Nebraska vs Arizona state. Who you got

jajensen09

14 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

Two top 5 wins over the weekend.  Peaking at the right time maybe. 

Figs can beat anyone at the weight. I haven’t wavered on that. In actuality, he hasn’t been all that bad this season. What’s been glaring, is his inability to finish cleanly against better comp. All of his scores seem to be incredibly high effort and time consuming. This narrows the margins and opens him up for higher variance results like he’s had thus far. That said,  I’m confident slotting him in around the R12-6th range, regardless of his draw. 

Edited by RegularStalling

11 hours ago, SunDevil said:

Maybe ASU is peaking at the right time. The team looked as bad as ever thru January. Winning the first 7 matches against Lehigh. They looked as good as ever last night. Got the first takedown. Wrestled 7 minutes and fought for team points until the last minute of matches. Teemer was the only one that struggled. 

Was a reason given for no Crookham against ASU?  Weren’t he and Chlebove from the same area in HS?

6 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Was a reason given for no Crookham against ASU?  Weren’t he and Chlebove from the same area in HS?

Same area? Yes. District XI (Lehigh Valley).

Crookham- Notre Dame GP/Saucon Valley.

Chlebove- Northampton.

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

Should this have been a stall call against Lovett?  

Nothing definitive that I could see but Lovett was obviously trying to push him out rather than trying to take him down.

In freestyle, I believe Lovett would have gotten the step out point. I didn't notice his arms being extended which would negate it.

• Fire 2

8 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Crookham was at 14 matches and needed 1 more for an RPI he went to an open and got 1 match in . Not sure why that 1 match wasn't against Chlebove. Maybe he was coming off being dinged up or something I'm not sure

• Racing Family 2

40 minutes ago, Corby said:

Crookham was at 14 matches and needed 1 more for an RPI he went to an open and got 1 match in . Not sure why that 1 match wasn't against Chlebove. Maybe he was coming off being dinged up or something I'm not sure

13. Match against McGonagle doesn't count for these purposes.

4 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

i will almost certainly be using figs as my guy at 125 in the wrestle stat nationals pick em 

If he wins Pac 12’s he should get a top 10 seed, probably even better.  Of course would still be a good value there if he wins

Edited by 1032004
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

If he wins Pac 12’s he should get a top 10 seed, probably even better.  Of course would still be a good value there if he wins

that's true I was thinking because he's 7-5 but he only has one bad loss and with the landscape of 125 he could end up being higher than I'm anticipating. 

2 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

Nothing definitive that I could see but Lovett was obviously trying to push him out rather than trying to take him down.

In freestyle, I believe Lovett would have gotten the step out point. I didn't notice his arms being extended which would negate it.

I agree,  but Lovett had nothing to gain by a pushout.   It was odd but Nebraska didn't dispute it.  

I noticed on the ASU wrestling website story on this match that they mentioned the Seniors who participated in the Senior Day activities and the only ASU starter mentioned was Tony Negron (184).  Negron is listed as a RS Senior on the ASU roster and so is Jacori Teemer (157) and Chance McLane (165).   This would seem to indicate Negron won't be returning for 2025 but Teemer and McLane will be returning.   That meaning ASU will return 9 of 10 starters for 2025.

125 lbs - Richard Figueroa - 2025 RS Junior

133 lbs - Julian Chlebove - 2025 RS Senior

141 lbs - Jesse Vasquez - 2025 Senior

149 lbs - Kyle Parco - 2025 RS Senior

157 lbs - Jacori Teemer - 2025 6th year Senior

165 lbs - Chance McLane - 2025 6th year Senior

174 lbs - Cael Valencia - 2025 RS Junior

184 lbs - _____________________

197 lbs - Jacob Meissner - 2025 RS Sophomore

285 lbs - Cohlton Schultz - 2025 RS Senior

I wonder how guys like Emilio Ysaguirre (2025 RS SO at 141 lbs) and Kaleb Larkin (2025 RS FR at 149 lbs) and Nicco Ruiz (2025 RS FR at 165/174 lbs) and Mykey Ramos (2025 RS JR at 149 lbs) fit into that lineup for 2025.  I could see Ruiz moving up to 174 lbs with Valencia moving up to 184 lbs for 2025.

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I noticed on the ASU wrestling website story on this match that they mentioned the Seniors who participated in the Senior Day activities and the only ASU starter mentioned was Tony Negron (184).  Negron is listed as a RS Senior on the ASU roster and so is Jacori Teemer (157) and Chance McLane (165).   This would seem to indicate Negron won't be returning for 2025 but Teemer and McLane will be returning.   That meaning ASU will return 9 of 10 starters for 2025.

I wonder how guys like Emilio Ysaguirre (2025 RS SO at 141 lbs) and Kaleb Larkin (2025 RS FR at 149 lbs) and Nicco Ruiz (2025 RS FR at 165/174 lbs) and Mykey Ramos (2025 RS JR at 149 lbs) fit into that lineup for 2025.  I could see Ruiz moving up to 174 lbs with Valencia moving up to 184 lbs for 2025.

this is a solid, return to form lineup with Meissner being the obvious weak link....I wonder what the transfer portal action will look like this off season?

5 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

I agree,  but Lovett had nothing to gain by a pushout.   It was odd but Nebraska didn't dispute it.  

The first stalling call on Lovett in the 1st period was worse as I don't think Parco had taken a shot, yet, so when the 2nd one was called it was a point and allowed Parco to stall out the rest of the match.  

I don't think the 2nd stall call was that bad as Lovett is just trying to push out, but it would nice if that was called consistently as that happens 90% time when someone gets to the edge.  It is even worse in top/bottom position in my opinion. 

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I believe Willie said that Larkin was “getting really big,” but not sure exactly how big…

12 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

Should this have been a stall call against Lovett?  

Schultz gets stall calls left and right for doing the same thing that Lovett did here. Terrible call here. 

• Fire 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

4 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

13. Match against McGonagle doesn't count for these purposes.

Correct missed that one.  They obviously sent him then to get 2 matches but 133 only had 2 guys . 

• Racing Family 2

18 hours ago, SunDevil said:

Ugly? I don’t follow. He controlled the whole match. 

Shutting it down early and running away, getting called for stalling and then the over the top celebration. It was ugly. And I did not like it. I'm an ASU fan just like you but I'm not going to be served crap and say it tastes good. That's not what you want to see right before nationals. Richie has fallen a lot since his potential last year.

• Fire 1

17 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

At this stage of the game for Figs, calling any top 10 win “ugly” is sour grapes. 

You can win ugly against anyone just like you can win big against anyone. What you're saying doesn't even make logic sense.

1 hour ago, forkemaz said:

You can win ugly against anyone just like you can win big against anyone. What you're saying doesn't even make logic sense.

He was on the offensive for the two and a halfish periods and danced the last 45ish seconds. Was it pretty? No. Was it any different than what 90% of guys do in that situation? No. If he did that against a guy he should be dominating,  I’d call it ugly, but he did it against a top 10 opponent. Richie isn’t going to dominate a guy like that. Either way its semantics.

Edited by RegularStalling

2 hours ago, Corby said:

Correct missed that one.  They obviously sent him then to get 2 matches but 133 only had 2 guys . 

They sent him to get 1. He doesn't need the RPI. He has the WL needed and getting a bout in the last 30 days will get him on the Coaches Poll.