Aaron Brooks

Here's what Aaron Brooks did in the last month:

• Won his 4th NCAA title, won the NCAA Tournament Most Outstanding Wrestler award, and caps off a Hodge-winning season
  • Won the OTT challenge Tournament where he was forced to wrestle near 11 PM and cut weight after midnight. Weighs in hours later at 8 AM, beat reigning world champ DT at 1 PM and again at 9:20 PM.
  • Went to class and studied and stuff?

It's unfortunate that Brooks was given such a disadvantageous schedule simply because he was one of the biggest names at the tournament.

At any rate, he got through it. Bro is an absolute monster.

Edited by peanut

It's going to be reaalllly awkward if he loses to Amine again. Does Taylor go on another twitter rant like he did to Cox after he lost two matches to him as well?

i am an idiot on the internet

Thought the embrace with Taylor was quite nice to see. While I think the religious talk gets a bit overblown he seems like a very genuine young man and backs his words with the way he carries himself unlike some of the others. His wrestling speaks for itself even with yazandi in the field if the moment does not get to him Brooks is my pick and I don't think it will because if he believes everything he says god has him so there's really no need to put the olympics above any other tournament hes competed in.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

is he the next jordan? 

Tough to say how he’ll finish career. I think he should expect multiple world-level golds for himself. I also think he’s fully capable of winning gold in Paris in a few months — and if he does it would be a rare accomplishment for a college wrestler.

Not sure if JB’s willing to work with Brooks, but if he is they should work together. I’m sure JB could help him game plan for Yazdani. 

Edited by peanut

Tough to say how he’ll finish career. I think he should expect multiple world-level golds for himself. I also think he’s fully capable of winning gold in Paris in a few months — and if he does it would be a rare accomplishment for a college wrestler.
Not sure if JB’s willing to work with Brooks, but if he is they should work together. I’m sure JB could help him game plan for Yazdani. 

JB has never wrestled Yazdani.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1

2 minutes ago, Tyler said:

I’d be working with Yazdani’s father, David Taylor for any help before JB. I feel like NLWC will have Aaron ready for Paris

Yes DT would be the best resource for sure. But if a seven time gold medalist lives three hours from you, you’d be smart to reach out.

3 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

is he the next jordan? 

Didn’t Jordan win one earlier?  Age wise.  Snyder sure did.   Brooks is 8,711 days old.   Or 23.86 years old.   Jden cox was ~21 when winning world gold.  

Edited by Caveira

49 minutes ago, peanut said:

Yes DT would be the best resource for sure. But if a seven time gold medalist lives three hours from you, you’d be smart to reach out.

yes reach out to Burroughs when you have Cael, Varner, DT, Dake, Snyder and Gilman in the room.

Edited by Threadkilla
  • Bob 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

yes reach out to Burroughs when you have Cael, Varner, DT, Dake, Snyder and Gilman in the room.

With the way the psu faithful treated jb.   Think he would rather help brooks or yazdani?

• Bob 1

With the way the psu faithful treated jb.   Think he would rather help brooks or yazdani?

This is one of the more ridiculous takes on this board.

JB isn’t going to be involved in Brooks’ Paris prep at all, and he’s not going to reach out to help the Iranian rep (Yazdani had shoulder surgery and is doubtful for Paris).

2 minutes ago, Le duke said:

This is one of the more ridiculous takes on this board.

JB isn’t going to be involved in Brooks’ Paris prep at all, and he’s not going to reach out to help the Iranian rep (Yazdani had shoulder surgery and is doubtful for Paris).

I mean it’s almost literally discussed above.  You even made a fringe comment about it. 

13 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Every high-level business brings in outside consultants to get a fresh perspective on their operations. NLWC obviously has plenty of resources, but it wouldn’t hurt to get the benefit of JB’s expertise. He’s not going up to 86kg so he shouldn’t fee any sort of way about it. But whatever. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Le duke said:

JB is going to help an Iranian beat an American?

Of course not. The comment was so ignorant it didn't deserve a reply, but there you are throwing down for some nonsense and giving it relevance...