Trump potential VP picks as reported by Bloomberg.

According to Bloomberg, Trump has auditioned VP picks JD Vance, Marco Rubio, Doug Burgum and Tim Scott.  Trump has stated that he plans to make his VP pick in July.

Personally I think the pick is going to be JD Vance the Young Senator from Ohio who is the best selling author of Hillbilly elegy, his memoir and autobiography.  

• Bob 1

It’s 2024.  Adding a white male as his VP will not be accepted.  It will be a minority, a woman or the sweet spot, a minority woman.  Picking the best and/or the most qualified isn’t how our society works.  

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

2 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

It’s 2024.  Adding a white male as his VP will not be accepted.  It will be a minority, a woman or the sweet spot, a minority woman.  Picking the best and/or the most qualified isn’t how our society works.  

Kristi Noem was the frontrunner apparently until they revisited her shooting her dog 20 years ago. 

8 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Kristi Noem was the frontrunner apparently until they revisited her shooting her dog 20 years ago. 

Not for nothing, but the "they" in this scenario is.....she.  She revisited it, and now people are talkiing about it. 

Then again if you're going to make a run at Trump's VP, you gotta be able to play victim cards,

1 minute ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Not for nothing, but the "they" in this scenario is.....she.  She revisited it, and now people are talkiing about it. 

Then again if you're going to make a run at Trump's VP, you gotta be able to play victim cards,

Yes she did, and it's a bad look any way.  I come from farm folk and killing a dog was an accepted practice, my grandfather killed dogs for killing livestock or chasing deer etc.  Today it is more of a sensitive subject and should be kept close to the vest. 

Can you elaborate on your victim card comment?

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Tulsi Gabbard checks all the boxes and as far as we know she has killed no dogs or cats.

• Bob 2

56 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Yes she did, and it's a bad look any way.  I come from farm folk and killing a dog was an accepted practice, my grandfather killed dogs for killing livestock or chasing deer etc.  Today it is more of a sensitive subject and should be kept close to the vest. 

Can you elaborate on your victim card comment?

One must play the card that one can basically do whatever one wants to do and any attempt at accountability for doing things one is not supposed to is then labled as bullying, harrassing, or even today in some cases, election interference....   But we don't want to focus on the wrong doing, we just want to focus on the reaction to the wrong doing.

That would be how I explain 'victim card' in a general sense. 

• Bob 1

The controversy over Noem’s actions are evidence of a disconnect with truth and reality.  She took the responsibility to eliminate a threat to herself and her family: children and others.  How many people have the gumption to do that today?  A woman once described how her mother went out in the yard and wrung the chickens’ necks, and proceeded to prepare them for their chicken dinners.  How much more acceptable would it have been in today’s society had she revealed that she had an abortion?

• Bob 1
  • Stalling 1

My wife lived in an area where stray dogs would show up.   The very first time they even growled at one of the kids, my father in law would take the dog for a walk.   No Dad - Not the walk.    The walk involved him going into the woods with the dog and returning without the dog.    You can't have a dog that turns on you, kills yours or the neighbors chickens, or is aggressive with children.   My lab, that was extremely smart, went after our chickens.   He didn't kill any but he did go after them.   When he did it when I was there, I cracked him on the head hard enough to stagger him.   After that he literally herded the chickens and did not go after them ever again.   Almost broke my hand, but he was smart enough to know killing was bad, herding was good.   Remarkable dog really. 

mspart

• Bob 1
  • Wrestle 1

Kristi Noem getting banned from visiting some of the Native American Reservations in her own state isn’t a good look either.   I’d say she’s off the list. 

I agree, even though she did the right thing.   A lot of people in the US are unaware of rural concerns and would be gobsmacked by the things that must be done in a rural setting.   She's gone from the list.   Plus she wears too much makeup.   She should be gone just for that.   What does she really look like the people wonder!!!

mspart

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Kristi Noem getting banned from visiting some of the Native American Reservations in her own state isn’t a good look either.   I’d say she’s off the list. 

Yeah,  but she's smoking hot in a bikini.   

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Indian tribes are notoriously communist, leftist.  She was banned for speaking the truth about the significance of drug cartels on tribal lands.  

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Offthemat said:

Indian tribes are notoriously communist, leftist.  She was banned for speaking the truth about the significance of drug cartels on tribal lands.  

Yes I know what the reservations are like and what she said. People in the middle don’t like it. 

2 hours ago, Offthemat said:

The controversy over Noem’s actions are evidence of a disconnect with truth and reality.  She took the responsibility to eliminate a threat to herself and her family: children and others.  How many people have the gumption to do that today?  A woman once described how her mother went out in the yard and wrung the chickens’ necks, and proceeded to prepare them for their chicken dinners.  How much more acceptable would it have been in today’s society had she revealed that she had an abortion?

Exactly, haven't read the book but it sounds like she is saying she took responsibility and did it herself.  If she had her husband do it would that be better or paid the vet to come out and take care of it?  If the dog's name was Buster would folks feel better than killing Cricket? 

I had to kill a cat we all had a specific pet from the litter.  Mine was a male, when got older it would leave for a couple months then come back.  Came back sick appeared to be rabies.  It was my cat, I didn't ask my older sister to do it.  

Occasionally we had to kill cattle or a horse.  One time when military could still go supersonic over our area the bang cause cattle in the feedlot to stampede one broke its leg.  We didn't wait a half day for the vet we killed and butchered it for the meat.  Why pay someone to do something you can do yourself, especially when they may not be available. 

We also castrated our own bull calves when all went thru the chute for shots, de-horn & branding.  Guess you could say we were way ahead of the times regarding gender change😉

• Bob 2

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

Exactly, haven't read the book but it sounds like she is saying she took responsibility and did it herself.  If she had her husband do it would that be better or paid the vet to come out and take care of it?  If the dog's name was Buster would folks feel better than killing Cricket? 

I had to kill a cat we all had a specific pet from the litter.  Mine was a male, when got older it would leave for a couple months then come back.  Came back sick appeared to be rabies.  It was my cat, I didn't ask my older sister to do it.  

Occasionally we had to kill cattle or a horse.  One time when military could still go supersonic over our area the bang cause cattle in the feedlot to stampede one broke its leg.  We didn't wait a half day for the vet we killed and butchered it for the meat.  Why pay someone to do something you can do yourself, especially when they may not be available. 

We also castrated our own bull calves when all went thru the chute for shots, de-horn & branding.  Guess you could say we were way ahead of the times regarding gender change😉

Sounds like we had similar experiences.  Doing your own dirty work.  Rural youths didn’t have to learn sex education from school, either. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Offthemat said:

Sounds like we had similar experiences.  Doing your own dirty work.  Rural youths didn’t have to learn sex education from school, either. 

I had my neighbor shoot our 14 year old dog who was in misery.  I didn't want to do it,  but it was fast and efficient and ended her suffering.  The vet wanted 150 dollars and it was a 50 mile round trip.  A 22 bullet did the trick.  And that was 15 years ago.  I imagine it is exponentially more now.  When I was on the farm more than 30 years ago we would use Rompum which is a deer tranquilizer ( Game Preserve) to put the Old farm dogs away. You have to do what you have to do.

Edited by Threadkilla
  • Bob 3

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Kristi Noem's publisher just took the passage about meeting Kim Jong Un out to the quarry and shot it.

Well that wasn't nice.  Maybe she just saw Kim Jong from her back yard.  🙅‍♀️