B1G Tournament Brackets are here

Big12 Chamlionship Live ESPN2 @ 830pm est.

Pac12 Championship’s Live Pac12  network @ 900pm est

ACC Championships Live ACCN network currently on from 700pm - 900pm est.

As per Xfinity Cental PA channel lineups

2 hours ago, MLB9 said:

Glad Mendez won, did Bartlett take a single legit shot?

He took one with about 30 seconds left in the match. Mendez defended it and got his takedown during the subsequent exchange. Mendez looked pretty darn good in that match. He looks the part of a national champ. 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

Around the same time?   I think Ed first?  Ed was definitely first and then Ed followed him.

And, ironically, Ed now lives in the Czech Republic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1

6 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Thanks,  that clears it up for me,  

Edmund was first to Illinois and Ed shortly thereafter.  The timing was so close to make you wonder if the conversations were being had as a packaged deal

• Bob 1
  • Fire 2

15 minutes ago, Rassling said:

As though 165 couldn’t be more exciting after Big10, Big12 continues the excitement with KOT vs Carr @ ESPN2..

125 starts now..

165 will be the premier weight at the NCAA's . Mesenbrink and O'Toole were coached by Askren and were on the same team. 

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, Paul158 said:

165 will be the premier weight at the NCAA's . Mesenbrink and O'Toole were coached by Askren and were on the same team. 

& Mesenbrink's dad John

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Bob 2

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

3 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Edmund was first to Illinois and Ed shortly thereafter.  The timing was so close to make you wonder if the conversations were being had as a packaged deal

Not a package deal, but a lot of great things coming together in about six months:

ED RUTH -- Coaching announcement in July 2021.

ILLINOIS MATMAN OPEN -- in December 2021. ILLINI wrestled there, as did Edmond Ruth unattached. He won. 

EDMOND RUTH -- Recruiting announcement in January 2022. 

• Bob 1
  • Wrestle 1

3 hours ago, Paul158 said:

Like I've been saying. Askren is the next great coach that will take down cael. Don't forget Parker k is askren trained too 

1 hour ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Not a package deal, but a lot of great things coming together in about six months:

ED RUTH -- Coaching announcement in July 2021.

ILLINOIS MATMAN OPEN -- in December 2021. ILLINI wrestled there, as did Edmond Ruth unattached. He won. 

EDMOND RUTH -- Recruiting announcement in January 2022. 

You're right. I had it the wrong way around.

17 hours ago, Kov88 said:

Davis had probably the most awkward interview ever

First time I've heard him interviewed.  

Can't say that I thought he sounded particularly bright.  But I guess he was smart enough to win.  

16 hours ago, Quaker118 said:

Cannot believe the woman doing the interview asked him how it felt to pin a guy he lost to twice. Did I miss something after the tech? Did they change a call. Don’t make a mistake like that. 

Yeah, I caught that too.  Is the network standard that a techfall is a type of fall?

On 3/10/2024 at 7:00 PM, Caveira said:

Sooooo many empty seats.   Anyone have attendance numbers?   Did they sell out tickets ?

Sorry to necro an old thread, but I don't think this was answered. As per UMD, total attendance for the finals was 12,277. I believe the Xfinity center holds about 18,000, so it was about 2/3's full (which seems about right). A big part of the reason why it looked empty on TV was because of this.

The red seats in the picture here were not available for the public; rather, they were reserved for... well, I'm not really sure who they were reserved for. Regardless, these seats were almost 100% vacant for the entire weekend. And by happenstance, most of the TV cameras were set up on the opposite side of these seats. Result = blocks of empty seats directly behind the mats. 

SS79.jpg

• Brain 1

On 3/10/2024 at 9:27 AM, jajensen09 said:

Smith smokes Davis, van dee is right there with naggo, hardy has and will beat fakebeau again, ridge is head and shoulders over kasak

This is what happens when religious belief is added to stubborn ideology and far too much alcohol.  

Is Jajensen the father of David Jensen, who wrestled 285 for Nebraska?   If so, it might help to explain the blind passion.

Perhaps he hasn't gotten over this match last year, which I'm sure he characterizes as a lucky fluke.  Labriola was "right there" with Starocci, right?

https://www.ncaa.com/video/wrestling/2023-03-18/carter-starocci-vs-mikey-labriola-2023-ncaa-wrestling-championship-174-lbs

12 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

This is what happens when religious belief is added to stubborn ideology and far too much alcohol.  

Is Jajensen the father of David Jensen, who wrestled 285 for Nebraska?   If so, it might help to explain the blind passion.

Perhaps he hasn't gotten over this match last year, which I'm sure he characterizes as a lucky fluke.  Labriola was "right there" with Starocci, right?

https://www.ncaa.com/video/wrestling/2023-03-18/carter-starocci-vs-mikey-labriola-2023-ncaa-wrestling-championship-174-lbs

Got some sour apples here huh? Everything I said there is true. Sorry 149 on down isn't untouchable like you think.

10 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Got some sour apples here huh? Everything I said there is true. Sorry 149 on down isn't untouchable like you think.

There is a big gap between untouchable and average. You are the only one going to those two extremes.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

There is a big gap between untouchable and average. You are the only one going to those two extremes.

I said above average. There are teams with better lineups 149- down. Can't help Penn state fans are just Ultra Charmin soft 

8 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

I said above average. There are teams with better lineups 149- down. Can't help Penn state fans are just Ultra Charmin soft 

Name them! I challenged you on that before and you red herring'd me with a bunch of Starroci bs. Initially you said "very average", which is quite possibly the stupidest statement ever said here. Be a man and answer the question, which team is better from 125-149?