The fall of Penn state

On 3/16/2024 at 6:38 AM, jajensen09 said:

Seeing Spencer go down Live, shows us anything can happen. Penn state isn't invincible 

As we speak Cael has the team in the basement instructing all of them to tell their relatives who may attend "Do NOT wear eye glasses at the tournament".

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

On 3/14/2024 at 9:27 AM, BloodRound said:

As long as it's what God intended for them, then I am ok with this.

If you actually thing "god intended" - does this hold true for rape victims, starving kids and the like?

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

On 3/14/2024 at 11:30 AM, BigRedFan said:

Is this the Ramirez who beat defending champ Griffith, beat finalist Monday twice, and beat former champion Carr?

Griffith and Monday wrestle at very slow disciplined pace. Messinbrink wrestles at extremely fast high energy pace. You must a very large gas tank and a reserve tank to wrestle Messinbrink.

On 3/14/2024 at 11:33 AM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Yes.  Also the same Ramirez who ducked Carr.

He may score a few, but will not be able to keep up with MM for seven minutes.  He will wilt.  Wilt.

Wrestling MM is just a bit more taxing on the lungs than those guys.

You need a 5 gallon tank to wrestle Griffith and Ruth. You need a 20 gallon tank and a reserve tank to wrestle Messinbrink

• Bob 2

On 3/14/2024 at 12:50 PM, Le duke said:

Yep. Hamiti had it in the bag until about 90 seconds to go, and then he absolutely imploded.

I don’t think Ramirez or Carr have ever felt anything like that. They also don’t have anywhere near the length to counter Mesenbrink that Hamiti does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looked like Hamiti got injured at the end of the 2nd period. He looked like a totally different wrestler the rest of the match. When he was walking off the mat he was limping. Someone else talked about this. I'm not taking anything away from Messinbrink that was a hell of a match. I had him wining in a barn burner.

On 3/14/2024 at 10:05 AM, jajensen09 said:

Down goes Davis against Dean Peterson, down goes Naggo against Bailey, down goes bartlett against Mathews, down goes Kasak against Abas. 

Haines down to Shapiro, Messinbrick loses in semis, Carter takes L to Lewis, Truex L to Plott, Brooks 1 champ, Kerk L to Bastida !!

Let the fun begin 🔥 🔥 

This is very persuasive.  Are you betting your predictions?

30 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Griffith and Monday wrestle at very slow disciplined pace. Messinbrink wrestles at extremely fast high energy pace. You must a very large gas tank and a reserve tank to wrestle Messinbrink.

While Caliendo and Amine might be physically stronger, Ramirez might be the most powerful 165lber in the nation with a considerably large gas tank.

I have a feeling you haven't actually seen him wrestle this year.

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

I'd like to preface this by saying I think MM is going to win, but Julian is very hard to score on despite letting it fly most of the time. He was beating Keegan going into the third and other than that the most points he's given up this year is 5. I do not expect this to happen but the only way I can see Mitchell losing is that he shoots himself out of the match to where Julian can get a 2-3 takedown lead and some riding time or potentially a takedown and backs and then just pump the breaks enough in the third to weather the storm or get in some long scrambles.

• Bob 1

41 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

While Caliendo and Amine might be physically stronger, Ramirez might be the most powerful 165lber in the nation with a considerably large gas tank.

I was referring to Griffith and Ruth. Having success against very good wrestlers that wrestle at a very controlled pace is much different than wrestling a very good wrestler with a high energy  fast pace.  I did not say anything about Ramirez. Should be some really exciting matches. Can't wait.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word.
  • Bob 1

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Hard to argue against your point but at NCAA's he hasn't made it past the blood round yet so until then I wouldn't pick him to make it to the semis.  

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

5 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Hard to argue against your point but at NCAA's he hasn't made it past the blood round yet so until then I wouldn't pick him to make it to the semis.  

I actually have him losing to Caliendo.

Just offering proper respects.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

49 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Not only that, his record vs BigTen opponents isn't very good at NCAAs. He was the 4th seed last year and couldn't get past 29 seed Caleb Fish. The year before he had Hamiti down 10-5 until Hamiti reeled off 10 straight points in winning 15-11. He also lost to Kharchla at that NCAA tournament when he started shooting for stalemates and could not hold a 3rd period lead. 

Fish made Mesenbrink work this year but still lost to him by major, and I think if Ramirez is there vs Mesenbrink in the semi finals it looks like Hamiti vs Ramirez from two years ago. Maybe I am wrong, but that is my take on it.  

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

1 hour ago, jajensen09 said:

Lounder for those in the back! Best team ever?? Lol lol. 149 on down average... seems right.  Sorry homers

Average with respect to what or who?  Please clarify.  Penn State scored 9 1/2 points at these four weights.  Nebraska scored 10 1/2 points.  By your reckoning, Nebraska is also pretty "average".  Who sets the bar (standard), an all-star team composed of guys like Spencer Lee (125), Logan Steiber (133), Yianni (141), and Zain Retherford (149)?

It's a team of 10 guys not 4 for you to cherry pick from.  

How about Nebraska's four heaviest weights: 174, 184, 197, 285?

174: 0 points (DNQ)

184: 3.5 points 

197: 2.0 points (about to be tech-ed by Hidlay tomorrow morning/early afternoon)

285: 0 points (0-2, eliminated)

On 3/21/2024 at 9:50 PM, jajensen09 said:

Lounder for those in the back! Best team ever?? Lol lol. 149 on down average... seems right.  Sorry homers

Can we get an update on your dipshitedness mentality? Is Nebraska within 90 points on a Friday night? Any finalists? You took some insane psychoanalytic behavior regarding Nebraska inferiority to PSU in your 125-149 micro-analyzation to diminish Penn State’s dominance, hopefully that made you feel better. You look like a fool. Go watch basketball 

• Bob 1
  • Stalling 1

On 3/21/2024 at 9:50 PM, jajensen09 said:

13 years now. 13 years! Or is it 14? The dominance creates a little cloudiness. Over a never was. My man you are the definition of insanity.

7 hours ago, MLB9 said:

Can we get an update on your dipshitedness mentality? Is Nebraska within 90 points on a Friday night? Any finalists? You took some insane psychoanalytic behavior regarding Nebraska inferiority to PSU in your 125-149 micro-analyzation to diminish Penn State’s dominance, hopefully that made you feel better. You look like a fool. Go watch basketball 

Harsh

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 hours ago, MLB9 said:

Got too drunk, sorry ja. There was no reason to talk like that.

Perhaps jajansen was drunk when he started this thread?

His wrestling posts have generally been pretty good. This one, not so much.

Hopefully he's more of a happy drunk than an angry one, because it's going to be a long, bitter offseason for him otherwise.

BTW - Penn State has scored more points after the just completed conis-semis than any Penn State team has scored at any prior NCAA tournament. If this is a fall, I'll take it...

• Bob 1