Thomas Gilman

3 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Hey was running past the other athletes, thier coaches and trainers etc. It was off putting because there was an organized procession of people before every match, they had everyone walk out in an organized fashion about a minute before their match, a little silly, but they were adding a bit of ceremony to add some gravity to the event. Anyway, gilman just ran pass everyone and did his own thing and I thought it was a bit obnoxious.

Its an Iowa thing probably learned it from Zadick (think there's training film on it) he would run across other active mats in a tournament to get to the locker room after his match, even more so when he lost.   

55 minutes ago, ionel said:

Its an Iowa thing probably learned it from Zadick (think there's training film on it) he would run across other active mats in a tournament to get to the locker room after his match, even more so when he lost.   

Yeah for me it just depends how disruptive it is. Running off to cool down is fine. If its crowded and you're bumping into people its dumb, if your disrupting the way the people running the tournament wanted to present it I find that kind of obnoxious, don't know of any competitive advantage of running to the mat....if it was the only obnoxious thing he'd ever done I would give a pass but its very much the behavior of the dork who ran into minnesotas huddle and stuff like that.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

What exactly was he talking about in his interview, saying that he was not sure he was going to wrestle in this tournament? Some adversity at home?
Sure as hell sounded like this was his last tournament.

Any other Gilman vs. Minnesota videos you'd like to share? #Backpack

The topic was specifically about the day Gilman busted into the Minnesota huddle and pissed everyone off. The video I posted was filmed a few moments later.

Gilman is the unique cerebral grinder with a few slick shots.  In your face, very strong and intense.  Big fan. Always enjoy seeing someone not reach their goals at one level and then reaching them at an even higher level. World champ for life.  Much respect. 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1