2024 OTT Day 1 Session 2 thread

Glad to see JB and Bo shake hands after the match …also random celebration from Nolf I can’t remember seeing him show that much emotion ..hopefully JB makes a run 79kg and takes his ugly ass shoes off after a world medal match 

Just now, wrestle87 said:

Wow...um...I hate to ask this question...did we just see the last of the best wrestler since John Smith?

Probably, and unfortunately he goes out getting booed with douchebags talking shit to him as he walks off. Classy 

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, pokemonster said:

I don't understand how they hit people with a passivity in the first period no problem, then they allow the second dude to run for the final two minutes with not even a warning. 

I agree. Passivity doesn’t make much sense in matches like that. Nolf did absolutely nothing for 2 minutes and Burroughs was chasing him all over the mat and he does not get hit. 

• Bob 2

3 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

Wow...um...I hate to ask this question...did we just see the last of the best wrestler since John Smith?

Dake dismissed him from 74kg, then when he attempts to get it back Nolf says no. 

He still has 79.

Edited by Pinnacle

Did I see Nolf get pushed out twice with no calls in addition to no calls when not engaging in the second period? Huh? It was a good match by Nolf but a head-scratcher on some no-calls.

• Bob 4

3 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

I don't understand how they hit people with a passivity in the first period no problem, then they allow the second dude to run for the final two minutes with not even a warning. 

'Merica rules

I agree. Passivity doesn’t make much sense in matches like that. Nolf did absolutely nothing for 2 minutes and Burroughs was chasing him all over the mat and he does not get hit. 

JB could have helped his own case by attempting more than a push out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, RegularStalling said:

What a bummer. The GOAT shouldn’t ever be booed off the mat.

He’s been going back and forth with Penn state guys for years what do you expect lol if he took his shoes off he would’ve received a standing ovation but he didn’t so he got booed 

1 minute ago, AZ_wrestling said:

No. Taylor wrestles tomorrow. 

Lol, nice, but allow me to completely change tacks in one thread.  Taylor would have to rock through 2028 for him to be in the same conversation as JB.  Only person in that ballpark right now is snyder.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1