John Smith retires

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

So you’re saying it’s gonna be Coleman?

Did you watch the Fix finals?  Coleman was dressed like a new head coach, John was dressed like a guy heading out to go fishing.  Yes!

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Does OK state have more procedures than Cornell?  Looks like it took them about a day to promote Grey when Koll left

Very likely yes.  The OK State head coach will be a public employee, very different from being on staff at a private school (yes I know cornell has certain programs which are considered part of the state school system).

• Bob 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Does OK state have more procedures than Cornell?  Looks like it took them about a day to promote Grey when Koll left

I imagine being a fully fledged state school, funded with taxes, there are additional layers or regulatory hoops to jump through

Edited by flyingcement
  • Bob 1

8 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I imagine being a fully fledged state school, funded with taxes, there are additional layers or regulatory hoops to jump through

Is that you Jimmy?  You are sounding far too reasonable.  

• Ban Basketball 1

10 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Well look at last year with Scott’s replacement at state school UNC, only took them 2 weeks.   But I know that was closer to the start of the season.

5 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Well look at last year with Scott’s replacement at state school UNC, only took them 2 weeks.   But I know that was closer to the start of the season.

You must know something and you're just out here chumming the water...:classic_ninja:

3 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

You must know something and you're just out here chumming the water...:classic_ninja:

Maybe he thinks they are holding out for JB & DT as co-head coaches?  🤔

8 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

No, but maybe Pop isn’t out of the question?

I'm sure they already talked to Pop and the others when deciding what course to take.

Sounds like Pyle on FRL is thinking along the same lines as me (not Pop specifically, but the fact that Scott hasn’t been officially named may mean they continue to explore other options).

Just now, ionel said:

Very likely.  

Yes.  Lots of success over Coleman Scott for one thing.  Also: Tremendous program builder and  developer of talent. Tons of job security.   Why go to Stillwater, which has much tougher competition in Big 12, worse location (sorry; I really like the triangle), to a school that has a history of firing a reigning coach of the year for taking 2nd in NCAA? 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Yes.  Lots of success over Coleman Scott for one thing.  Also: Tremendous program builder and  developer of talent. Tons of job security.   Why go to Stillwater, which has much tougher competition in Big 12, worse location (sorry; I really like the triangle), to a school that has a history of firing a reigning coach of the year for taking 2nd in NCAA

really? Seay it ain't so

Edited by gromit
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ionel said:

I'm sure they already talked to Pop and the others when deciding what course to take.

Are you referring to last year?  It’s not like Pop was going to take the Associate HC job.

17 minutes ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

Do we think they interviewed more or less the 3 guys as of right now.

I bet Espo is beating himself up right now.

Was it his choice to leave?

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Are you referring to last year?  It’s not like Pop was going to take the Associate HC job.

This was all thought out and planned, it started last year.