If it's all about NIL now who should be able to buy the most champs?

I'm highlighting the university with the biggest endowments who have D-1 wrestling programs:

Based on 2022 U.S. News figures:

1. Harvard University $50,877,680,000
2. Stanford University $36,338,794,000
3. Princeton University $35,126,200,000
4. University of Pennsylvania $20,724,351,000
5. University of Michigan—Ann Arbor $17,095,088,000
6. Duke University (NC) $12,692,472,000
7. University of Virginia $9,703,267,510
8. Cornell University (NY) $9,346,229,362

Of these top universities it seems only Michigan is utilizing their vast reserves to buy transfers.  The rest of these players need to get in the game!

• Poopy 1
  • Clown 1

14 minutes ago, ionel said:

Pretty sure you can't use university endowment funds for NIL.  However, let's start a new thread about it anyway.  🙄

Pretty sure it would be the dumbest thing to do if they did. It's almost as if.... they don't understand what it is. 

• Brain 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I'm highlighting the university with the biggest endowments who have D-1 wrestling programs:

Of these top universities it seems only Michigan is utilizing their vast reserves to buy transfers.  The rest of these players need to get in the game!

Weak

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

25 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Yes, of course I don't mean DIRECT use of endowment funds for NIL.  But let's not kid ourselves that money can flow through different avenues...

Please explain, so are the athletes going to take over research jobs at the university? 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

It would be awesome if Harvard spent all their money on D1 wrestling champs to come in.

Stanford should invest into this too. I see Alirez could go to Stanford. Very likely it will not happen.

If you put together the best team of ACT 36s what would it look like?  Or let's say you dropped the cut off to 34 could two teams compete for hardware?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Yes, of course I don't mean DIRECT use of endowment funds for NIL.  But let's not kid ourselves that money can flow through different avenues...

Yes you did FauxJimmy.....  "Of these top universities it seems only Michigan is utilizing their vast reserves to buy transfers.  The rest of these players need to get in the game!"

Dumbest idea ever. Schools use endowments (interest) to fund the programs and sometimes coaches salaries. Paying for transfers for the next ___ years depletes it and then those wrestlers are gone. That's only one of the negative aspects. Yes, money can flow through different avenues... one is called an endowment and the other is called NIL. How about just giving to NIL if. you want your school to get transfers? 

Edited by Idaho

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

8 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Correct me if I am wrong, and I probably am, but I thought NIL money was supposed to come from the sponsors who used the the athletes NIL. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Richferg said:

Correct me if I am wrong, and I probably am, but I thought NIL money was supposed to come from the sponsors who used the the athletes NIL. 

crickets GIF

(This me not correcting you...as you are not wrong).

Edited by scourge165

1 hour ago, Richferg said:

Guess where these colleges endowments come from?  Hint: the same source that funds NIL

8 hours ago, TexRef said:

I understand that the off season is very rough on us, but man this is BAD. 

Still better than another Ferrari thread... unless you are looking at the real Ferrari race cars on f1.com

They are racing in Miami this weekend.

• Haha 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Guess where these colleges endowments come from?  Hint: the same source that funds NIL

So these schools should have the least NIL available because the donors' money went to the endowment. Who has the smallest endowment?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

11 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

So these schools should have the least NIL available because the donors' money went to the endowment. Who has the smallest endowment?

That would only be true if each school’s donor pool had the same collective amount of money, which you obviously know is not the case. 

On 5/3/2024 at 7:15 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Endowments usually come from donors. Gatorade using Carter Starocci’s likeness on a bottle isn’t donating to Penn States endowment. 

2 minutes ago, Richferg said:

Endowments usually come from donors. Gatorade using Carter Starocci’s likeness on a bottle isn’t donating to Penn States endowment. 

Yes, endowments come from donors.  NIL money also comes primarily from donors.