Starocci

Just now, Pish said:

Huh?  I just came in and looked at your post and gave some context.  I haven't read thru rest of thread.

What do you mean did Starocci quit?  Isn't he wrestling next week?

As for Lee..if he was hurt, then no he didnt quit.  If not, he did..I don't know

Ok, so the whole context was arguing earlier in the post between posters about Lee being a quitter, Starocci being a quitter, etc.

Wrestle87, an Iowa hater, came to Lee's defense and mentioned other guys that get a pass for forfeiting.  I added Kerk to the list as another.

You can feel however you want, I'm just trying to see if people are consistent.  It sounds as if you are.

11 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Ok, so the whole context was arguing earlier in the post between posters about Lee being a quitter, Starocci being a quitter, etc.

Wrestle87, an Iowa hater, came to Lee's defense and mentioned other guys that get a pass for forfeiting.  I added Kerk to the list as another.

You can feel however you want, I'm just trying to see if people are consistent.  It sounds as if you are.

I just see it as common sense.

This is an individual tournament with a team aspect.  Spencer Lee's goal was to win it all.  The loss must have crushed him.  I'm sure he could have wrestled Saturday and came back for 3rd, but I was never one to kill the kid for not going.  Now if Iowa was in the thick of things, I would have felt differently, but if I recall, they had secured 2nd at that point. That being said..who am I to judge one way or the other.

As for Starocci..Not sure how anyone can say he quit.  Obviously he begged to go and coach held him out (with all the drama afterwards).  

Edited by Pish
  • Bob 1

15 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

So you think he's going to go pin, pin, tech, tech like Bassett?  

How long did it take for you to look up those facts quick draw McGraw? Wrestleknowsalot?

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

* Perhaps you noticed the part about "being better lately?"

But now that you mention: that dec over true freshman Welsh isn't  bonus points either.  Nor is Kennedy a top 10 seed.  The Lewis match didn't count.  

Do you think he will bonus Lewis next week?  Because what I read in the post that I responded to was that he was going to bonus guys like Bo Bassett did at PA states.  Bassett went pin, pin, tech, tech.  You really think Carter is  going to do that?

I responded to your Satllrocci moniker and you asked when has he been known to bonus top 10 guys.  That's 5 guys this year all ranked in the top 10 ( Kennedy included despite seed). That's an 80% bonus conversion rate.  Not too shabby.  I had no idea Mekhi went into the All astar Classic to lose and allow the bonus because it wasn't officially on the record.  You got me there.  And I never said he's bonusing his way through Nationals

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

9 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I responded to your Satllrocci moniker and you asked when has he been known to bonus top 10 guys.  That's 5 guys this year all ranked in the top 10 ( Kennedy included despite seed). That's an 80% bonus conversion rate.  Not too shabby.  I had no idea Mekhi went into the All astar Classic to lose and allow the bonus because it wasn't officially on the record.  You got me there.  And I never said he's bonusing his way through Nationals

AGain, I said "until recently."

And you got involved in an exchange where I was responding to someone who absurdly claimed an injured Carter was going to rip his way through nationals like Bo Bassett did to piaa lol

Carter is great, but until recently, he is far from a prolific scorer.  He is no David Taylor.

I do not believe Starocci is going to win, but I hope I'm wrong, it would be a cool story to be present for, and also, his antics are the kind of thing I'm there for, plus he's notably upped his dominance, which I always appreciate.

2 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

I'll root for Starocci to win #4 only if he can commit to going for #5 next year.

well its hard to tell when he's doing the Austin Gomez "look at me look at me look at me" fake retirement thing consistently.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

3 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Five?  You gave FOUR.  He did not major true freshman Welsh.  It was razor thin.  How do you call a 4-2 win a major?  Crazy. 

25 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Five?  You gave FOUR.  He did not major true freshman Welsh.  It was razor thin.  How do you call a 4-2 win a major?  Crazy. 

Wrestled 5 wrestlers in the top 10 this season.  4 of them by bonus.  80% bonus rate against top 10. When did I claim he majored R. Welsh?

Edited by PortaJohn

3 hours ago, VakAttack said:

I do not believe Starocci is going to win, but I hope I'm wrong, it would be a cool story to be present for, and also, his antics are the kind of thing I'm there for, plus he's notably upped his dominance, which I always appreciate.

Vak, this is why you're the man.  Opposing wrestler from your teams biggest rival but you will still cheer for him.  I'm the same way.  Love the Nits but I'll be rooting for Glazier and Kennedy.  Pretty much any wrestler.  These kids don't deserve our hate.  

• Bob 1

13 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Vak, this is why you're the man.  Opposing wrestler from your teams biggest rival but you will still cheer for him.  I'm the same way.  Love the Nits but I'll be rooting for Glazier and Kennedy.  Pretty much any wrestler.  These kids don't deserve our hate.  

you guys really don't indulge in fan mentality enough! (ironically my contributions to this topic are the opposite)

• Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 hour ago, Show_Me said:

Genuinely curious for the basis of your take.  Injury only or other factors in addition ?

100% purely injury.  Defaulting twice makes me believe the injury is pretty bad, I don't know if there's any history of a guy defaulting twice at conferences and still winning or even coming close.  Nolf wrestled a couple of matches at Big 10s, then Mef FFT'd.

53 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Meh, I can still be a hater, lol. It's similar to how I felt about Nickal, who I hated and loved 🤣🤣🤣.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

100% purely injury.  Defaulting twice makes me believe the injury is pretty bad, I don't know if there's any history of a guy defaulting twice at conferences and still winning or even coming close.  Nolf wrestled a couple of matches at Big 10s, then Mef FFT'd.

Meh, I can still be a hater, lol. It's similar to how I felt about Nickal, who I hated and loved 🤣🤣🤣.

Lol!!! There are 3 Sanderson wrestlers who i believe fit the mold of a Gable Hawkeye (two solely on personality, take a guess) Retherford, Nickal, & Starocci

Edited by PortaJohn