Williams vs Swiderski

Big 12 semis at 149. Just got around to watching this wild match. On the video, you can't hear what Swiderski was saying to the OkSt coaches. Anyone who was there know what he said? I imagine he was not saying "Good match." 

10 minutes ago, Gantry said:

I was shocked Williams finished the match, he looked scared and said something like my arm is broken after the injury.  Just laid there stunned...

Looked like he was saying "broke my collarbone" and the actual injury probably felt like it.   

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

two point?

Is there a joke I'm missing?  His sentence was grammatically correct.  4th stall call is 2 points

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 minute ago, ionel said:

Looked like he was saying "broke my collarbone" and the actual injury probably felt like it.   

That might have been it, total deer in headlights look.  Surprised he wrestled the final and seems like he shouldn't have. 

10 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Is there a joke I'm missing?  His sentence was grammatically correct.  4th stall call is 2 points

Thought they'd changed that rule. 

Can't wait to see the rematch between these two.  Swiderski should have received one more point for the stall at the end.  Regardless who wins this match, Ty Watters is looking like a "bad dude" right now.  Uses that length well with leverage for those bars and tightwaist.  West Virginia program has some "hombres" that can scrap.  I like Swiderski's fire.  All these tough underclassmen.  Gonna be some good battles down the line in the Big 12.  Now add Arizona State in the mix.

After I watching the match, I was surprised there has been this much uproar about this match.  Yes, Williams was stalling but not a lot of refs are going to hit a guy for stalling 4 times in a minute.   It stinks but I don't think you will see something like that called in KC either. 

*I don't think they were out of bounds before time expired or there would of been another stalling call.    

It's not like Williams stalled the entire match. He certainly didn't wrestle a heavy hand-fighting match like Swiderski wanted but he did what he had to do to win. I mean he was up 7-2 before getting injured. Swiderski is maybe kicking himself for not bringing that final-minute energy all match. Im sure they will meet again anyway.

Doubt any with that injury would want to get into a tie up position.  Just betting he was doing everything he could to finish out the match and secure team points, no way he was going to wrestle on the back side.

Why is a ref be telling a D1 kid to put his foot on the line, multiple times in the same match?! That is just the new and improved "Big 8 break" put on by Okie State. Williams should have been hit for stalling when he takes his time to get back to the center, and then fails to put his foot on the line.