OTT Finals Thread

2 minutes ago, NormMacDonald said:

I don't see it like that.  I see it as this being his full time job and he found a place where he thinks he can get even better at his craft. 

Yea I get that but it’s just kind of weird to me when I hear him say things like he’s a fan of PSU wrestling. I understand that’s his home now but it’s still odd. 

4 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

He couldn't beat Sadulaev and sought out improvement. And Tom Ryan never taught him how to get out from bottom.

Snyder was never going to beat Sadulaev once he grew into the weight. He could have the best coaching staff in the world in his corner and it wasn’t going to happen. He should thank his lucky stars Sadulaev isn’t allowed to wrestle at the Olympics.

8 minutes ago, 4xJVchamp said:

I honestly don’t understand how a person can just turn their back on the program where they had great success in. Did Snyder get screwed over by tOSU or something?

There is a video he did a couple weeks ago with a former PSU wrestler (Can't remember his name) and he said it was the best place for him to improve.   With Varner in the room and several other great practice partners.  

• Bob 1

6 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

He couldn't beat Sadulaev and sought out improvement. And Tom Ryan never taught him how to get out from bottom.

Tom didn.t need to.  Snyder had about 200 takedowns in college. 

• Bob 1

3 minutes ago, 4xJVchamp said:

Yea I get that but it’s just kind of weird to me when I hear him say things like he’s a fan of PSU wrestling. I understand that’s his home now but it’s still odd. 

Back in the day there was this kid, Dan Gable, was an Iowa State stud.  One day became a huge Iowa Hawkeye fan.  It happens

• Bob 1
  • Stalling 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Mesenbrink hammered Monday 12-1.  

JB is sitting in the true third place match but will he wrestle?    Maybe he will wrestle in the challenge tournament against selected Penn State fans in the arena.

Edited by SocraTease

2 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

There is a video he did a couple weeks ago with a former PSU wrestler (Can't remember his name) and he said it was the best place for him to improve.   With Varner in the room and several other great practice partners.  

NLWC has like 8 out 12 guys in the MFS finals. It’s just the best room in the country right now.

• Stalling 1

Just now, PortaJohn said:

Back in the day there was this kid, Dan Gable, was an Iowa State stud.  One day became a huge Iowa Hawkeye fan.  It happens

Building a legacy at another school via coaching is different. At least in my opinion it is. 

6 minutes ago, 4xJVchamp said:

Snyder was never going to beat Sadulaev once he grew into the weight. He could have the best coaching staff in the world in his corner and it wasn’t going to happen. He should thank his lucky stars Sadulaev isn’t allowed to wrestle at the Olympics.

Luckily you have the same hindsight we all do to know this statement is true. At the time the series was 1-1. Keep trolling for laundry though.

• Bob 1

i am an idiot on the internet

Just now, 4xJVchamp said:

Building a legacy at another school via coaching is different. At least in my opinion it is. 

I'm sure Tom Ryan understands what Kyle did.  You're not accusing him of turning his back on Hofstra by transferring to Iowa

• Bob 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

3 minutes ago, 4xJVchamp said:

Snyder won a world gold medal at 19. Beat our Olympic Gold medalist to make the team. He has 7 world and 2 Olympic medals. I believe 3 are Gold. Sadulaev was the best pound for pound wrestler in the world. Both of them both lost at Worlds last year.

7 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

Mesenbrink hammered Monday 12-1.  

JB is sitting in the true third place match but will he wrestle?    Maybe he will wrestle in the challenge tournament against selected Penn State fans in the arena.

Please let this rematch happen! It will be so entertaining. 

• Bob 1

38 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

To cool the temperature in the room, I want to provide a love story. Zac Braunagel is one match away from the third place bout just like his girlfriend, while his brother Danny Braunagel is already in the third place bout.

All that despite these NLWC refs. 

Yes, because "nlwc" refs would naturally focus on screwing Illinois wrestlers. Long known fact.