Governor Landry suggests pulling scholarships for athletes who skip National Anthem.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Voting Election 2020 GIF by Joe Biden

I am not replying to you but to some of the other posters on here. That particular mask blocks particles 3 micron and larger. They are useless against Covid. The Covid 19 virus is .07 microns. The N95 mask which no one gave us to wear blocks particles .3 microns and larger. Better but still not very effective. Remember the covid 19 is .07 microns. the hair on your head is 70 microns in diameter to give you an idea how small the covid 19 is. Then you have all the gaps around the mask because it is a poor fit on your face. But if makes you feel better to wear a mask ,wear it.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word
  • Bob 3
  • Brain 1
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paul158 said:

I am not replying to you but to some of the other posters on here. That particular mask blocks particles 3 micron and larger. They are useless against Covid. The Covid 19 virus is .07 microns. The N95 mask which no one gave us to wear blocks particles .3 microns and larger. Better but still not very effective. Remember the covid 19 is .07 microns. the hair on your head is 70 microns in diameter to give you an idea how small the covid 19 is. Then you have all the gaps around the mask because it is a poor fit on your face. But if makes you feel better to wear a mask ,wear it.

My favorites are the ones with them on in the car by themselves.  Clowns. 

16 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

I'll type slowly...show us where wearing a thin easy mask helped each other out during Covid.  Me not wearing a mask in the grocery store as I did my shopping and walked by many elderly people who were wearing a mask did not put them at any more risk than they were willing to take.

I replied specifically to a post from jross.

Injecting yourself into our conversation is strange. What's you're deal?

• Fire 1

I'll type slowly...show us where wearing a thin easy mask helped each other out during Covid.  Me not wearing a mask in the grocery store as I did my shopping and walked by many elderly people who were wearing a mask did not put them at any more risk than they were willing to take.

...but as long as you've budged into the discussion...

YES, by you not wearing a mask as you walked by elderly people 100% put them at more risk if you had Covid.

Let's read slowly together to make sure it sinks in:

1. Masks are NOT 100% effective - NONE of them.
  2. YET, every hospital uses masks by the boatload every day everywhere to protect procedures. They simply work.
  3. The "idea" that masks "don't work" is genuinely idiotic (this is where the misguided dimwits like to dwell.)
  4. Masks effectiveness against Covid are roughly 50-90% depending on the mask. Less if it's an old sock
  5. 50-90% effectiveness is always better than zero. Always.

I choose not to relive the Covid days. Nor to claim any win or failure in that time period.

Maybe we just let it go.

• Brain 1
  • Clown 1

Anyone that thinks masks worked for Covid needs a swift kick in the ass and should be forced to wear a sheep’s costume in addition to the mask. 

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Bob 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clown 2

1 hour ago, JimmyBT said:

Anyone that thinks masks worked for Covid needs a swift kick in the ass and should be forced to wear a sheep’s costume in addition to the mask. 

But but but TPT doesn’t like the clown emoji.  Bahahhahahahahahahahhahah 

• Bob 1
  • Clown 1

7 hours ago, RockLobster said:

...but as long as you've budged into the discussion...

YES, by you not wearing a mask as you walked by elderly people 100% put them at more risk if you had Covid.

Let's read slowly together to make sure it sinks in:

1. Masks are NOT 100% effective - NONE of them.
  2. YET, every hospital uses masks by the boatload every day everywhere to protect procedures. They simply work.
  3. The "idea" that masks "don't work" is genuinely idiotic (this is where the misguided dimwits like to dwell.)
  4. Masks effectiveness against Covid are roughly 50-90% depending on the mask. Less if it's an old sock
  5. 50-90% effectiveness is always better than zero. Always.

I choose not to relive the Covid days. Nor to claim any win or failure in that time period.

Maybe we just let it go.

LOL...hey Dumb Dumb....YOU brought up Covid in this thread!!

• Bob 1

On 4/16/2024 at 1:00 AM, RockLobster said:

You are twisting my words and that simply makes you an awful poster who should not be trusted.

My earlier discussion contribution was:

"Anyone whining about wearing a thin easy mask to help each other out needs a swift kick in the ass."

One of these things is very much not like the other. And I'm certain you know better, but behave poorly anyway.

You are truly awful.

Underlining those words does not have the impact you think it does.

Am I a dog that needs to be put down awful?  

This is so easy to fact check. Maybe you should talk less and think more.

YOU actually brought up Covid in this thread 

On 4/16/2024 at 7:43 AM, Bigbrog said:

Edited by RockLobster
  • Clown 1

17 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I missed those days where everyone was an expert virologist.  I'm glad they're back even if only temporarily.

It was easy to see what was necessary to avoid an airborne virus when we saw the suits worn by the level 4 lab techs and learned that a decontamination process was required to remove them. 

Edited by Offthemat

2 hours ago, Offthemat said:

It was easy to see what was necessary to avoid an airborne virus when we saw the suits worn by the level 4 lab techs and learned that a decontamination process was required to remove them. 

I'm just saying it's more entertaining than those weeks when everyone is an expert on the climate, or immigration weeks, basically out of all the times everyone is an expert on that week's hot topic, virology has been the most fun.  

4 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I'm just saying it's more entertaining than those weeks when everyone is an expert on the climate, or immigration weeks, basically out of all the times everyone is an expert on that week's hot topic, virology has been the most fun.  

I've never seen anyone on here claim to be an expert on climate, immigration, or virology...heck on anything.  Opinions and defending of those opinions don't equate to a claim of being an expert.  

• Bob 1

9 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

I've never seen anyone on here claim to be an expert on climate, immigration, or virology...heck on anything.  Opinions and defending of those opinions don't equate to a claim of being an expert.  

You are correct, no one has said "I am an expert"

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

You are correct, no one has said "I am an expert"

You sir ARE an expert smoker though.  Going to be in your state next week and bringing my brothers smoker over to our Airbnb...have brisket and pork belly burnt ends on the menu so far, along with teres majors and tenderloins (just grilled).  May do a pork butt.

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

You sir ARE an expert smoker though.  Going to be in your state next week and bringing my brothers smoker over to our Airbnb...have brisket and pork belly burnt ends on the menu so far, along with teres majors and tenderloins (just grilled).  May do a pork butt.

Sounds like a pretty nice couple days. Where in Florida?
 I haven’t done a day at the smoker in a few months. 

27 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Sounds like a pretty nice couple days. Where in Florida?
 I haven’t done a day at the smoker in a few months. 

Over by Pensacola...closer to Perdido Key 

On 4/17/2024 at 4:38 AM, JimmyBT said:

Don't forget to add the tinfoil head protection against space rays.  No collection of worthlessness is complete without that.

On 4/17/2024 at 11:05 PM, RockLobster said:
On 4/17/2024 at 7:03 AM, Bigbrog said:

I think I brought up the mask issue in this thread.  I mentioned that I sometimes doubt if we can answer "Yes" to the second question of the National Anthem.  I used the example of the worse than worthless masking mandates lending doubt that we are still the home of the brave and land of the free.

I am surprised that it went viral.

Edited by Lipdrag
  • Bob 1

On 4/20/2024 at 9:57 AM, Lipdrag said:

Don't forget to add the tinfoil head protection against space rays.  No collection of worthlessness is complete without that.

I think I brought up the mask issue in this thread.  I mentioned that I sometimes doubt if we can answer "Yes" to the second question of the National Anthem.  I used the example of the worse than worthless masking mandates lending doubt that we are still the home of the brave and land of the free.

I am surprised that it went viral.

Yeah...I stand corrected.  I guess I should have said you didn't bring up Covid as a topic of discussion but rather as a way of making a point to the topic being discussed and the rock lobster turned it into a topic about Covid.

On 4/21/2024 at 10:04 AM, Bigbrog said:

Yeah...I stand corrected.  I guess I should have said you didn't bring up Covid as a topic of discussion but rather as a way of making a point to the topic being discussed and the rock lobster turned it into a topic about Covid.

And you stand even more corrected, because you were the one who brought up Covid. 

One has to wonder why you argue when its SO EASY to see by scrolling through the thread.

Arguing against the obvious. You are an odd duck.