Russia sanctions

ionel

1 hour ago, mspart said:

As we know, all things just appear or are handed to us as people.   That's  how we got the car, the computer, the cell phone, the toaster, the hydraulic lift, the shovel, the hoe, etc.   The list goes on and on.   Oh wait, someone made these and had to work to provide them to other people that paid them money for their expertise in making these things.  

mspart

Pretty sure Obama said the government made those things for you.  Thank you Barrack, how did we survive without you.  🙄

• Fire 1

15 hours ago, mspart said:

But JBT, you just don't understand.   It just can't be done, do you not understand that?   No matter how many examples you provide, it just can't be done.   It doesn't matter that people have done it.   It just can't be done.  

mspart

How is it that you can look at an exception to the rule. Something, that, by its definition does not apply to the vast majority of the population, and think you have a 'gotcha'? 

For all the people able to think clearly, the goal was to offer up an option for groceries that cost too much. The example was to start farming your own veggies and/or raising your own livestock. But this is the key point; when you had little to no money to do anything else. 

My retort was that doing anything like this would cost money. More money than a struggling person or family could afford to spend on doing anything like this. 

The retort to the retort were examples of cities offering up projects to help curb hunger or individuals that changed their lives entirely to adopt a farmer-type lifestyle. They/them think its a point on their side that anything like this is taking place. Rather than addressing the group or scenario that was the subject of the discussion. 

I have conceded that these projects are happening and my excitement in hoping that they work and grow. But as of right now, they are not the answer to all the struggling people that would or could need these programs. 

I'm sorry that your argument fails at every level. That's up to you to reconcile with. Calling me names will not undo the fact that you move the goal posts when you can't find a solution to the problem. That you want to hold on to the 'personal choices' excuse until the bitter end is a testament to how close minded you are. Everything you accuse me of is an admission of guilt. It never bothers me. The demographics are shifting. People are evolving away from religion(that's one of the things I imagine is the reason you think this way, maybe not the religion itself but it's influence on the 'don't question too much' for fear of losing the comforting lie rather than the harsh truth that we're all gonna die and there is nothing after this, sorry... spoiler alert) that keeps you from being comfortable in your own skin. Examples: being against the queer, trans, and athiest communities for no reason that they can articulate other than 'sky daddy tells me to'. 

You dislike people and you won't be honest about why. Maybe you don't even know why. But you should try. It'll hurt a little. You'll lose some friends or family members. But like Ma said when you went to school, 'If they treat you like that they aren't really your friends.' And remember, people on the other side are way more accepting of you as a person than conservatives have ever been. If you need an example, just point a camera at any conservative politician and listen to them answer a 'controversial' question or how much they squirm trying not to. They only care about people like them. That's how they were raised. 

Break the cycle. 

Its gonna be a great Wednesday. I look forward to all your well thought out responses. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

The example of the guy was about a guy that used other peoples front yards in exchange for the food he grew. 🤦‍♂️ 

So scale this. If enough people did this how much land would be needed? Where is the tipping point to where its not viable again? How much time would it take to work to grow all this food? Would they be able to work and take home the original amount of money. The money that we all agreed wasn't enough to begin with. That's why they started growing food. 

So now they have food. But can't pay rent or water or power. 

So they are farming other peoples' land in a city. They have no home. 

How is that a solution to the original issue? 

16 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

If there’s a will there’s a way.  Plan it and make it happen.  It’s that simple. 

At every step I have explained how it isn't. But you can't or won't understand that. 

Some problems can't be 'willed' out of. I have a feeling you know that. You just don't want to admit it. One of the reasons is that you love calling out people that flip flop and can't stand the thought of someone doing it to you. 

Changing your mind is important and difficult. You, not the figurative you... YOU! and your presence, make it hard for anyone to admit that they may have been mistaken or mislead. 

Best of luck,

Edited by ThreePointTakedown

37 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

So scale this. If enough people did this how much land would be needed? Where is the tipping point to where its not viable again? How much time would it take to work to grow all this food? Would they be able to work and take home the original amount of money. The money that we all agreed wasn't enough to begin with. That's why they started growing food. 

So now they have food. But can't pay rent or water or power. 

So they are farming other peoples' land in a city. They have no home. 

How is that a solution to the original issue? 

Define enough people 

33 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

At every step I have explained how it isn't. But you can't or won't understand that. 

Some problems can't be 'willed' out of. I have a feeling you know that. You just don't want to admit it. One of the reasons is that you love calling out people that flip flop and can't stand the thought of someone doing it to you. 

Changing your mind is important and difficult. You, not the figurative you... YOU! and your presence, make it hard for anyone to admit that they may have been mistaken or mislead. 

Best of luck,

Problems being willed out is your thing.  Just throw some money at it right? 

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Fire 1

39 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Best of luck,

I showed you a map of places all over the world where this is happening. I’m sorry you don’t like facts 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Problems being willed out is your thing.  Just throw some money at it right? 

There are solutions that we know of to problems that have persisted. Money is a credible solution to some of them regardless of your feelings. 

We've established that in this discussion. Not having the privilege of money or family to fall back on makes it incredibly difficult/risky to just pull up roots and fully change your situation. You know this because you said it yourself, you have a comfortable situation. It might not be the best. But that you might struggle with an unknown outcome keeps you from wanting to take the risk of changing it for the sake of someone else's benefit. You are not alone. That mentality permeates myriad issues of national/global importance. Many of the people keeping solutions from being discussed are ones that are not going to live to see the consequences of inaction. 

Tweet: 1 point red for unsportsmanlike behavior from blue.  

Inner drive, resolve to succeed 'in spite of', and the capacity to resist impulses are 90% of what makes success open to anyone in America.  This is otherwise known as motivation, determination, and willpower.  If you do not like your life, then [continuously] choose to change your life.

...but climate, money, food, time, knowledge, skills, competency, access—you name it.  These are masks for "I don't want to."

But X-man has resources and privileges, and it's unfair to those with less.  AND? Take that weak mindset out of here. 

An accountable mindset does not exclude helping others and having compassion. I love helping others achieve.  I hate feeding an undriven lifestyle to those that don't care to better themself.

Outside of health issues and 'acts of god'... with rare exceptions, anyone can succeed if willing to sacrifice.

You know what your true desires are when you go get it or die trying.  

• Fire 3

54 minutes ago, jross said:

Tweet: 1 point red for unsportsmanlike behavior from blue.  

Inner drive, resolve to succeed 'in spite of', and the capacity to resist impulses are 90% of what makes success open to anyone in America.  This is otherwise known as motivation, determination, and willpower.  If you do not like your life, then [continuously] choose to change your life.

...but climate, money, food, time, knowledge, skills, competency, access—you name it.  These are masks for "I don't want to."

But X-man has resources and privileges, and it's unfair to those with less.  AND? Take that weak mindset out of here. 

An accountable mindset does not exclude helping others and having compassion. I love helping others achieve.  I hate feeding an undriven lifestyle to those that don't care to better themself.

Outside of health issues and 'acts of god'... with rare exceptions, anyone can succeed if willing to sacrifice.

You know what your true desires are when you go get it or die trying.  

Unfortunately, there are a lot of Americans who do not understand this concept. There might even be someone in this forum on this thread.

• Fire 2

3 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

I’m pretty sure not all of that 44% has given up like you. But you can try and prove. It. 

• Fire 1

There are solutions that we know of to problems that have persisted. Money is a credible solution to some of them regardless of your feelings. 

We've established that in this discussion. Not having the privilege of money or family to fall back on makes it incredibly difficult/risky to just pull up roots and fully change your situation. You know this because you said it yourself, you have a comfortable situation. It might not be the best. But that you might struggle with an unknown outcome keeps you from wanting to take the risk of changing it for the sake of someone else's benefit. You are not alone. That mentality permeates myriad issues of national/global importance. Many of the people keeping solutions from being discussed are ones that are not going to live to see the consequences of inaction. 

Regardless of your feelings it doesn’t fix everything. We’ve established that many times on here.  People can start by looking inward for the most helpful solution.  

• Fire 1

Nope. 

That was a question for you. One you expertly dodged. 

If you'd like I can repeat it?

Go figure.  You can’t. 

Edited by JimmyBT

I’m so happy I don’t have wake up everyday hoping for someone to bail me out.  I’m so happy I worked hard for and earned what I have. It’s why I’m always smiling.  😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀   It would suck so bad to have to blame everyone else for what I couldn’t accomplish.   

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Fire 2

7 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

I’m so happy I don’t have wake up everyday hoping for someone to bail me out.  I’m so happy I worked hard for and earned what I have. It’s why I’m always smiling.  😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀   It would suck so bad to have to blame everyone else for what I couldn’t accomplish.   

Can't imagine living like that...blaming everyone else for my issues and lack of accomplishment

• Fire 2