Do any Penn State wrestlers beat Kyle Dake?

54 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

No talking fantasy where David Taylor is great.

Reality in the mat.

At his weight no but brooks vs dake would be a hell of a match

• Bob 2

1 hour ago, AgaveMaria said:

No talking fantasy where David Taylor is great.

Reality in the mat.

IMO Brooks is underrated. I think he wins Olympic gold this summer.

• Bob 2
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, 4xJVchamp said:

If yazdani isn’t there he’s winning gold

That would be a super tough matchup and Brooks would be the underdog. But I think Brooks takes it. Yazdani is only 29, but it’s a well-worn 29. Plus NLWC has been studying him for years. 

• Brain 1

2 hours ago, peanut said:

That would be a super tough matchup and Brooks would be the underdog. But I think Brooks takes it. Yazdani is only 29, but it’s a well-worn 29. Plus NLWC has been studying him for years. 

I agree, Brooks is constant pressure and his gas tank is rivaled by very few. In the past Taylor has been able to break yazdani with his constant offense. 

Dake has such a defensive and counter-offensive approach to wrestling.

Penn State is extremely offense-oriented.

Dake has been able to stop moving objects.

Give Mesenbrink a year or so and he might be the guy to beat Dake.  Except for his loss to Borroughs, he tore everybody else up in the bracket.

9 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

Give Mesenbrink a year or so and he might be the guy to beat Dake.  Except for his loss to Borroughs, he tore everybody else up in the bracket.

When Messenbrink learns an ounce of defense, he'll be scary at the Senior level. 

• Bob 1

When Messenbrink learns an ounce of defense, he'll be scary at the Senior level. 

Askren was saying that he thinks MM has been working with Dake a lot.

I’d bet he’s his training partner for Paris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Askren was saying that he thinks MM has been working with Dake a lot.

I’d bet he’s his training partner for Paris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they move very similar and MM's stance and movement was quite different prior to PSU so I believe that for sure. Pace has always been there but the in and out footwork and the stance switching at least to the degree it is now I did not see in his first u20 run and even as much in the second as is prevalent now. It'll be interesting if he tightens things up like Nolf did, it will make him less exciting but in Nolfs case made him much better on the senior level.

10 hours ago, KennyEBHS said:

Kyle Dake is the most unlikeable wrestler in this reader's mind since he beat Molinaro for his first NCAA championship.

he beat Montell Marion of iowa for his first title…he rode the Tank like a rented mule for his second.

• Bob 1

Mesenbrink will never amount to anything on the senior circuit.

He beat some guys named Jacques and locket. Never heard of them.

David carr dominated him. Outside of that he didn't face legit top shelf talent all year. His style against burroughs was laughable. 

I just honestly believe this guy being compared to nolf etc has been overblown. He hasn't faced the same guys they did in college. 

Edited by alliseeisgold
  • Haha 1
  • Potato 1
  • Poopy 1
  • Clown 2
  • Ionel 1

7 hours ago, SocraTease said:

Shocking. Dake losing another fantasy match to a PSU wrestler

• Brain 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

David carr dominated him. Outside of that he didn't face legit top shelf talent all year. His style against burroughs was laughable. 

I just honestly believe this guy being compared to nolf etc has been overblown. He hasn't faced the same guys they did in college. 

I see lots of posters are drinking tonight. 

Carr did not dominate Mesenbrink.  He won 9-8 and would likely have lost if MM knew the score or the match continued.   MM teched Monday, which was something Nolf came nowhere to doing. Monday is also probably better at freestyle than Carr, who only beat MM on a riding point in, yes, folkstyle.  Mesenbrink is a U 20 World champ and also a U20 silver medalist.  Better credentials than Nolf at that age.

But let me be clear:  I'm not saying MM is better than Nolf right now..  He's about 7 years younger.  

Get off the juice.  I bet you have a hangover in the morning. Alluseeistheroomspinning

• Bob 3
  • Fire 3

2 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

I see lots of posters are drinking tonight. 

Carr did not dominate Mesenbrink.  He won 9-8 and would likely have lost if MM knew the score or the match continued.   MM teched Monday, which was something Nolf came nowhere to doing. Monday is also probably better at freestyle than Carr, who only beat MM on a riding point in, yes, folkstyle.  Mesenbrink is a U 20 World champ and also a U20 silver medalist.  Better credentials than Nolf at that age.

But let me be clear:  I'm not saying MM is better than Nolf right now..  He's about 7 years younger.  

Get off the juice.  I bet you have a hangover in the morning. Alluseeistheroomspinning

Carr was up like 8 to 1 and mm scored on stall calls

Wake me up when mm wrestled dudes like Isiah Martinez or kremerer or even guys like Micah Jordan in college

Messenbrink is a level below the top top tier in college imo and keeps being put there. He is a clear level below Carr and otoole.

You can't win in senior level with no defense. That's been proven over and over.

I'm the guy who said mm would be destroyed before the burroughs match when everyone else said it would be close.

When I compare messenbrink to nolf or zain in college since he gets that kind of hype..they were so much better on top....so much stronger....so much more fundamental....so much better defense....beat and dominated much more upper level competition

• Racing Family 1

9 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

DERP