2024 OTT Day 1 Session 2 thread

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You are not being fair if you are implying that Burroughs was working for the takedown and the only thing preventing it was Nolf running backward. The only thing Burroughs was working for was the pushout. He was straight armed on Nolf's collar bone for much of the third period. He never tried to penetrate, he only tried to push.

The person not being fair was the mat referee. How do you shoot on somebody constantly backing up and running side to side and doing everything not to engage? Your response presumes that Nolf presented himself, which he absolutely did not. 

Now, since I have no dog in this argument, I'm out. Cheers! 

• Bob 1

3 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

No. This is a bad take I've now seen multiple times on this board. The ref blew the action dead. Then, Nolf jumped over. Let me stress this again:

1. REF BLOWS WHISTLE.

2. NOLF JUMPS OVER BURROUGHS. 

Yet, that same referee, after making those two awful calls that favored Nolf in the first period, then let Nolf run for two minutes in the second period even while the mat judge was calling for a Caution and One, and the other judge was calling for the match to be stopped. 

Very stinky. 

All of these things being true, JB still didn't make a single offensive attempt the entire match.. level changing is not an offensive attempt. The better wrestler won. Get over it!

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Zillmer with a ridiculous scramble to come up 3-1 and now up 5-1 on a bad move.

That was so brutal for gwiz.  He decided he was good just standing there and trying to take that kind of win...when he clearly had the speed and horsepower to mix it up enough to get points on the board.  Play that game and I guess sometimes the fates line up against you.  They both only put ~10% on the mat in that match.

1 minute ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

The person not being fair was the mat referee. How do you shoot on somebody constantly backing up and running side to side and doing everything not to engage? Your response presumes that Nolf presented himself, which he absolutely did not. 

Nolf had all the offense tonite. The excuses are just that.

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Pittsburgh is 100x different then Philly , Philly is the armpit of PA ,and the rest in between makes for a scenic drive lol with the current usa wrestling powerhouse in right in the middle 

Philly is part of the influential zone that runs from Boston to DC, while Pittsburgh is a big city in Appalachia.

Just now, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

I am not out yet. Nolf presented himself, which is how Burroughs was able to get to his stiff arm shove. The side to side only happened at the edge, as it always does, and as it should, to avoid the push out. Burroughs strategy was just faulty.

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

Pittsburgh is 100x different then Philly , Philly is the armpit of PA ,and the rest in between makes for a scenic drive lol with the current usa wrestling powerhouse in right in the middle 

If Philly is the armpit what does that make Pittsburgh?  The butthole?

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 minute ago, Pinnacle said:

Nolf had all the offense tonite. The excuses are just that.

Passivity is based on who is controlling the center of the mat. JB had Nolf backpedaling and never got a call. It should've been called. That is what everyone is saying. 

Just now, wrestle87 said:

I'm paranoid about missing part of the broadcast now...are they saving the 86kg match to be the final full screen match of the night?

Same... I have screens pulled up on all my devices just in case. 

Two great things I saw that probably were not on camera:

1. Loads of wrestlers stopping at the mouth of the tunnel to sign autographs for little kids. Made their night.

2. Zain Retherford embracing Nick Lee after their semis and slapping hands as they ran off together.

Worst thing I saw tonight. Still wrestling at 10:30 when they only used 3 mats. USAW has some real logistics issues.

27 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Sad to see JB go out on a poorly officiated match. Can’t blame Nolf. He did what they let him and wrestled s great match. JB is still right there with these guys. 

JB did not have a whole lot of his own offense all day. He was trying to win on veteran moxy, which got him to the finals. He didn't exactly light up Facundo and Messenbrink, both of whom would probably be very challenging in a rematch. 

Father time always wins.

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

How do we have 4 empty mats and the session is not done? Madness.

I can tell you how and it's what everyone is doing:

4 minutes ago, pawrestler said:

Idk but if it’s not asap my wife is gonna kill me. Apparently we have to listen to Taylor swifts new album 🤔

i am an idiot on the internet