Who's done, who isn't

What do we know about who's retired post-OTTs?

I know J'Den and Mark Hall left their shoes on the mat.   

JB said before OTTs that this was his last go-round, but I haven't seen anything "official" from him.

Have to assume Green is done.

Not sure what to expect from Gilman, Taylor, Gwiz...

Thought Starocci was one and done, but he gave an interview pre-OTTs saying he's leaning toward coming back to PSU so maybe he isn't done internationally either.

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, fishbane said:

Alex Marinelli tweeted his retirement on X after the trials.

Just saw that.  He was always a tough out at Iowa.  Seems like a good and sincere kid, hard not to like.  Did pretty well at trials too, with nice wins over Berger and Haines.  I wonder if Iowa has a job for him, or if he'll move on?  Wish him well.

2 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

Starocci said 60-40 he would stay  meaning he will be back IMO

I don't love the "told ya so," but...I told y'all so! The chance to be a 5X Champ? And he can go '84? The only question is will Keckiesen wrestle '84 or '97? I predicted he'd win it at '97 next year, but the chance to stop the guy going to 5? That may be bigger than winning his 2nd title.

9 hours ago, scourge165 said:

I don't love the "told ya so," but...I told y'all so! The chance to be a 5X Champ? And he can go '84? The only question is will Keckiesen wrestle '84 or '97? I predicted he'd win it at '97 next year, but the chance to stop the guy going to 5? That may be bigger than winning his 2nd title.

PK is going 184.  The question is if Starocci will go 184 or 197.  He didn't even mention 184 in his Pre-OTT interview.  He mentioned 197 then said "I don't know... I like ruling 174."

He also said Haines doesn't like the cut to 157, so him at 174 is an option.  Maybe less of an option after he just lost to Facundo at OTT, but still an option.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 minutes ago, Ragu said:

I’d assume DT does the same as Burroughs and goes to worlds this year and competes there?

Possibly but it would have to be at 92kg. 

• Bob 1

7 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

PK is going 184.  The question is if Starocci will go 184 or 197.  He didn't even mention 184 in his Pre-OTT interview.  He mentioned 197 then said "I don't know... I like ruling 174."

He also said Haines doesn't like the cut to 157, so him at 174 is an option.  Maybe less of an option after he just lost to Facundo at OTT, but still an option.

Haines got teched by Lean Mean Gary Steen in freestyle a few short years ago. His style is folkstyle. This whole tipping somebody over briefly while you’re getting buried on a double leg so you get 2 and he gets 1 is horse shit. Haines knows it, Cael knows it, and the American people know it. You know who liked freestyle more than folkstyle? John du Pont. Everybody is welcome to choose who they side with. 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2
  • Poopy 1

11 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

Haines got teched by Lean Mean Gary Steen in freestyle a few short years ago. His style is folkstyle. This whole tipping somebody over briefly while you’re getting buried on a double leg so you get 2 and he gets 1 is horse shit. Haines knows it, Cael knows it, and the American people know it. You know who liked freestyle more than folkstyle? John du Pont. Everybody is welcome to choose who they side with. 

He didn't get 1, though.  He didn't get any against Facundo - at all.

You're a ***ducking** dumb shit for trying to bring anything in regards to du Pont in to any argument.  Holy ***ducking** shit you dumb mother***duck**er.

• Bob 3

18 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He didn't get 1, though.  He didn't get any against Facundo - at all.

You're a ***ducking** dumb shit for trying to bring anything in regards to du Pont in to any argument.  Holy ***ducking** shit you dumb mother***duck**er.

I like a good dose of irony to kick off the week. 

• Fire 1

31 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

You know who liked freestyle more than folkstyle? John du Pont.  

He liked the style he had mastered, claiming a veterans world title in the early 90's.  He was a beast!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

I like a good dose of irony to kick off the week. 

That isn't being ironic.  It's called being a classless cunt, so good on you for being the worst you possibly could be.

There are those who actually trained during those times and hold parts dear and near to their hearts for those he effected on these forums, myself included.

• Bob 5

18 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

That isn't being ironic.  It's called being a classless cunt, so good on you for being the worst you possibly could be.

There are those who actually trained during those times and hold parts dear and near to their hearts for those he effected on these forums, myself included.

THIS!

• Bob 1

On 4/21/2024 at 11:04 PM, BAC said:

Just saw that.  He was always a tough out at Iowa.  Seems like a good and sincere kid, hard not to like.  Did pretty well at trials too, with nice wins over Berger and Haines.  I wonder if Iowa has a job for him, or if he'll move on?  Wish him well.

His post said he was moving to coaching, but didn’t say where.  Would he count as the “new blood” people were asking for if he joined the Iowa staff?

We didn't see any 57 kg retirements, thank goodness. We could see some really fun non-Olympic-weight World Team Trials brackets. For example, at 61 kg:

Zane Richards

Vito Arujau

Nick Suriano

Nico Megaludis

Thomas Gilman

Nathan Tomasello

Daniel DeShazer

Daton Fix

The Kindergarten Corps

• Bob 2

7 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

We didn't see any 57 kg retirements, thank goodness. We could see some really fun non-Olympic-weight World Team Trials brackets. For example, at 61 kg:

Zane Richards

Vito Arujau

Nick Suriano

Nico Megaludis

Thomas Gilman

Nathan Tomasello

Daniel DeShazer

Daton Fix

The Kindergarten Corps

No immediate retirements, though I wonder how much longer we will see Richards, Megaludis, Gilman, Tomasello, and DeShazer.  All will be at least 30 by the end of next month.  I'd be surprised if they were all still wrestling in 2028.  I hope they still are.  Danny Felix made his one and only world team at 35 years old at this weight 

• Bob 1