Democracy is in peril

voting against our better interests... 

isn't that what we are supposed to do... to ensure the safety/health of our nation?

ask not what your govt can do for you...

we should vote for what is right and best... not what will get us the most pork

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

or states mandating a loyalty oath to a foreign country to be a government country

What does this mean?   Is there a translator in the house?

mspart

3 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

voting against our better interests... 

isn't that what we are supposed to do... to ensure the safety/health of our nation?

ask not what your govt can do for you...

we should vote for what is right and best... not what will get us the most pork

Correctomundo!!

mspart

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, mspart said:

What does this mean?   Is there a translator in the house?

mspart

37 states have passed some sort of law in response to BDS (Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions) movement against Israel. The individual laws take different forms depending on the state.

In Texas, for example, you can't get contract work for the government unless you sign an oath stating you won't boycott Israel. You also aren't allowed to boycott energy companies or gun organizations. Pretty blatant violation of free speech that conservatives never seem to complain about.

That's only one example I listed. Care to comment on the others? And also, care to answer my question on the other thread? 

Edited by uncle bernard

1 minute ago, braves121 said:

Yea because Trumps falsifying business records is the same as people declaring independence over taxation with no representation 😂

A felon is a felon. I didn't invent the word, young fella.

• Bob 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

A felon is a felon. I didn't invent the word, young fella.

Were any of the founding fathers convicted felons? Very disingenuous to compare to Trump to the founding fathers. They would all be turning in their graves if they knew they were being compared to him lol

Edited by braves121

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, mspart said:

You might do a little light reading.

https://michaelwsmith.com/the-sacrifices-made-by-the-declaration-signers/

Five signers were captured by the British as traitors, and tortured before they died.

I'd say the British thought of them all as felons. 

mspart

they had no trials or convictions. very hard to compare to Trump lmao moving the goal posts

Edited by braves121

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

37 states have passed some sort of law in response to BDS (Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions) movement against Israel. The individual laws take different forms depending on the state.

In Texas, for example, you can't get contract work for the government unless you sign an oath stating you won't boycott Israel. You also aren't allowed to boycott energy companies or gun organizations. Pretty blatant violation of free speech that conservatives never seem to complain about.

That's only one example I listed. Care to comment on the others? And also, care to answer my question on the other thread? 

Very solid. @mspart care to reply?

Also, I think those calling Trump a convicted felon are premature.   There are ample law experts that think the whole thing was illegitimate from the indictment, to the witnesses that were allowed, to the amount of objections from defense overruled and amount of prosecution not overruled, to the judge saying what could be said during closing arguments and the prosecution disregarding and the judge allowing it, to the final jury instructions. 

If his conviction is overturned by appeal, he was not properly convicted.   What will those calling him a convicted felon then say?  

mspart

• Bob 1

20 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Were any of the founding fathers convicted felons? Very disingenuous to compare to Trump to the founding fathers. They would all be turning in their graves if they knew they were being compared to him lol

they would have hung separately if they hadn't hung together

12 minutes ago, braves121 said:

they had no trials or convictions. very hard to compare to Trump lmao moving the goal posts

Braves, they didn't need to.  By  signing they signed their own death warrant.  In a time of war, there weren't jury trials.   If you are that guy, and you signed that paper, you are a traitor.   Death is the end of your story if we catch you.   There was no trial needed in wartime.  

If you want to call what happened to Trump a trial, then you are welcome to it.   It was a farce pure and simple. 

mspart

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mspart said:

Braves, they didn't need to.  By  signing they signed their own death warrant.  In a time of war, there weren't jury trials.   If you are that guy, and you signed that paper, you are a traitor.   Death is the end of your story if we catch you.   There was no trial needed in wartime.  

If you want to call what happened to Trump a trial, then you are welcome to it.   It was a farce pure and simple. 

mspart

The party of law and order when someone they like goes through the process of law and order and gets convicted :0

Edited by braves121
  • Bob 1

9 minutes ago, mspart said:

Also, I think those calling Trump a convicted felon are premature.   There are ample law experts that think the whole thing was illegitimate from the indictment, to the witnesses that were allowed, to the amount of objections from defense overruled and amount of prosecution not overruled, to the judge saying what could be said during closing arguments and the prosecution disregarding and the judge allowing it, to the final jury instructions. 

If his conviction is overturned by appeal, he was not properly convicted.   What will those calling him a convicted felon then say?  

mspart

that his conviction was overturned on appeal? i'm not sure why you're so hung up on what democrats call him.

still waiting on an answer to the other question. i'll pose it here for you too.

does israel have the right to kill palestinian civilians if they support hamas?

6 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart

So Trump did not falsify his business records and listed a hush money payment as a legal expense?

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, braves121 said:

So Trump did not falsify his business records and listed a hush money payment as a legal expense?

I'm not saying Trump did or didn't do something here.  I'm saying the trial was a farce and with those charges never should have been accepted into trial except they shopped for the right judge that would do the DA's bidding.   And he did. 

You can't even answer the specifics here.  You only state generalities which is all this trial was about.   I have never heard of an indictment or charges that were not specific.   But that was the case here.  Here's another specific for you.   Why did the DOJ and FEC not prosecute if Trump did something wrong?   They didn't.   Why didn't the judge allow the ex head of FEC to be a witness.  Because he would have said Trump did nothing financially wrong.   Judge couldn't allow such testimony.  

https://jonathanturley.org/2024/06/03/buzz-kill-the-trump-conviction-presents-a-target-rich-environment-for-appeal/

Merchan also barred the use of a legal expert, former FEC Chair Brad Smith, who was prepared to testify that such payments cannot be viewed as federal election violations and would not affect the election even if they were considered contributions, since they would not even have had to be reported until after the election.

These things and others make this case rife with irregularities that the result will be overturned on appeal.   But the DA and judge have won the battle but I think in due time, will lose the war.   And if all is done properly, judge Merchan will be roasted for the incompetently run pre-trial and trial.  

mspart

Edited by mspart
  • Fire 1

If Trump would have been found "not guilty" the 'wingers would have been saying he was vindicated and justice prevailed. If he was found guilty, the trial was rigged. 

This was all 100% predictable. The 'winger minions are just like Trump. They spin the pretext based upon the outcome.