2024 OTT Day 1 Session 2 thread

10 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Crazy , if he wins this summer he’s a 2x Olympic gold , 3x world champ, one world silver in 6 trips ,all while beating an all timer top 3ish guy in the world in the finals every year and absolutely crushed everyone else he’s wrestled in that time period ,home and abroad, he’s absolutely in the conversation because he might be the best wrestler in the world right now at any weight 

Ehhhh JB wrestled him at a significant weight disadvantage and DT only squeaked out a criteria win on him. Can't ignore that JB has owned him and Dake. 

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

What wrestle87 posted is the correct take.  People get passionate and see what they want to see based on who they want to win.  Collar tie, push, & shove isn't going to get your opponent put on the clock

How do you folks think you can take a shot when your opponent is constantly running backwards and to the side? I love seeing the fanatics, as I am one, and that makes it fun to argue. The Announcer said after the match that the mat judge was screaming for a caution and one, and that the other judge yelled to have the match stopped. 

Why would they do that? 

Because the mat ref let Nolf back-pedal, run to the side and hide for about two minutes. It was grievous and blatant. Burroughs needed to sit in a blind and hit Nolf with a shotgun like he was a quail. And for the record, I hate Burroughs for beating Poeta in the NCAA finals. I do believe in fairness, though. 

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, wrestle87 said:

For real.  He used to be the gatekeeper (kinda), but he got taken apart.  Now, granted he may have been entirely laser focused on Cox then snyder, but that's a heck of a whooping for just a mental lapse. 

He has been more than gatekeeper, he has been the consistent #2 pretty much every year, even in college. And since junior year he has run into beasts like Nickal, covid, Cox, Snyder. That's a heckuva mountain to climb.

• Haha 1

i am an idiot on the internet

Also PA just said

"Zillmer was a two-time Fargo champion....

At 84 and 91 pounds...

A long... long... LONG time ago"

That's some good stuff lol

1 minute ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

How do you folks think you can take a shot when your opponent is constantly running backwards and to the side? I love seeing the fanatics, as I am one, and that makes it fun to argue. The Announcer said after the match that the mat judge was screaming for a caution and one, and that the other judge yelled to have the match stopped. 

Why would they do that? 

Because the mat ref let Nolf back-pedal, run to the side and hide for about two minutes. It was grievous and blatant. Burroughs needed to sit in a blind and hit Nolf with a shotgun like he was a quail. And for the record, I hate Burroughs for beating Poeta in the NCAA finals. I do believe in fairness, though. 

You are not being fair if you are implying that Burroughs was working for the takedown and the only thing preventing it was Nolf running backward. The only thing Burroughs was working for was the pushout. He was straight armed on Nolf's collar bone for much of the third period. He never tried to penetrate, he only tried to push.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Just a bad product. Criteria is garbage. Just have OT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folkstyle OT is garbage as well. Started out OK and has degraded were big matches are won by a few seconds riding time advantage after 10 minutes of wrestling

21 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Typical classless PA fans.  Also booed Santa and cheered Michael Irvin's temporary paralysis.

Don’t group Philly in with the rest of PA , it’s a different world outside city limits 

5 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

Nolf won and was the better wrestler today.  Active; strategic; took all of the shots, and could have easily gotten the two on the spin around on the edge, which they denied on the review.   Borroughs did a whole lot of nothing.   He's a legendary wrestler but his time is up.   Maybe he will try 79KG for the non-Olympic weights in the fall, but I kind of doubt it.

JB elevated American wrestling but at his back time's winged chariot has been hurrying near.

No. This is a bad take I've now seen multiple times on this board. The ref blew the action dead. Then, Nolf jumped over. Let me stress this again:

1. REF BLOWS WHISTLE.

2. NOLF JUMPS OVER BURROUGHS. 

Yet, that same referee, after making those two awful calls that favored Nolf in the first period, then let Nolf run for two minutes in the second period even while the mat judge was calling for a Caution and One, and the other judge was calling for the match to be stopped. 

Very stinky. 

3 minutes ago, Jim L said:

Folkstyle OT is garbage as well. Started out OK and has degraded were big matches are won by a few seconds riding time advantage after 10 minutes of wrestling

Folkstyle is a mess.

Edited by peanut

5 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Ehhhh JB wrestled him at a significant weight disadvantage and DT only squeaked out a criteria win on him. Can't ignore that JB has owned him and Dake. 

Not saying it’s clear cut but 2 Olympic golds in 2 attempts over Yazdani plus 3 world titles over yazdani and one runner up with the level of dominance he’s had against everyone else puts him in the conversation..has to be one of the most stretches an American wrestler has ever had 

7 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Why would they do that? 

The caution came in about 25 seconds.  Doesn't change the match.  Nolf was the agressor throughout the match and until about 30 or so seconds he engaged with Burroughs who would do nothing more that collar tie and push.  Go rewatch the match.

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

PIttsburgh and Philly and what in between?

Pittsburgh is 100x different then Philly , Philly is the armpit of PA ,and the rest in between makes for a scenic drive lol with the current usa wrestling powerhouse in right in the middle 

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Not saying it’s clear cut but 2 Olympic golds in 2 attempts over Yazdani plus 3 world titles over yazdani and one runner up with the level of dominance he’s had against everyone else puts him in the conversation..has to be one of the most stretches an American wrestler has ever had 

And Yaz won Olympic gold going thru a bracket that included Burroughs.

Heavyweight U owns Gwiz. But Parris is probably going to manhandle Zillmer. Styles make matchups.

But pretty sure USAW gave Steveson a money in the bank and he's going to cash in with some backflips tomorrow night

No. This is a bad take I've now seen multiple times on this board. The ref blew the action dead. Then, Nolf jumped over. Let me stress this again:

1. REF BLOWS WHISTLE.

Yet, that same referee, after making those two awful calls that favored Nolf in the first period, then let Nolf run for two minutes in the second period even while the mat judge was calling for a Caution and One, and the other judge was calling for the match to be stopped. 

Very stinky. 

JB didn't take Nolf down, and Nolf took JB down. Nolf was better tonight, so the right person won.

1. REF BLOWS WHISTLE.

Very stinky. 

This is...dare I say...the worst take about this match on this board...