Transfer NCAA titleists

3 hours ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Here is an even rarer one, who already won a title and then transferred?

Chuck Jean won 2 titles for Iowa St then finished at Adams St in NAIA.

Steve Mocco won at Iowa the OK St

Seth Gross won a title at SDSU, then transfered to Wisconsin for his last year, but COVID wiped out his chance to repeat as champ.

Dan Cuestas won 2 titles at 126 for Cal-St Bakersfield in '81 and '82. There is a Dan Cuestas in 126 bracket in '79 for Cal-Poly SLO. I'm assuming same guy. 

4 hours ago, Jim L said:

Sam Henson I believe transferred from Missouri to Clemson

Not sure if you could call that a transfer.  Pretty sure he was kicked out of Mizzou and then enrolled at Clemson.

52 minutes ago, 11986 said:

Dan Cuestas won 2 titles at 126 for Cal-St Bakersfield in '81 and '82. There is a Dan Cuestas in 126 bracket in '79 for Cal-Poly SLO. I'm assuming same guy. 

Same guy according the the NWHOF

• Brain 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

3 minutes ago, Jim L said:

I think the OP was looking for transfers who won after they transferred

As any good thread does, this one has taken on a life of its own. Now we have lists in both directions. I am here for all of it.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

As any good thread does, this one has taken on a life of its own. Now we have lists in both directions. I am here for all of it.

Don't forget the lists that are neither but were close.  I also could list some that weren't even close.  🙂

57 minutes ago, Jim L said:

Where did Cuvo transfer fom?

Story in my vague recall - Cuvo was headed to NCSt to wrestle for another Easton PA guy Bob Guzzo. But he never stepped foot on campus, at some point changed his mind to wrestle closer to home. 

• Bob 1

6 hours ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Here is an even rarer one, who already won a title and then transferred?

Chuck Jean won 2 titles for Iowa St then finished at Adams St in NAIA.

Steve Mocco won at Iowa the OK St

Suriano

• Bob 1

5 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

Transferred from Lassen Community College.

He had to go to community college cause he couldn't get into Iowa, I wouldn't call that a "transfer." 

16 minutes ago, ionel said:

He had to go to community college cause he couldn't get into Iowa, I wouldn't call that a "transfer." 

I don't follow the logic.  Also, did you forget that he wrestled at LCC?  He used eligibility there and he didn't have to do that to get into Iowa. 

I understand the perspective some people have where if an individual never wrestled for the other school it's not considered a "transfer."  What rule would you be applying here?  If your application gets rejected from the school you want to attend, you can wrestle 1 season at a different school and it isn't a "transfer?"  

Edited by fishbane

8 minutes ago, fishbane said:

I don't follow the logic.  Also, did you forget that he wrestled at LCC?  He used eligibility there and he didn't have to do that to get into Iowa. 

No I didn't forget, that was his path to get into Iowa, he didn't have the grades. 

1 hour ago, ionel said:

No I didn't forget, that was his path to get into Iowa, he didn't have the grades. 

Did he graduate from Lassen? In that case I would not consider it a transfer