Penn State fans booing Jordan Burroughs

Well it is at Happy Valley and JB didn’t have the best sportsmanship against one of PSU’s fan favorites. Not sure what was all said on the way out though. Looked like a lot of smack talk 

4 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Very vocal during and post Messenbrink match.  JB give them reason?  King of our sport deserve it?

King of our sport? Wtf does that even mean ? JB has had beef with DT, Bo , Starocci and others from penn state and he does some middle school shove to the back of MM head and PSU fans are supposed to cheer ? 3 weeks ago you were probably one of the people laughing and cheering on Ragusin comments about John Smith.. this whole JB can’t do wrong and everyone must respect and cheer him is so weird

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

King of our sport? Wtf does that even mean ? JB has had beef with DT, Bo , Starocci and others from penn state and he does some middle school shove to the back of MM head and PSU fans are supposed to cheer ? 3 weeks ago you were probably one of the people laughing and cheering on Ragusin comments about John Smith.. this whole JB can’t do wrong and everyone must respect and cheer him is so weird

Uh, what?  I’m consistently impressed by people’s ability to read and comprehend things that are not actually written.

No idea what Ragusin said.  And I can see where the PSU fans were coming from.  The constant delayed return to center.  The shoves near end.  

JB was kind of asking for it. nothing wrong on his part; I would've been dragging my feet on every whistle if I was 15 years older than my opponent as well, but that's not the type of move that'll get the crowd on your side.

I feel like folks are trying to make this a "penn state disrespects JB" thing whereas I see it more as a "crowd boos guy who's obviously taking his sweet time" game. would've happened if it wasn't penn state and would've happened if it wasn't JB.

• Brain 2
  • Fire 1

Sorry but it looked like MM was trying to bully JB and get into his head, and then drove low into JB's legs when they were already out of bounds (which can result in an injury). If that's the case then JB was 100% right to show MM what he thought of that.

• Bob 4
  • Fire 4

Just now, Dark Energy said:

@oldschool- you here?  This is a Penn State crowd.  They are pulling for MM big time.  They were the ones booing.  Those not Penn state fans around me were observing the events or favoring JB.

nope; watching online. can't argue w/ the in-person perspective 🙂 just giving my perspective from the couch 

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

King of our sport? Wtf does that even mean ? JB has had beef with DT, Bo , Starocci and others from penn state 

It's not beef if it's one-sided. NLWC had to buy the only guy to beat JB with a lifetime supply of perineum tanning lotion and red sunglasses.

But in all seriousness, MM didn't back down and acted like a punk once again. He's quickly turning into Johnny Hendricks with his consistent in-match antics. It's not a good look when you run into someone who can take your punch and dish it back out.

i am an idiot on the internet

It's not beef if it's one-sided. NLWC had to buy the only guy to beat JB with a lifetime supply of perineum tanning lotion and red sunglasses.
But in all seriousness, MM didn't back down and acted like a punk once again. He's quickly turning into Johnny Hendricks with his consistent in-match antics. It's not a good look when you run into someone who can take your punch and dish it back out.

A thread about JB with the word punch used to describe the action on the mat.

Ironic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

A thread about JB with the word punch used to describe the action on the mat.

Ironic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm agnostic don't come at me with that Baschamania drooling down your chin

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

I'm agnostic don't come at me with that Baschamania drooling down your chin

Yet more irony:

I stopped listening to Basch when he kept interjecting his relationship with JB into the show. It's tiresome. We get it, you work for some people. Cool.

45 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

If they just booed that head push that’s fine, but to actually boo JB is classless and shows you aren’t a fun of USA wrestling. 

They booed JB's actions not JB generally.  When he delayed returning to center, he got booed.  When he wouldn't slap MM's outstretched hand, he got booed.  When he whacked MM on the back of the head, he got booed.  When he kept jawing after they returned to the center and wouldn't resume wrestling, he got booed.  When he shoved MM a second time after MM went to shove JB's coaches' hands, he got booed.

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Messenbrink was acting all Desanto in that match. Several times he was a little extra.  Shove was not unwarranted. 

eh. Early on in the match, the two had a dust up and MM wanted to slap hands and put it behind them. JB refused.

24 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Messenbrink was acting all Desanto in that match. Several times he was a little extra.  Shove was not unwarranted. 

The only thing Messenbrink and Desanto have is common is their high energy gas tank. Desanto was out to physically hurt you and disrespect you. Messenbrink is trying to out slick you. There very different.

1 hour ago, AnklePicker said:

My thought too, couldn’t blame Burroughs for losing his temper a bit. The head clubs from Mesenbrink combined with the after whistle activity pissed JB off. 

• Bob 2
  • Fire 2

PNWfan