All American after first round loss?

can you think of any examples of a guy earning All American status after a first round loss? Taking an L and then winning at least 5 the hard way in the consolation bracket? I can't think of any but there has to be at least a few examples? 

John Lange, 7 seed for Penn State in 1998.  Lost in the first round to David Wells of Cal Poly 15-5.  Wins 7 (!) straight on the back-side to take 3rd.  In the consolation semi-finals he pinned David Wells.

2 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

Well, this was a fun thread. What’s next? 

The Senior Trinity.  Brooks, Star, & Traux are all going for their fourth.  Doesn't count if Traux places 3rd, 5th, or 6th

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

2 hours ago, Bardamu911 said:

can you think of any examples of a guy earning All American status after a first round loss? Taking an L and then winning at least 5 the hard way in the consolation bracket? I can't think of any but there has to be at least a few examples? 

Zach Epperly did the road warrior his junior year lost 1st round and came back for 3rd, Emery Parker from Illinois lost first round and came back for 4th , Nick lee was 8 seed and got decked in a minute from a kid from Maryland then came back for 5th (including a huge win over Jack for 5th) I don’t think penn state wins the team title if lee doesn’t come back and AA and quite a few people did it this year most notably by Quinn Kinner who wouldn’t have even made the tournament If he didn’t win his conference , lost to 4 non qualifers and 2 wild card guys including the 33 seed and had Willie hating on him for getting the 11 seed and lost 8-0 to the 22 seed from Wyoming Thursday night before he just switched up and hit another gear yesterday 

Just now, Offthemat said:

Wasn’t he first an alternate?

Yes he was scheduled to have his torn acl repaired and Smith called him the day of the surgery to tell him he was in , he had to drop like 15 pounds in a day and half  

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Zach Epperly did the road warrior his junior year lost 1st round and came back for 3rd, Emery Parker from Illinois lost first round and came back for 4th , Nick lee was 8 seed and got decked in a minute from a kid from Maryland then came back for 5th (including a huge win over Jack for 5th) I don’t think penn state wins the team title if lee doesn’t come back and AA and quite a few people did it this year most notably by Quinn Kinner who wouldn’t have even made the tournament If he didn’t win his conference , lost to 4 non qualifers and 2 wild card guys including the 33 seed and had Willie hating on him for getting the 11 seed and lost 8-0 to the 22 seed from Wyoming Thursday night before he just switched up and hit another gear yesterday 

Correct, they won by 8, Lee scored 11.5.

But, for some reason Bo "HE'S GOT THE CHIN" Nickal gets all the headlines. Go figure.