Are all the Pro-Palestine, anti Israel protests helping or hurting the Democrats?

7 minutes ago, braves121 said:

No i don’t use derogatory terms for groups of people to insult people i don’t agree with unlike you 

You may want to do some research on what that word means.  Hint: the opposite is …….  Early.  You are  Unbelievably stupid.  

10 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

You may want to do some research on what that word means.  Hint: the opposite is …….  Early.  You are  Unbelievably stupid.  

So what was intention with calling me a libtard? Were you saying I’m late? Or were you just adding lib to ***I am an idiot and can't use a better adjective***?

2 hours ago, braves121 said:

More generic right wing buzzwords. I don’t expect reparations and don’t advocate for it and have never mentioned it, but it’s a boogeyman Fox News talks about so you think all liberals are for it. 

you would be surprised

• Bob 1

36 minutes ago, braves121 said:

So what was intention with calling me a libtard? Were you saying I’m late? Or were you just adding lib to ***I am an idiot and can't use a better adjective***?

Sure 

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, braves121 said:

I think the part where I call you unbelievably stupid answers this question.  

Edited by JimmyBT

4 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

I think the part where I call you unbelievably stupid answers this question.  

Cool so now we are on the same page. You think it’s fine to call people you disagree with ***I am an idiot and can't use a better adjective***s and that just shows the type of person you are I’m glad we have great moral values coming from the right

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Cool so now we are on the same page. You think it’s fine to call people you disagree with ***I am an idiot and can't use a better adjective***s and that just shows the type of person you are I’m glad we have great moral values coming from the right

Coming from you I consider this a compliment.  Thx. I’m so glad I’m not the type,of person you are. 

Edited by JimmyBT

On 5/1/2024 at 7:07 AM, Dark Energy said:

Catching up …

If the protest is about urging Israel to be more careful in their hunt for Hamas and by doing so kill fewer ‘innocents.’  Ok.  I get that.  Hell, I can be a supporter.  Seems like that is what @uncle bernardis protesting about.  As part of this, there is recognition that what the elected government of Gaza did was EVIL and Israel has the right and obligation to destroy the leadership and leaderships ability to conduct such EVIL.  @uncle bernard .. fair to say you agree with this part too?

Colleges have a history of protest action.  I’m good.  Protests that follow every rule don’t get much attention.  These protesters want attention.  

However, I’ve seen plenty that suggests that the protests can go beyond this.  ‘From the river to the sea, let Palestine be free’ (etc.).  Basically … The desire for the elimination of Israel.  I’m against that.  I would not join protests for this cause.@uncle bernard - you?  

I’ve also seen video of protestors in the past clearly supporting Hamas.  Not following the college stuff enough to know … but if any of the protests suggest support for Hamas … gross.

Is there a clear write up of the exact demands of this protest movement?  

As an aside - Some chant Israel is has been and is committing genocide …. which is laughable on its face.  Gaza population has grown a lot in past decades. Death toll would be exponentially higher if regular purposeful targeting of every human in Gaza was occurring and the eradication of Gazas population was the plan — akin to what Hamas did when it invaded Israel.

@uncle bernard - just popping thus up as you mentioned you would get back to answer these questions.

Read quote.  I would amplify that if the protests were just about protecting innocents, awesome.  Is that the only demand or desire from your protest crew?

From major news media I’m seeing it go beyond this.  Chants against Israel existing.  Being against zionism.  Is your protest, or those that you are with, getting this idea / demand across?  If so, this is where you lose me and I would guess many others.  

Is there any aspect of your protest that appears to be pro hamas or otherwise justify Oct 7 … perhaps by blaming Israel?  

Do any of your team of protestors actively decry Oct 7 and protest Hamas’ actions on that day - Hamas’ targeting, killing, raping, and kidnapping ‘innocents’ ?

Trying to get a better sense of what the FULL protest message is about. 

1 hour ago, Dark Energy said:

@uncle bernard - just popping thus up as you mentioned you would get back to answer these questions.

Read quote.  I would amplify that if the protests were just about protecting innocents, awesome.  Is that the only demand or desire from your protest crew?

From major news media I’m seeing it go beyond this.  Chants against Israel existing.  Being against zionism.  Is your protest, or those that you are with, getting this idea / demand across?  If so, this is where you lose me and I would guess many others.  

Is there any aspect of your protest that appears to be pro hamas or otherwise justify Oct 7 … perhaps by blaming Israel?  

Do any of your team of protestors actively decry Oct 7 and protest Hamas’ actions on that day - Hamas’ targeting, killing, raping, and kidnapping ‘innocents’ ?

Trying to get a better sense of what the FULL protest message is about. 

Sorry, I've been slammed the last few days.

The full demand goes beyond that, yes.

1) The demand of the college protests specifically is for divestment. Most of these universities invest money or provide support to Israeli Military Operations or companies that do. Students don't want their tuition dollars invested in things they find evil. This is built on the tradition of the South African divestment movement back in the 80s. One student at the protest I attend has lost over 10 family members, mostly women and children, in the last 6 months. He doesn't want his tuition dollars supporting that.

2) Antizionism is the core of the overall protest movement. There's a lot of slippage in the coverage of what that means and chants that are against Israel's "existence." We certainly don't support the state of Israel's existence as it *currently exists.* That does not refer to the existence of Israeli's as individuals. Every person has the right to live peacefully with equal protection under the law. That is an American value.

There are a range of opinions on what that might look like, from a two state solution where Israel ends the blockade of Gaza and occupation of the West Bank and Palestine receives official statehood to a one state solution where the Palestinian and Israeli populations are integrated under one secular government with equal rights for all "from the river to the sea."

3) I can't speak for everyone in the movement. Every protest movement will have people within it with bad opinions. I will say for certain, if you talk to most of the people involved, they will strongly decry the murder of civilians on 10/7 along with the murder of civilians by both sides before and after. I have not seen a lick of pro-Hamas sentiment in my protest, which involves hundreds of people, yet coverage of us routinely describes that sentiment is present. I can't speak to every protest but the gap between the media coverage of us and what is actually happening is insane. I suspect that applies to most locations too.

7 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

I'm sorry, you think the frat boys are the good guys here?

I'm begging you to go back and look at the student movements of the past and ask how well the behavior of the counter-protestors aged. These frat boys have their picture in a history book one day just like the guys in the south protesting integration.

• Confused 1