Big 12 Projected Seeds/Interactive Bracket

4 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Wow that was exciting!  Swiderski has a lot of passion

Williams should have stalled out.  That was legitimately running for the OB line for a minute straight after taking a multi-minute breather.  

4 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

Seeing on Twitter that Rocky got the 5-4 dec over Buchanan. Seems like there's been something going on with Rocky this year, so that's a big win over a guy he's struggled with in the past.

Buchanan got his takedown with 1 second left , Elam controlled the entire match

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

Seeing on Twitter that Rocky got the 5-4 dec over Buchanan. Seems like there's been something going on with Rocky this year, so that's a big win over a guy he's struggled with in the past.

Twitter? 

• Fire 1

Some notable results  125- Volk over Surtan, Spratley in OT over terukina on a fleeing the mat or Stall in OT terukina then threw his headgear losing a team point 

141- Echemendia looks great dominates Titus in the semis 14-4 Happel last second TD knocks of Jamison 

149- True freshman Ty Watters bonuses his way to the finals including a tech in the semis..Jordan Williams barely survives Swiderski

157- Chittum knocks off the 8 seed hill who upset Zerban (who beat Levi Haines last year) 

165- Otoole dominates Olejnik, Carr cruises past Hall

174-7 seed Sax from NDSU knocks off the 2 and 3 seeds to set up the battle of the Dakotas in the finals Vs Devos

184-Keck and Plott crushing everyone on the way to finals 

197- Elam controls Buchanan , Sloan unchallenged on the other side 

285- Hendrickson and Bastida crush everyone in their path 

Semis are finished , wrestlebacks still going on Iowa state currently in 1st with 119.0 (5 finalists ), Ok State 2nd-  100.5 (4 Finalists), Missouri 3rd with 85.5 (2 finalists) ,  Northern Iowa 4th with 80.5 (3 Finalists) 

• Fire 2

23 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Some notable results  125- Volk over Surtan, Spratley in OT over terukina on a fleeing the mat or Stall in OT terukina then threw his headgear losing a team point 

141- Echemendia looks great dominates Titus in the semis 14-4 Happel last second TD knocks of Jamison 

149- True freshman Ty Watters bonuses his way to the finals including a tech in the semis..Jordan Williams barely survives Swiderski

157- Chittum knocks off the 8 seed hill who upset Zerban (who beat Levi Haines last year) 

165- Otoole dominates Olejnik, Carr cruises past Hall

174-7 seed Sax from NDSU knocks off the 2 and 3 seeds to set up the battle of the Dakotas in the finals Vs Devos

184-Keck and Plott crushing everyone on the way to finals 

197- Elam controls Buchanan , Sloan unchallenged on the other side 

285- Hendrickson and Bastida crush everyone in their path 

Semis are finished , wrestlebacks still going on Iowa state currently in 1st with 119.0 (5 finalists ), Ok State 2nd-  100.5 (4 Finalists), Missouri 3rd with 85.5 (2 finalists) ,  Northern Iowa 4th with 80.5 (3 Finalists) 

Also will add that South Dakota state has 2 finalists while West Virginia ,Wyoming , North Dakota State and Air Force all have 1 

Garrett Ricks of Wyoming punched Koelzer of Oklahoma in the face and got a flagrant (I believe it happened during the Williams injury break on the quad box).  Not good.  Kish was pretty heated shortly before I assume wanting the DQ at that time after some other extracurriculars.

Edited by 1032004

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Garrett Ricks of Wyoming punched Koelzer of Oklahoma in the face and got a flagrant (I believe it happened during the Williams injury break on the quad box).  Not good.  Kish was pretty heated shortly before I assume wanting the DQ at a that time after some other extracurriculars.

I saw that - wasn't sure what caused the incident - even after watching the match.

Mizzou has looked really bad all year...I'm guessing 3 AAs at best. 
Yeah, 5 would be the max, but that's not likely. Keegan is the only lock (knock on wood). Big Elam has been the next most consistent guy all year. Dominated by Bastida twice, but still a pretty solid chance. Rocky is hopefully rounding into form. After that, Surtin has a chance, but 125 is crazy. Mocco has not been wrestling great, but if he turns it on, he is the only other opportunity for an AA. I've given up on Mauller.
  • Fire 1

12 hours ago, Crotalus said:

Buchanon hasn't improved at OU at all. If anything he's basically the same level he was at Wyoming. 

22 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

Buchanon hasn't improved at OU at all. If anything he's basically the same level he was at Wyoming. 

Yea , it sucks for him he decided to transfer at the top of his game and at the beginning of a season causing him to sit out last year , then his coach gets fired leading to a whole circus finding a replacement ( apparently Toby Keith R.I.P.) was shutting down coaching hires bc he’s the largest donor to the program , then half the team leaves , just a total mess down in Norman , Buchanan was better off staying with branch in Wyoming or taking the deal Michigan had for him 

• Bob 1

14 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

Williams should have stalled out.  That was legitimately running for the OB line for a minute straight after taking a multi-minute breather.  

Yup! And took forever returning to the middle after going out of bounds twice. 

13 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Also will add that South Dakota state has 2 finalists while West Virginia ,Wyoming , North Dakota State and Air Force all have 1 

NDSU with a finalist while Oklahoma has none.  Poor Kish. 

6 hours ago, Crotalus said:
17 hours ago, flanders said:
Mizzou has looked really bad all year...I'm guessing 3 AAs at best. 

Yeah, 5 would be the max, but that's not likely. Keegan is the only lock (knock on wood). Big Elam has been the next most consistent guy all year. Dominated by Bastida twice, but still a pretty solid chance. Rocky is hopefully rounding into form. After that, Surtin has a chance, but 125 is crazy. Mocco has not been wrestling great, but if he turns it on, he is the only other opportunity for an AA. I've given up on Mauller.

I agree. At the beginning of the season, I would've been optimistic with my Mizzou goggles on, predicting at least 8 guys AA ing or on the bubble...it's been a rough year. My 3 are O'toole and the 2 Elams. I think Mocco will be close..everyone else under achieving. 

3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea but Oklahoma will most likely have an AA while I don’t think anyone on NDSU comes close

Probably. But A. He was inherited and B. He hasn’t got better this year.