OTT Finals Thread

Just now, Voice of the Quakers said:

I wouldn’t say Stevenson has been “performing” for the WWE…

He threatened on twitter to come compete at the ott about 20 mins ago.    (Kidding of course).   

1 minute ago, Caveira said:

He threatened on twitter to come compete at the ott about 20 mins ago.    (Kidding of course).   

Won’t be surprised if he’s back next cycle. Some real fighters just don’t work in “pro” wrestling, and some guys who can’t fight at all are amazing fake fighters.

Dan McDonald, Penn '93
danmc167@yahoo.com

4 minutes ago, Voice of the Quakers said:

Won’t be surprised if he’s back next cycle. Some real fighters just don’t work in “pro” wrestling, and some guys who can’t fight at all are amazing fake fighters.

Prolly.   He’s in.  He’s out.  He’s in.   He’s out.  He’s in.   You get it.  His Sctick is a bit old but he would be a force if competing now…. Or in near future. 

29 minutes ago, peanut said:

That's it, I'm done for the evening. I can't take this.

Oh man. Where is your stamina. With all these breaks you could rebuild your car engine, finish off the honey do list, put some meat on the grill, cook it and eat it and they would only be halfway through.

I’ve enjoyed the format. Great opportunity to see our athletes that I don’t normally watch. Greco is… well Greco. Those athletes deserve as much recognition as any others. 

However, I am perplexed why 57 and 65 just wrestled this morning. Can’t make sense of that. 

My guess is they were looking to find ways to keep the TV broadcast to 3-1/2 hours. Putting the first two matches for the non-qual weights (2 for MFS & 4 for Greco) saves an hour on the broadcast time for the evening session.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, lu_alum said:

My guess is they were looking to find ways to keep the TV broadcast to 3-1/2 hours. Putting the first two matches for the non-qual weights (2 for MFS & 4 for Greco) saves an hour on the broadcast time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My guess was they wanted to see how the unqualified weight guys would do close to weigh ins?

33 minutes ago, Packard said:

I’ve enjoyed the format. Great opportunity to see our athletes that I don’t normally watch. Greco is… well Greco. Those athletes deserve as much recognition as any others. 

However, I am perplexed why 57 and 65 just wrestled this morning. Can’t make sense of that. 

It’s because tonight is all about the Olympics. Everyone who wins tonight is punching their ticket to Paris. The guys at 57 and 65 (and several Greco weights) punched their their ticket to a tournament where maybe they can qualify for Paris. 

• Bob 2

Blades is ... um ... very sharp. 

She cuts up and out a ten time medalist and legend of the sport.

Gray is a great representative of the sport and seems like a fine person, but I think there has been a changing of the guard

2 minutes ago, Voice of the Quakers said:

I’m not sure how Blades will do in Paris, but her athleticism is unseen at Women’s HWT

Izzy Martinez just gave a bag of cash to Elor with a note "thanks for dropping down a weight"

• Bob 1

i am an idiot on the internet

Just now, Red95 said:

It’s because tonight is all about the Olympics. Everyone who wins tonight is punching their ticket to Paris. The guys at 57 and 65 (and several Greco weights) punched their their ticket to a tournament where maybe they can qualify for Paris. 

Ummm unless they split matches; then they'd be wrestling tonight.  So no....

• Brain 1