Will Ohio State Be Too Dog Next Year?

The thing about PSU is that everyone always thinks that "so and so's are graduating" so they'll be weaker.  But then they reload and it's the same talk all over again.

Bucks have a terrific young squad but they're not close to knocking off PSU anytime soon.  

• Bob 1

54 minutes ago, BIGTENFANBOY said:

Yes, i could see next year's team being even better than this year especially if they can convince Carter to return for a 5th.

and Shane at 149 is ready to go.

180 points 2024? 

53 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I thought that at first until I heard him talk about how Cael etc would have done it if they had the chance and he really didn’t seem to care about that.  I don’t think he’s back, unless maybe he hits the portal

well he's probably going to demand a raise, so thats effectively hitting the portal. As far as what he says, the guy claims he doesn't care about anything until he's quitting and throwing tantrums.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

5 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

well he's probably going to demand a raise, so thats effectively hitting the portal. As far as what he says, the guy claims he doesn't care about anything until he's quitting and throwing tantrums.

I don’t think PSU offers him much TBH, they don’t need him.   Michigan or Iowa though…

11 minutes ago, Rassling said:

and Shane at 149 is ready to go.

180 points 2024? 

and Kasak redshirts if BB stays or is at 141 if he moves on.

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I don’t think PSU offers him much TBH, they don’t need him.   Michigan or Iowa though…

I'd love that, for narrative reasons, but PSU has an interest in having a 5 time champ, and if they don't need the best guy in college I don't know what PSU is trying to do.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Cannon back and I’m sure they’ll be all over the portal like usual , they have to be because they really don’t develop a lot of talent ,they had one non transfer AA and he is a senior , Lewan and Amine the 3-1 OT brothers looked worse then ever and seemed to regress , Bullock is an slightly above average big 10 starter ,Lemley is the one prospect they have with real deal potential 

Been hearing about Cardenas to Michigan for months now , I was told by someone talking to foca people this weekend  he is considering Michigan but BigRedFan on here said foca gave an interview saying he’s staying at Cornell but only can wrestle 2nd semester, still interview and all wouldn’t shock me if they threw a bag at him and scooped him up 

Michigan has some really good young talent - they had a very good recruiting class last year that included Lemley who looked great starting at 141 as a true freshman - they have the older Mantanona looked promising at 165 and his younger brother might be ready to go at 157. They have a promising kid at 125 in Horwath and Ragusin is back for 1 more year.

12 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

Michigan has some really good young talent - they had a very good recruiting class last year that included Lemley who looked great starting at 141 as a true freshman - they have the older Mantanona looked promising at 165 and his younger brother might be ready to go at 157. They have a promising kid at 125 in Horwath and Ragusin is back for 1 more year.

Ragusin is back? I just spent most of the year listening to Tim Johnson say he’s a senior who gave up his redshirt for the team like x5 every Michigan dual 

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Ragusin is back? I just spent most of the year listening to Tim Johnson say he’s a senior who gave up his redshirt for the team like x5 every Michigan dual 

NCAA gave him another year for calling out OSU for whining like bitches. 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

With Penn State’s resources, what they have returning, and how aggressive they’ve been in the portal, they’re the favorite for the foreseeable future.

It’s fun to think about someone knocking them off but there are too many weaknesses in Ohio State’s lineup. Round of 12 wrestlers at 5/10 weights is not likely to get it done. 

Also, I won’t believe Starocci, Bartlett, and Kerkvliet are done until it’s logistically impossible for them to return. Whether or not you think Cael “needs” them, he’s not in the business of leaving things to chance.  RBY was also supposed to be done. Wonder what on earth could’ve ever convinced him to come back…

7 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie said:

With Penn State’s resources, what they have returning, and how aggressive they’ve been in the portal, they’re the favorite for the foreseeable future.

It’s fun to think about someone knocking them off but there are too many weaknesses in Ohio State’s lineup. Round of 12 wrestlers at 5/10 weights is not likely to get it done. 

Also, I won’t believe Starocci, Bartlett, and Kerkvliet are done until it’s logistically impossible for them to return. Whether or not you think Cael “needs” them, he’s not in the business of leaving things to chance.  RBY was also supposed to be done. Wonder what on earth could’ve ever convinced him to come back…

Rby could’ve came back again this year and didn’t , Cassar passed up years ..penn state isnt Iowa where guys wrestle til their limbs fall off 

• Haha 1

Just now, Paul158 said:

Nice video . thanks. 

I enjoyed all of it but seeing Sasso so healthy and hyped up made me happy for him, his family and of course the OSU team. Way to go Mr Mendez! 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

They seem to be the top threat.  Michigan loses half of their team (all grad transfers: Deaug, Cannon, Gomez, Griffith, Davison)

Cannon will get a medical and then have two years left.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

18 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Rby could’ve came back again this year and didn’t , Cassar passed up years ..penn state isnt Iowa where guys wrestle til their limbs fall off 

RBY qualfied for five NCAAs.  Hd couldn't come back.

Screenshot_20240324_135650_Chrome.jpg

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, silver-medal said:

The thing about PSU is that everyone always thinks that "so and so's are graduating" so they'll be weaker.  But then they reload and it's the same talk all over again.

Bucks have a terrific young squad but they're not close to knocking off PSU anytime soon.  

" 2026 in Cleveland " Should be a great tournament. The winner will need 145 to win. Who will it be? Penn St or Ohio State?

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Cannon back and I’m sure they’ll be all over the portal like usual , they have to be because they really don’t develop a lot of talent ,they had one non transfer AA and he is a senior , Lewan and Amine the 3-1 OT brothers looked worse then ever and seemed to regress , Bullock is an slightly above average big 10 starter ,Lemley is the one prospect they have with real deal potential 

Been hearing about Cardenas to Michigan for months now , I was told by someone talking to foca people this weekend  he is considering Michigan but BigRedFan on here said foca gave an interview saying he’s staying at Cornell but only can wrestle 2nd semester, still interview and all wouldn’t shock me if they threw a bag at him and scooped him up 

BRF also said that Arujau wouldn't be on a pitch count.  He is as blinded by bias as I am w/ Michigan things.

25 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

RBY wrestled as a true freshman and exhausted his eligibility. He made a big dramatic announcement his senior year about returning for a final season and wrestled a half ass schedule before lostng to Vito at NCAAs last year.

For the current PSU seniors with eligibility left, NIL $$$ might tip the scales in favor of them staying. I'm under the impression that they make some decent coin, likely more than they'd make if they left. Barlett was in national ad campaigns for Gatorade and had a deal with a restaurant chain; Starocci and Brooks had a deal with a Healthcare network. And son on.

Caitlin Clark has demonstrated the value of NIL sponsorships to companies and brands. She's making around $3mil (estimated) this season and may have opened the doors athletes outside of football & basketball to receive more or better likeness deals. If a wrestler could make just 2% of what she brings in, it would be well worth their while to extend eligibility.

Edited by CHROMEBIRD