Transfer Portal

Posted (edited)

I think back half is different than backside. Back half of line-up vs guys being in consolation bracket. or that's how I read CowboyYe2024's post anyway.

Edited by 11986

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Probably better suited for the OSU lineup thread and not the portal, but since we are here,  you have 3 finalists for PSU wrestling in the back half, who most likely won't be wrestling there. You have more guys for OK State who wrestle on the back half, who will score more on the backside because of sheer numbers. But when you have that many points scored by PSU on the front side, does it matter? 

Amine can win the 32/33 match and then wrestle the whole backside without sniffing a bonus point.

• Jagger 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

An immediate test of Taylor's ability to infuse his "just score points" philosophy into the hardest of clays.

Ha! Good point. Talk about a contrast in styles....

I’ve seen a couple ppl on the OK State board (where I can’t comment) saying amine has never lost to fish. So I feel like I should throw it out there: fish won their most recent match on January 14 this season.

Obviously Amine owns him in the all time series (4-1) and is the favorite to win the spot. But given their styles and previous coaching staffs I kinda feel like fish has more room to improve under DT and company? I’m fascinated to see how it plays out.  

• Bob 1

50 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

How in the world does this work.  Maybe Caleb Fish to 157?

32 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

WS is showing Fish taking Redshirt next year.

That makes sense. Fish needs to jump a level to be a true contender so might as well take a year and train.

• Bob 1

56 minutes ago, meZYNbrink said:

I know there are some redshirts to go around for the 165-174 range, but is there any truth to Amine going 57 this year?

Amine is a good sized 165. I cannot see him down at 157. Likely we see Fish redshirt.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, HokieDave87 said:

On an unrelated note what's Bearclaw up to these days?

Bearclaw is a type of Danish.  California has the most Danes among all US States.  So most likely Cal Baptist, Cal Poly, Stanford, or Bakersfield.  Bakersfield seems more appropriate for a pastry

Although his home state of Utah has most Danes per capita, so perhaps Utah Valley?

Edited by flyingcement
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Bearclaw is a type of Danish.  California has the most Danes among all US States.  So most likely Cal Baptist, Cal Poly, Stanford, or Bakersfield

Per google the two cities with the most Danes are Chicago and Racine Wisconsin. Looks like a Northwestern vs. Wisco battle. I bet Cal Poly gets a visit though

• Bob 1

7 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Bearclaw is a type of Danish.  California has the most Danes among all US States.  So most likely Cal Baptist, Cal Poly, Stanford, or Bakersfield.  Bakersfield seems more appropriate for a pastry

Although his home state of Utah has most Danes per capita, so perhaps Utah Valley?

shirely not related to the cinnabon  

• Ionel 1

52 minutes ago, HokieDave87 said:

On an unrelated note what's Bearclaw up to these days?

Did he ever visit VT? I think he’s a biomed engineering major and VT has a masters option. 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1
  • Clown 1

Did he ever visit VT? I think he’s a biomed engineering major and VT has a masters option. 

I pointed this out a while ago. When I was in grad school at VT, a friend got his PhD in Biomedical Engineering. MS before that. He loved the program at VT.

Great program at a great school, and VT does pretty well on the mat, too. Blacksburg is a pretty similar town to State College, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, creek chub said:

Not to my knowledge but he could have. People talked about his major for a few days and kind of moved on. Amine was trying to stay low key but that was a terribly kept secret. Hopefully TB did the same thing was just better about the low key part

• Fire 1