• Facundo
    • Jacques
    • Berger
    • Carr
    • Starocci
    • Shapiro
    • Haines

2 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Hopefully Dake will be focused. He'd have until Wed morning to request a delay, if he wants it, but no idea if family emergencies are given the same consideration by USAW as medical or illness. 

what happened?

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

3 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

ah that sucks, believe his dad was an All American, I was also told he was a carpenter...don't know that guy or anything but AA and carpenter sounds like a pretty cool dude.

• Bob 1

34 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

ah that sucks, believe his dad was an All American, I was also told he was a carpenter...don't know that guy or anything but AA and carpenter sounds like a pretty cool dude.

Now we'll have the Penn State guys coming on to tell us about another Carpenter myth.

• Bob 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Can't believe anyone would bet their lives on anyone but Dake.

His dad just died.

His head might just not be in it.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

His dad just died.

His head might just not be in it.

its possible but far from certain.

I don't think he should get any sort of postponement, and I really doubt he would take one if offered. whoever makes it out of that bracket is going to have to beat at least two in shape, tough as hell, smart as hell honey badgers. He's sitting on a huge advantage.

3 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

Now we'll have the Penn State guys coming on to tell us about another Carpenter myth.

i'm gonna make a meme of brooks pointing to a piece of furniture saying, "yeah but Jesus could have built better."

Dake is my head pick but Burroughs is my heart pick. I voted for Burroughs lol. I was feeling a little better about it after the brackets came out, but then a little worse after O’toole dropped out. I don’t really like the matchup with Haines right off the scale. Haines is coming up from 157 so he will be fully energized and could be dangerous. Hopefully Burroughs is just that much better still. 

Gotta pick Dake, even if he didn’t look to be in top form at last years World’s (still got silver). I think a lot of people on here forget how big of an advantage it is to sit out until the best of three series while everyone else is having to duke it out in the challenge tournament. 

PNWfan

1 hour ago, PNWfan said:

Gotta pick Dake, even if he didn’t look to be in top form at last years World’s (still got silver). I think a lot of people on here forget how big of an advantage it is to sit out until the best of three series while everyone else is having to duke it out in the challenge tournament. 

Oh we all know it's an advantage. Dake whined about it for years (after he would annually lose to Burroughs at the US Open)

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

22 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Oh we all know it's an advantage. Dake whined about it for years (after he would annually lose to Burroughs at the US Open)

I might need to watch the Burroughs / Dake FRL where they go out (and Dake whines about the sitting out process) in anticipation for this event. Seems all the young guns are dropping out so chances of one of them getting taken out unexpectedly is more and more slim. 

Kyle seemed to be very close with his dad.  His dad dying recently is a big big deal.  I feel for Kyle as a person.  No idea how this will impact him.  Perhaps negatively for obvious reasons.  Perhaps it could help .. you hear stories of people doing their best to pay tribute to a lost loved one.  Who knows though.

I’m not one to gamble, and I don’t have a whole lot of money. But I took out everything I could today and put it on a guy who is criminally underrated. The problem most of you guys have is you don’t realize just how much the NCAAs matters when it comes to freestyle. There’s a skill set in folkstyle that gives such a huge advantage, and it only atrophies with time. We blame so much on age, but really, it’s just our guys moving further away from folkstyle. So you take somebody who just a short time ago runs through one of the toughest fields in history, and you don’t see how it’s obvious he’s going to win? It’s all or nothing for me, but I’ve never felt more comfortable on a pick than I am now. David Carr is about to make me a (relatively) wealthy man. He beat two age level gold medalists back to back, and he’s going to keep on rolling. 

• Potato 1

1 hour ago, JuanMogen said:

I’m not one to gamble, and I don’t have a whole lot of money. But I took out everything I could today and put it on a guy who is criminally underrated. The problem most of you guys have is you don’t realize just how much the NCAAs matters when it comes to freestyle. There’s a skill set in folkstyle that gives such a huge advantage, and it only atrophies with time. We blame so much on age, but really, it’s just our guys moving further away from folkstyle. So you take somebody who just a short time ago runs through one of the toughest fields in history, and you don’t see how it’s obvious he’s going to win? It’s all or nothing for me, but I’ve never felt more comfortable on a pick than I am now. David Carr is about to make me a (relatively) wealthy man. He beat two age level gold medalists back to back, and he’s going to keep on rolling. 

Ok.  I bet you.  Done.  FYI Carr dropped out.  

• Bob 1

14 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I couldn't help it.  I voted for Mesenbrink 

You could have helped it like the refs tried to help Missilebrick against Carr but you also failed to get the job done

Just now, bnwtwg said:

You could have helped it like the refs tried to help Missilebrick against Carr but you also failed to get the job done

I knew he was a good wrestler.  I didn't know he couldn't count.  Next time Cael will count for him and yell to him what the score is.  

Just now, bnwtwg said:

The kid was up against the toughest booger in all of NCAA wrestling, and you think the refs were the problem? 

Just now, JuanMogen said:

The kid was up against the toughest booger in all of NCAA wrestling, and you think the refs were the problem? 

No I think all the stall calls to let him back in the match were the problem