Biggest Darkhorse's to make a run at NCAA's

Truzzcat

On 2/27/2024 at 2:02 PM, wrestle87 said:

Iowa, PSU, and Minnesota always have a few guys who come out of nowhere to make the podium.  Obviously, if you are from PSU just being on that team removes the element of surprise a bit.

Tyler Wells?

5 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

yeah I feel like you are going for something but i don't know what.

Haha I was just saying we are all going to be on different pages if we nominate dark horse candidates without criteria! As for the talking to the laptop screens I meant that we have these passionate discussions over the internet which are enjoyable. With some clarification about the dark horses this can be a great conversation also!

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

No one is a dark horse at 125 (particularly the guy who went undefeated in redshirt last year including a win over the current #1), but kinda to @ionel’s point, while Figueroa is probably the lowest ranked guy with the best chance of winning, I wouldn’t say he has the highest potential.  Among guys ranked below him on both Intermat & Flo, I’d give all of the below a shot to win:

Peterson (22/20)

Sotelo (23/26)

Molton (20/29)

Palmer (25/UR)

love the molton shout hes super athletic and has not lost since December which I think is something only one other 125'er Matt Ramos can say.

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

If the tournament was seeded today the lowest seed with the highest potential would be Richard Figueroa.  

Figs won't even allocate for the PAC he's gonna have to steal a spot . 

• Racing Family 1

1 hour ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

Fingers crossed…. 

Ramos is putting Purdue wrestling on his back and helping to make us a perennial powerhouse. 😤😤

Thi$ i$ hi$ 5th year of $chool. $omething tell$ me i$n't $taying at Purdue for hi$ final two year$ of eligibility. 

i am an idiot on the internet

22 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Will be interesting to see where Cole is seeded after the ACC tournament.  He has been shaky this year and yeah if he gets seeded in the mid teens and makes a run placing then that's a good dark horse pick

Wasn’t Cole ranked #1 at one point last year? I could be wrong. 

30 minutes ago, Rassling said:

Wasn’t Cole ranked #1 at one point last year? I could be wrong. 

Yes, he was ranked #1 on Flo until mid November, on Intermat and Wrestlestat he was #1 until he lost his first bout of the year on January 8 to Jordan Titus.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

21 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Yes, he was ranked #1 on Flo until mid November, on Intermat and Wrestlestat he was #1 until he lost his first bout of the year on January 8 to Jordan Titus.

Yup, I believe he was the highest returning placer from 2022

38 minutes ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

I’m pretty sure he’s not graduating this year. I see no reason why he would transfer, his gf is there as well. 

You almost had me there but I'm calling BS. Everyone at Purdue has a girlfriend but she lives in Canada and you wouldn't know her anyways.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

Hey now… no need to get personal. This hits too close to home.

But did it hit domestically or internationally 😉

On 2/27/2024 at 4:47 PM, PortaJohn said:

I think Ryder Rogotzke is going to ruin a higher seeds dream this year or at a minimum give someones fanbase a near heart attack.  

Seems like the dude either pins his opponent or gets pinned…. He doesn’t settle for anything in between