2024 NCAA Wrestling Championships - Session 1

nhs67

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

Lots of talk about Braeden Davis' hand.  I wasn't watching it, and there wasn't anything super evident in the clips I've seen.  Why are people freaking out about it?

I re watched it. He had some sort of injury to fingers, thumb or left hand. Not sure how serious, but something happened at the end of period 1. 

10 minutes ago, HarryConnickJr said:

83% would you say?

I think Mark Hall was a fan of How I Met Your Mother. At some point in season 1 or 2 someone asks Barney why whenever he is asked about the likelihood of something he always says 83%. I have not checked that timeline vs Hall's quote.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 hours ago, SocraTease said:

5 out of the 8 PSU guys who won got tech falls.   What are you talking about?

Watched and they seemed content in not going for a pin. Nagao & the next guy... almost a joke on he mat considering the opponents.

If Starocci wrestles like the first match he will end it as a 3 timer.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

3 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

Watched and they seemed content in not going for a pin. Nagao & the next guy... almost a joke on he mat considering the opponents.

If Starocci wrestles like the first match he will end it as a 3 timer.

Schtick

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

I would love to see a new rule next year:   a three second count when wrestling from a knee or both knees and then a stalling call.   Wrestling from the knees is itself essentially stalling.  Rarely is it ever justified.