New Iowa Wrestling Room

14 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

If TNT somehow thread that needle and pull this off, they may be coaches of the decade.

I will take the under, but I am all in on this roller coaster ride.

Maybe only 2 Ferrari?

Screenshot_20240503-082942_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b266ff198abad8b3da5e0b114136b87b.jpg

Looks pretty nice! I'm envious of those who get to experience "new wrestling room smell"... which no doubt will be completely gone after one day of practice there 😂

I think people are commenting on the windows because it's such a contrast to with the new UNI wrestling room design?

• Bob 1

21 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

What fun would that be? I want all the drama, all the disfunction, all the highs, and all the lows. 

ghows-OH-72b19521-4da1-4dcf-b23c-0e4f4d5

• Bob 1

On 5/1/2024 at 9:41 PM, CowboyYe2024 said:

I am waiting until OK States new wrestling room get built.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. T Boone is dead and rotting, where will they get the bucks they need for a new wrestling room? 

On 5/2/2024 at 12:05 AM, lisa morales said:

So, it's an Amazon warehouse with lots of wrestling mats.  What am I missing?

I wasn't impressed with it either. It looks tacky. Plus how much energy are they going to have to burn to get that mammoth building up to 90 degrees for wrestling practice? 

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 7:58 PM, Dogbone said:

No group think here... Everyone has independently thought a wrestling room is terrible if it doesn't have natural light and the same facility would be better if it had windows.  Always the number one thing you hear when talking about a facility, "whats the window situation"  

Thank goodness Cael, JB, John Smith, etc.  all lifted and trained in naturally lit buildings that led to their gold medals success....

In my wrestling career I NEVER saw a wrestling room with a window and I know for a fact that John Smith's college wrestling room didn't have any windows 😄

I know you were being facetious about wrestling rooms with "natural light", but have you actually seen a room like that? 

Edited by NM1965

This facility will be used by the women also correct?

Are the women not part of HWC?  I noticed at trials the athletes were listed as “Iowa Womens Wrestling Club”

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

In my wrestling career I NEVER saw a wrestling room with a window and I know for a fact that John Smith's college wrestling room didn't have any windows 😄

I know you were being facetious about wrestling rooms with "natural light", but have you actually seen a room like that? 

I never wrestled in a wrestling room with Windows. Campbell University has a wrestling room with natural light coming in from Windows. In my opinion it makes a huge difference. Also state of the art weights, equipment, and locker room. Wrestlers lounge with study area. https://express.adobe.com/page/r6GhdjA9CiDak/

Edited by Santos
  • Bob 1

13 hours ago, Santos said:

I never wrestled in a wrestling room with Windows. Campbell University has a wrestling room with natural light coming in from Windows. In my opinion it makes a huge difference. Also state of the art weights, equipment, and locker room. Wrestlers lounge with study area. https://express.adobe.com/page/r6GhdjA9CiDak/

I saw their facilities in a youtube video a year or two ago. Pretty nice, a lot better than the dank, stinky pits I practiced in. 

8 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Covelli Multi-Sport Arena And Jennings Family Wrestling, 46% OFF

Jennings Family Wrestling Facility Team Reveal - Ohio State

Wow, Ohio State's facility looks very cheery. That in itself means it's not worthy of being a wrestling room. Wrestling rooms should be dank, hot, stinky, oppressive, and overly well lit so the lights burn your retinas if you give up a turn. 

23 hours ago, NM1965 said:

Wisconsin...

It's the same room it has been for 50 years probably, but it's got great natural light.

It was absolutely unbearably hot in the summer. I remember a heat wave with temps up to ~100, black mats, the sun beating in. Room was ~120 or so. 

I went from ~165 to about ~141 and...as I'm saying that, I'm realizing how PERFECT that would have been for John Smith!

• Haha 1