files released.

Did he say he doesn't want them released, or just he "immediately hesitated"?  As I have said many times I am not a Trump fan but seriously, again, some weird mental gymnastics going on with you...on a lot of things.

• Bob 1

Just now, Bigbrog said:

Did he say he doesn't want them released, or just he "immediately hesitated"?  As I have said many times I am not a Trump fan but seriously, again, some weird mental gymnastics going on with you...on a lot of things.

It doesn't raise any suspicion to you that someone accused of being on epsteins list and was a co defendant on child rape case with him hesitated when someone asked if he should release the files?

3 minutes ago, braves121 said:

It doesn't raise any suspicion to you that someone accused of being on epsteins list and was a co defendant on child rape case with him hesitated when someone asked if he should release the files?

Actually no...especially when the accusations come from someone like you on a message board.  I have not commented on the rape case as I am not in a position right now to look into it, so I won't comment on that until I can look it up.  But my guess it is a nothing burger given how you comment on things that you actually no nothing about.

• Bob 1

Just now, Bigbrog said:

Actually no...especially when the accusations come from someone like you on a message board.  I have not commented on the rape case as I am not in a position right now to look into it, so I won't comment on that until I can look it up.  But my guess it is a nothing burger given how you comment on things that you actually no nothing about.

Trump was literally named in newly released epstein court documents early in 2024 so I am sure its a nothing burger but whatever lol

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Trump was literally named in newly released epstein court documents early in 2024 so I am sure its a nothing burger but whatever lol

You just know @Bigbrog would apply this same restraint and grace to any democrat named in those documents lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

What's funny about it?  They all should be declassified.  And none of those things are funny.

Also, let's be clear: he said he was going to declassify the JFK and 9/11 documents last time and then didn't for four years. He's full of sh*t.

And if you can't understand why it's funny that he hesitates on releasing the Epstein files - as an accused participant in those crimes - I can't help you lol.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Why would anyone be dumb enough to release a list with the Clintons on it?   Everyone knows what will happen. 

• Brain 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, braves121 said:

wait a mintue

either he is on the list

or he is accused of being on the list

19 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

i mean romney gave someone cancer

What's this about? I would love to know lol

Can we all agree the list should be released and Trump's hesitation on it is disappointing (if not suspect given his prior relations with Epstein)?

20 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

What's this about? I would love to know lol

Can we all agree the list should be released and Trump's hesitation on it is disappointing (if not suspect given his prior relations with Epstein)?

you are saying that bigrog would attack any and all democrats.

the left HATES trump.

but they also HATED romney.

what i am saying.. .the left HATES.

they just hate...doesn't matter who it is...

the next candidate from the GOP will be the worst person since hitler

oh wait.. they already did that the last 3 times

7 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

you are saying that bigrog would attack any and all democrats.

the left HATES trump.

but they also HATED romney.

what i am saying.. .the left HATES.

they just hate...doesn't matter who it is...

the next candidate from the GOP will be the worst person since hitler

oh wait.. they already did that the last 3 times

You guys said:

Barack Obama was a secret Muslim jihadist sleeper agent

Hillary Clinton secretly murdered hundreds of political opponents

Joe Biden stole the election and is now trying to imprison his political opponents.

Sounds like the right HATES too...

stating facts is not hate.

i dont know or care about obama. i voted for him the first time.

I do know that NO ONE, has as many friends commit suicide as hillary and bill.

not sure about Joe yet.. but there is plenty of substance that should raise eyebrows as i have been told by someone of your ilk on this forum

but it's not hate.

10 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

stating facts is not hate.

i dont know or care about obama. i voted for him the first time.

I do know that NO ONE, has as many friends commit suicide as hillary and bill.

not sure about Joe yet.. but there is plenty of substance that should raise eyebrows as i have been told by someone of your ilk on this forum

but it's not hate.

okay same goes for my hate of Trump!

• Clown 1

On 6/6/2024 at 11:01 AM, braves121 said:

Yes. Trump is also a co defendant on a child rape case with Epstein. 

There would have to be court filings/documents correct?