Transfer Portal

Not sure anyone has said it yet, but I am 100% surprised that Ghadiali of Campbell did not enter the portal.

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

30 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Not sure anyone has said it yet, but I am 100% surprised that Ghadiali of Campbell did not enter the portal.

He's in a great place

• Fire 1

32 minutes ago, Santos said:

He's in a great place

I agree.  He has grown and developed in a way that not many (if any) thought he could.

I simply meant that I am sure he was approached and offered money on the side.

• Bob 1

22 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Richie Figs tweeted hinting that Parco and Schultz are sell-outs.  Schultz aunt fired back.

what was the tweet? he deleted it then tweeted something like "I wasn't talking out my teammates"

2 minutes ago, Warm Up Champ said:

Parco in pictures with Izzy over the weekend at a b-day party Izzy had for his son.  Real Woods also in the pics along with others.

Parco to Iowa?

Izzy? 

56 minutes ago, Warm Up Champ said:

Parco in pictures with Izzy Martinez over the weekend at a b-day party Izzy had for his son.  Real Woods also in the pics along with others.

Parco to Iowa?

Hopefully not. David Taylor could pull him in because he wasn't the coach than yet?!?

3 hours ago, Bardamu911 said:

what was the tweet? he deleted it then tweeted something like "I wasn't talking out my teammates"

After news broke that Schultz went into the portal he tweeted "sell outs." He left it there for a while. Then he deleted it and clarified with "I wasn't talking about my teammates."  It just shows that Richie is very concerned about other guys leaving their teams to the portal. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

7 hours ago, VakAttack said:

It's on the list, I promise, but the sports traveling is a more recent phenomenon for me, and this would likely be a solo trip for a 2 hour event, and Iowa hasn't had a real shot at being competitive since I started the sports trips.

I'm thinking you should circle ISU at Iowa or Okie St at Iowa the next time they come up. Either of those should get the crowd in a fired up mood.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

9 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Alright where’s the guy who said he’d bet his last paycheck on this not happening. As you can see, I’m a very poorwrestler and could use the cash.

10 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

c40f1c5728c753042196d3bbf08e26ab.jpg
Alright where’s the guy who said he’d bet his last paycheck on this not happening. As you can see, I’m a very poorwrestler and could use the cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The role they tried to give Spratley.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, poorwrestler said:

c40f1c5728c753042196d3bbf08e26ab.jpg

Jokes on you, I'm unemployed.

Good call though. I didn't see MN happening. 

Jokes on you, I'm unemployed.

Good call though. I didn't see MN happening. 

Haha just messing with you. I had heard they were on his short list from the beginning and his visit went really well. Was just a numbers game from there.

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, poorwrestler said:

Haha just messing with you. I had heard they were on his short list from the beginning and his visit went really well. Was just a numbers game from there.

I really expected Maryland because of his relationship with Elijah Oliver. 

I think this just solidity’s Tyler Wells redshirting next season. He just wrestled 65kg at U20. Morvari did pretty well last season, I assume Flynn is going 125

125-Cooper Flynn Jr

133-Brandon Morvari Fr

141-Vance Vombaur-Jr

149-Drew Roberts Jr

157-Tommy Askey Jr

165-Blaine Brenner Jr

174-Clayton Whiting So

184-Max McEnelly Fr

197-Isaiah Salazar Sr

Hwt-Bennett Tabor Jr

I think next year you bump Wells to 141 and Vombaur to 149. If Wells can make 133 again this will be a top 5 ranked dual team with all 10 qualifying and probably 5 AAs. In 2025-26 if we retain all our talent I think Hopke builds into a real AA contender as a Fr and Millard takes over 165 as a FR

6 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

I think this just solidity’s Tyler Wells redshirting next season. He just wrestled 65kg at U20. Morvari did pretty well last season, I assume Flynn is going 125

125-Cooper Flynn Jr

133-Brandon Morvari Fr

141-Vance Vombaur-Jr

149-Drew Roberts Jr

157-Tommy Askey Jr

165-Blaine Brenner Jr

174-Clayton Whiting So

184-Max McEnelly Fr

197-Isaiah Salazar Sr

Hwt-Bennett Tabor Jr

I think next year you bump Wells to 141 and Vombaur to 149. If Wells can make 133 again this will be a top 5 ranked dual team with all 10 qualifying and probably 5 AAs. In 2025-26 if we retain all our talent I think Hopke builds into a real AA contender as a Fr and Millard takes over 165 as a FR

So Super-Recruit Gavin Nelson rides pine here?

On 5/7/2024 at 7:42 AM, nhs67 said:

How does this look at Beaver Stadium?

125 - Spratley VS Lilledahl (Davis)
133 - Cannon (Hughes) VS Nagao (Davis)
141 - Jamison VS Bartlett (Evans)
149 - Alirez VS SVN (Kasak/Evans)
157 - Parco VS Sealey (SVN)
165 - Fish VS Mesenbrink
174 - Hamiti VS Facundo
184 - Plott VS Barr
197 - Carroll VS Starocci
285 - Pindrickson VS Kerkvliet
*BOLD INDICATES TRANSFER

Is it wild or recency bias that makes me believe that is an actual dual?  Does this make Coach Caelingharner keep Haines down at 157 and Starocci at 174 as a precautionary?

It would ultimately be up to Alirez on what weight he wants to go but I like Williams upside training with Alirez/Parco + being coached by Dt more than Tagens in this hypothetical lineup.

125-Cooper Flynn Jr
133-Brandon Morvari Fr
141-Vance Vombaur-Jr
149-Drew Roberts Jr
157-Tommy Askey Jr
165-Blaine Brenner Jr
174-Clayton Whiting So
184-Max McEnelly Fr
197-Isaiah Salazar Sr
Hwt-Bennett Tabor Jr

Morvari is tiny, Eisch at 133 in this scenario.

• Bob 1