how many medals do we nab in Paris

On 6/13/2024 at 8:46 AM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Zain- more proven than Metcalf (although Metcalf has the win over Sidakov, the savviest of all Russians)

Sidakov was wrestling Junior Worlds in 2015 while Metcalf was in his prime. 

On 6/16/2024 at 8:52 PM, Pinnacle said:

Sidakov was wrestling Junior Worlds in 2015 while Metcalf was in his prime. 

Metcalf beat Sidakov 5-1 in 2015.  The next year, Sidakov won Yarygin and Russian nationals.  Sidakov may have been a junior, but who knows how old he actually was?  He toed the line vs. Metcalf and doesn't need your excuses.  Regardless, he was on the cusp of greatness, and that was his only loss vs the US.

17 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Metcalf beat Sidakov 5-1 in 2015.  The next year, Sidakov won Yarygin and Russian nationals.  Sidakov may have been a junior, but who knows how old he actually was?  He toed the line vs. Metcalf and doesn't need your excuses.  Regardless, he was on the cusp of greatness, and that was his only loss vs the US.

You imply Dake or Burroughs could not have beaten a junior level Sidakov which is ridiculous even for you. 

• Bob 1

3 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

You imply Dake or Burroughs could not have beaten a junior level Sidakov which is ridiculous even for you. 

Where did I say that?  

You imply that Mesenbrink's win over Lockett doesn't count.  Wins over junior eligible competitors don't count in the pinnacle-verse.  Do wins by junior eligible competitor's count?  Did Mirasola not actually take Brooks down?  Not in the Pinnacle-verse! 

News flash: If they take the line in a senior event... it counts.

Also: Dake and Burroughs were not beating junior Sidakov at 65kg in 2015. Sorry.

Why are some of  these spoiled PSU/NLWC fans so sensitive?  

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

7 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Also: Dake and Burroughs were not beating junior Sidakov at 65kg in 2015. Sorry.

This is certainly a take.  Sidakov didn't start becoming a senior level wrestler until 2018.  He was too inconsistent in the years beforehand.

I had not really thought a ton about this, but it will be interesting to see how the Russian transfers perform relative to their usual standards now that they are unable to train in Russia given the new rules imposed which seemed to be a direct result of Taz.

20 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Where did I say that?  

You imply that Mesenbrink's win over Lockett doesn't count.  Wins over junior eligible competitors don't count in the pinnacle-verse.  Do wins by junior eligible competitor's count?  Did Mirasola not actually take Brooks down?  Not in the Pinnacle-verse! 

News flash: If they take the line in a senior event... it counts.

Why are some of  these spoiled PSU/NLWC fans so sensitive?  

The point is that you elevated Sidakov above what he actually was at the time - a junior (who would not inconsequentially lose Euro Juniors the following year) to what he would eventually become several years later. Why? Presumably to pump Metcalf above what he too was at the time, a good but nowhere near great wrestler. 

Had Dake or Burroughs wrestled Sidakov in 2015 they'd have beaten him easily too. Also, if Metcalf were able to beat the savviest of all Russians then one would expect him to have produced World and Olympic medals or at least to have advanced beyond the Round of 16 at Worlds that year, but no. 

12 hours ago, KingOtoguro said:

This is certainly a take.  Sidakov didn't start becoming a senior level wrestler until 2018.  He was too inconsistent in the years beforehand.

Sidakov won Russian Nationals and Yarygin in 2016. 

(and the point was that neither Dake nor Burroughs was making 65 kg in good enough shape to beat Sidakov in 2015)

On 6/13/2024 at 8:46 AM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Zain- more proven than Metcalf (although Metcalf has the win over Sidakov, the savviest of all Russians)

15 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

(and the point was that neither Dake nor Burroughs was making 65 kg in good enough shape to beat Sidakov in 2015)

I think your point was to equate Metcalf to Zain on the World stage and the only evidence you could muster to compare to Zain's world silver and world gold was a win over a then Junior. Not only is Zain more accomplished than Metcalf internationally, so is Yianni. 

1 hour ago, Pinnacle said:

The point is that you elevated Sidakov above what he actually was at the time - a junior (who would not inconsequentially lose Euro Juniors the following year) to what he would eventually become several years later. Why? Presumably to pump Metcalf above what he too was at the time, a good but nowhere near great wrestler. 

Had Dake or Burroughs wrestled Sidakov in 2015 they'd have beaten him easily too. Also, if Metcalf were able to beat the savviest of all Russians then one would expect him to have produced World and Olympic medals or at least to have advanced beyond the Round of 16 at Worlds that year, but no. 

Bro... I was literally giving Zain a compliment in saying that he is savvier than Metcalf was.  Someone else compared him to Metcalf, and I was saying that Zain is better... had more savvy.  I did mention that he managed to beat Sidakov who is one of the savvier Russians going.  He hadn't achieved his greatness yet, but he was still pretty darned good, winning two of the world's toughest tourneys a year later.

You see any perceived slight against any PSU/NLWC wrestler and you immediately need to come to the rescue.  Why is that?

I think your point was to equate Metcalf to Zain on the World stage and the only evidence you could muster to compare to Zain's world silver and world gold was a win over a then Junior. Not only is Zain more accomplished than Metcalf internationally, so is Yianni. 

I literally said Zain was more proven than Metcalf!  This was in response to someone else's post.  

How did Yianni get into this?  LOL

No crap!  They both have medals!  Clearly more accomplished.

But why harp on the juniors thing?  Who cares?  The guy wrestled in a senior event and lost.  Still a loss.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

See above...

On 6/9/2024 at 12:57 AM, alliseeisgold said:

Dake is on a mission for gold. He will not be denied

After that....I don't see a gold at all

Zain is a Metcalf clone on international. Will lose a tough battle by getting out gamed and out savvied

Brooks is not touching a pissed off yaz. Brooks gold medal mentally and training wise was beating Taylor. Yaz wants it more and good matchup.

Snyder.....he is bronze quality .... His upset over sadulaev is a one off.  The gap is widening. The field also has proven they can pick off Snyder. He has not gotten any better since trading OSU for Penn state

That leaves Spencer Lee and Paris. Both imo can medal and are the x factors on the team ....could make the finals.....but they aren't winning gold.

This is what I was responding to @Pinnacle.

On 6/19/2024 at 2:20 PM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

PSU/NLWC fans

6 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

PSU/NLWC wrestler

6 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Zain

It's the middle of June and you're still obsessing over everything Penn State!

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

@ionel...Is this the official US how many and who is most likely to win gold thread?

42 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

He only handles un-official medal threads...

Are you officially asking me if this is the unofficial thread or are you unofficially asking if this is the official thread?  🤷‍♀️

38 minutes ago, ionel said:

Are you officially asking me if this is the unofficial thread or are you unofficially asking if this is the official thread?  🤷‍♀️

25 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

That's right...

Mphillips with his curveballs

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

On 5/15/2024 at 6:46 AM, nhs67 said:

He forfeited to Israel because that is what Iran does.

Cool bet.

Please be gentle with me if you win.

I am open to it being Sig or Pic, to be clear - you choose when (if? 😞 ) it happens).

The bet is now clear, but to clarify for others...

Azarpira wins Gold - You win and choose either my Sig or my Pic.

Azarpira does not win a medal - I win and choose your Sig.

it appears this is a wash sir 

• Bob 1