FloSports Settlement

12 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Pay the man.

20240526_134908.thumb.jpg.4b29daed79891ab55202eed316c146ac.jpg

I am pleasantly surpised it is actual money and not just a discount on future services.

Ahh ... checks are in the mail?  

4 minutes ago, Camel Wrestling Fan said:

What was the reason for a settlement?

A settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit against FloSports, Inc. Plaintiffs Lucas Young, Daniel O’Malley, and Charles Buckingham (collectively, the “Class Representatives”) allege that they were enrolled in automatically renewing subscriptions for FloSports’ content without adequate disclosures and notice regarding renewal charges and cancellation terms. FloSports claims its subscription renewal practices complied with all applicable laws and regulations and that it fairly disclosed all terms associated with its subscriptions. Thus, FloSports denies all allegations of wrongdoing, and the Court has not determined who is right. Rather, the Parties have agreed to settle the lawsuit to avoid the uncertainties and expenses associated with ongoing litigation.

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

21 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I don't know who could complain as long as he we have NHSCA duel highlights of ranked kids hitting JV moves on jv wrestlers all over my x feed.

That was the beauty of it. I didn't have to complain and 50 bucks showed up in my mail box anyway. Clean living.

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

That was the beauty of it. I didn't have to complain and 50 bucks showed up in my mail box anyway. Clean living.

Maybe they only sent checks to those who didn't complain.  Did you happen to receive my check as well?  🤨

8 minutes ago, ionel said:

Maybe they only sent checks to those who didn't complain.  Did you happen to receive my check as well?  🤨

And for $15 shipping and handling, I can forward it to you. Send me you account details and I will send a test deposit. You can trust me. I learmed from Flo.

• Bob 1

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

And for $15 shipping and handling, I can forward it to you. Send me you account details and I will send a test deposit. You can trust me. I learmed from Flo.

Just venmo it to my money agent Jimmy Cinnabon, thanks in advance. 

14 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

do you need my social security and pin as well?

• Bob 1

19 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Don't forget mother's maiden name.

Technically during the pandemic I cancelled my Flo subscription a day late.  After I complained to my credit card company, Flo wanted to negotiate, but I ignored their appeals. Ultimately I didn’t have to pay them anything for the non renewal. 

• Bob 1

3 hours ago, Brownwrestler1975 said:

Technically during the pandemic I cancelled my Flo subscription a day late.  After I complained to my credit card company, Flo wanted to negotiate, but I ignored their appeals. Ultimately I didn’t have to pay them anything for the non renewal. 

I missed the deadline to cancel by a couple days, complained to Flo, they said too bad, I was stuck with them for another year.  Pretty sure Wkn got my check or I misspelled my mom's middle name.  🤨

20 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Can we sue them for putting a thick layer of animal fat on all of their camera lenses? 

What about for having Lucas Byrd at #8 and Kannon Webster at #11 in their preseason rankings?

ILLINI231.jpg

Can we sue @Wrestleknownothing for receiving a check without complaining while many of us complained and received nothing.  Who's with me here, class action lawsuit and maybe we each get a nickel?  

• Ionel 1

48 minutes ago, ionel said:

Can we sue @Wrestleknownothing for receiving a check without complaining while many of us complained and received nothing.  Who's with me here, class action lawsuit and maybe we each get a nickel?  

How many times have my lawyers crushed you already? Why do you want to come back for more?

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

How many times have my lawyers crushed you already? Why do you want to come back for more?

Its not about how many wins or losses, its all about the last win.  I just want my nickle! 

On 5/29/2024 at 1:23 PM, NM1965 said:

I've never failed to not be impressed by FLO. A shady company with shady business practices whose content is "meh".  

When I was growing up, we passed an Iowa Public Television broadcast of Iowa vs. Iowa St. around our team like it was a sacred text. Seeing D1 wrestling and international wrestling was not easy. I have to think that the increased access to high level wrestling content has a direct impact on the increase in super talented high school kids that we are seeing. Wrestling is a monkey see monkey do sport, so the more of us apes that get to see whats working at the highest levels, the more that trickle down can be seen across age groups. Flo is far from shady and when you create a ton of content, some of it will suck. My only beef with them is the top 100 series they've been doing because its just plain insane where they have these people ranked. 

• Bob 1

6 minutes ago, WrestlingRash said:

When I was growing up, we passed an Iowa Public Television broadcast of Iowa vs. Iowa St. around our team like it was a sacred text. Seeing D1 wrestling and international wrestling was not easy. I have to think that the increased access to high level wrestling content has a direct impact on the increase in super talented high school kids that we are seeing. Wrestling is a monkey see monkey do sport, so the more of us apes that get to see whats working at the highest levels, the more that trickle down can be seen across age groups. Flo is far from shady and when you create a ton of content, some of it will suck. My only beef with them is the top 100 series they've been doing because its just plain insane where they have these people ranked. 

I don't think FLO offers much for the price. They hardly show any duals and tournaments on there, unlike the old days. I remember watching that classic Southern Scuffle match between David Taylor and Kyle Dake on FLO. You won't see that anymore. I suppose that's because of copyrights and network TV licensing (B10 network, for example). But in that case I think FLO should dramatically reduce it's price. Also FLO is very unethical regarding subscription issues, as can be deduced from the legal settlement they made. If you like them by all means continue using them. I don't like them though. Over the years I've probably paid over $1,000 to FLO and they've never really satisfied my expectations. I think the fact I paid the price for around a decade shows I'm willing to pay for wrestling content, and I wish what they offered was better. 

3 hours ago, WrestlingRash said:

Flo peaked 10 years ago. Everyone who launched the platform and made it what it was is gone, and now it is basically just a good resource for HS wrestling. Family of HS wrestlers can watch their kids wrestle at events, and there are technique videos. Do they produce any significant events other than WTT?

• Bob 1
  • Jagger 1