Non-Binary Student Beaten In a Bathroom

1 minute ago, ionel said:

That doesn't have anything to do with your inaccurate thread.  I'm sure we can find a state rep from just about any state that made a disgusting remark about a group of people.  

Glad we can agree that its disgusting. 

and keep holding your breath.

30 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Would love to see evidence that you have admitted you are wrong. Please include in your response? Just kidding I know you won't. 

Seeing as you included no detail of what it was, can I ask, what was I mistaken about?

Let's play this out.  What was your original intent behind sharing the post exactly as you did?  Stating a nonbinary student was beaten and died without providing any context?  

When I posted the video of the deceased explaining their role in the fight, still healthy, and said 'trust the news,' why did you ask a trollish question, "whose narrative?"  The answer was plain to determine.

Why did you ask to find an unbiased source?  What is a better source than the 'victims' own video/voice?

Why use this incomplete story to make a point about violence against transgendered children?

Or Pres Biden dissing half the country every chance he gets.  Its what they do.  I would not call trans people filth.   I am not that way.   They are people who need help.   Desperately.   That is my view. 

mspart

• Fire 1

51 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Would love to see evidence that you have admitted you are wrong. Please include in your response? Just kidding I know you won't. 

Here are a couple...

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, jross said:

Let's play this out.  What was your original intent behind sharing the post exactly as you did?  Stating a nonbinary student was beaten and died without providing any context?  

When I posted the video of the deceased explaining their role in the fight, still healthy, and said 'trust the news,' why did you ask a trollish question, "whose narrative?"  The answer was plain to determine.

Why did you ask to find an unbiased source?  What is a better source than the 'victims' own video/voice?

Why use this incomplete story to make a point about violence against transgendered children?

Without reading more than the first sentence. You have no evidence of the thing that you say you have done and would like me to do. So I feel no need to read further. 

That a local politician provided the sound bite of his bigotry, after the fact, should have changed the tone of this forum to one of sympathy to all trans or nonbinary people in the state of Oklahoma and around the country. Because views like that are not so anonymous anymore. Have and will continue to lead to violence against people in those communities. But you can't. Because I imagine some of you hold those views. Which makes the holder of those opinions a steaming POS. Calling you out and getting you to defend the indefensible is just the thing I need to get me through the day. So be ready for more things that make you feel all warm and fuzzy.  

This thread has more responses than a fair few at the top of the list. So as far as hit and run thread. This one is pretty good compared to your ***I'm not very creative and act like a 5 year old*** ones that I have avoided because you all just want to giggle with each other over having the same dumb opinions. Talk about useless. 

1 hour ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Without reading more than the first sentence. You have no evidence of the thing that you say you have done and would like me to do. So I feel no need to read further. 

That a local politician provided the sound bite of his bigotry, after the fact, should have changed the tone of this forum to one of sympathy to all trans or nonbinary people in the state of Oklahoma and around the country. Because views like that are not so anonymous anymore. Have and will continue to lead to violence against people in those communities. But you can't. Because I imagine some of you hold those views. Which makes the holder of those opinions a steaming POS. Calling you out and getting you to defend the indefensible is just the thing I need to get me through the day. So be ready for more things that make you feel all warm and fuzzy.  

This thread has more responses than a fair few at the top of the list. So as far as hit and run thread. This one is pretty good compared to your ***I'm not very creative and act like a 5 year old*** ones that I have avoided because you all just want to giggle with each other over having the same dumb opinions. Talk about useless. 

Any more useless than to title a thread with words that contradict the known facts of the autopsy results?  Death was not due to trauma or a beating in the bathroom.  

mspart

Edited by mspart

1 hour ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

One day I hope to change your profile photo from this

image.png 
To this

image.png

• Haha 1

By "let's play this out," you could have provided a mature response, recognized why one might misread your intention, explained... and I would have apologized.  I form the wrong assumptions all the time and will do it again.  

He jumped on the bandwagon like we all do from time to time.   But after the autopsy showed trauma was not the cause of death, he should acknowledge that.   I don't think he has yet.  He is apparently still hoping that it was a death by beatdown.  

mspart

43 minutes ago, mspart said:

He jumped on the bandwagon like we all do from time to time.   But after the autopsy showed trauma was not the cause of death, he should acknowledge that.   I don't think he has yet.  He is apparently still hoping that it was a death by beatdown.  

mspart

Have to blame someone

• Fire 1

58 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart

Has the autopsy report been released? 

Or did someone jump on the CYA bandwagon and run with phrasing that may be used to shift blame/burden? Because it didn't come from the coroner. I have a feeling you know that and don't really care. 

I'm interested to see why this happened and why it continues to happen and why Oklahoma policy makers are comfortable calling people 'filth'. I would hope that you could agree that language like that, from an authority figure, could lead to violence. And that no one has mentioned that or has shown any sympathy for their situation in that school in that state is, unfortunately, not shocking at all considering this group. 

I'm sorry that you feel I am 'virtue signaling' because you have no sympathy for kids that struggle with things you've never had to struggle with. Or maybe you did and didn't have the resources we do now and feel that they are soft now, because 'I was able to make it without any help, they should too'. Which is an all too regular argument against helping anyone for any reason on this forum. And is just sad. I feel bad that you would rather watch people suffer because you did and that they shouldn't be treated any different even though we have the resources to make sure fewer people need to suffer. 

9 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Has the autopsy report been released? 

Or did someone jump on the CYA bandwagon and run with phrasing that may be used to shift blame/burden? Because it didn't come from the coroner. I have a feeling you know that and don't really care. 

I'm interested to see why this happened and why it continues to happen and why Oklahoma policy makers are comfortable calling people 'filth'. I would hope that you could agree that language like that, from an authority figure, could lead to violence. And that no one has mentioned that or has shown any sympathy for their situation in that school in that state is, unfortunately, not shocking at all considering this group. 

I'm sorry that you feel I am 'virtue signaling' because you have no sympathy for kids that struggle with things you've never had to struggle with. Or maybe you did and didn't have the resources we do now and feel that they are soft now, because 'I was able to make it without any help, they should too'. Which is an all too regular argument against helping anyone for any reason on this forum. And is just sad. I feel bad that you would rather watch people suffer because you did and that they shouldn't be treated any different even though we have the resources to make sure fewer people need to suffer. 

There you go again...searching for that boogeyman so you can blame someone and play the victim card for people who don't need your help.  You start a post with a lie for a headline and you continue to try and argue it, you won't retract it, and now continually turn the situation into something it isn't.  By attacking the state of Oklahoma, their politicians, the school, and posters on here.  You continually keep trying to think somehow, we all are a bunch of insensitive bigots who go around hating people who are different then ourselves...al of which is utter B.S. And how you could think anything like that based on what was posted on here is beyond me.  People have continually used facts and data to explain why your original post was a lie, why your assertations about things are a lie, and yet here you are continuing on with the name calling and implying people mean something other than what they typed.  You even got offended by me using a common scientific term like "genetic defect".  SMH.   Again, do you get off on trying to make people out to be bad...does that make you feel better about yourself and make you feel all warm and cozy stroking your invisible virtue award as you doze off to sleep at night??

• Fire 1

https://www.koco.com/article/nex-benedict-death-autopsy-oklahoma/46987362

Owasso police released preliminary information from a completed autopsy conducted by the Oklahoma State Medical Examiner's Office, saying it indicated that Benedict did not die as a result of trauma.

On Feb. 21, the Owasso Police Department said while the investigation continues, "preliminary information from the medical examiner’s office is that a complete autopsy was performed and indicated that the decedent did not die as a result of trauma."

The official autopsy report will be released at a later date. Police added that other comments on the cause of death are pending until toxicology results and other ancillary testing results come back.

To answer your first question, the complete autopsy report has not been released.   But the autopsy was completed and found death due to trauma did not happen.   If that is incorrect, certainly the medical examiner would have corrected the issue by saying they did not come to that conclusion.   They have not.   The rest of your argument is moot.   You being interested notwithstanding.  

Your accusation is not even close which you would know if you read my earlier post.   Just look up there a little ways and you'll find it.  You are dead wrong about my feelings on this topic.   Some poor soul died and it was not from trauma from a bathroom melee.   I can be sad about the death and understand that it was not due to the fight.  You should be able to do so as well. 

mspart

• Fire 3

Deep Thoughts

This observation is overarching and not directly related to this post.  It does not disrespect the sad story of the eventual student death.

OP's tendency to perceive others as victims is intertwined with maladaptive coping mechanisms. We've seen its impact on perceptions in a wrestling forum; imagine the effect in person. OP likely harbors unresolved conflicts and anxieties, projecting them onto others, hindering their ability to confront their own challenges. The cycle of negative thoughts is endless, fueled by confirmation bias and shielded from contradictory evidence.

It's essential to acknowledge that not everyone sees themselves as victims, and many feel slighted to be perceived in that way.

Let's focus on fixing the mindset.

People move forward 'in spite of' obstacles rather than fail 'because of' them.

Please refrain from labeling everyone with challenges as victims and avoid characterizing contributors as bigots. Contributors may simply be frustrated with takers and redistributionists, who have the potential to become contributors if they so choose.

My personal time has been encroached upon since Feb 10th, and I've quite literally worked 90 hours weekly through the early morning to meet a deadline. I missed family obligations, community commitments, an annual friend fishing trip, and lacked a colleague's assistance. Despite my requests and efforts, I couldn't secure more time and missed the deadline. I shared a sincere apology with senior leadership. I am not a victim of an evil corporation or a profit-driven society. Nope, I chose gainful employment and to fulfill my responsibilities. I don't seek sympathy; it's about maintaining an accountable mindset and making self-directed choices in my responses and actions.

Choosing to see victimization in everything, all the time, is a negative choice. It's as simple as altering your mindset. 'In spite of' this challenge, what will I choose to do?

This mindset doesn't eliminate sympathy, empathy, or helping others. Remarkably, it leads to better outcomes and more significant opportunities to give back.

A cognitive-behavioral therapist can assist OP in identifying and changing negative thought patterns, leading to improved well-being and coping strategies.

A victim heart will read this post and instead of gratitude, will believe they have been bigoted by the bigot brigade.

1 hour ago, jross said:

... I've quite literally worked 90 hours weekly through the early morning to meet a deadline. I missed family obligations, community commitments, an annual friend fishing trip, and lacked a colleague's assistance...

4YmrppQkTh6Wprq3MFtENSYJQqfQZbecntdtY=&r

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, jross said:

Deep Thoughts

This observation is overarching and not directly related to this post.  It does not disrespect the sad story of the eventual student death.

OP's tendency to perceive others as victims is intertwined with maladaptive coping mechanisms. We've seen its impact on perceptions in a wrestling forum; imagine the effect in person. OP likely harbors unresolved conflicts and anxieties, projecting them onto others, hindering their ability to confront their own challenges. The cycle of negative thoughts is endless, fueled by confirmation bias and shielded from contradictory evidence.

It's essential to acknowledge that not everyone sees themselves as victims, and many feel slighted to be perceived in that way.

Let's focus on fixing the mindset.

People move forward 'in spite of' obstacles rather than fail 'because of' them.

Please refrain from labeling everyone with challenges as victims and avoid characterizing contributors as bigots. Contributors may simply be frustrated with takers and redistributionists, who have the potential to become contributors if they so choose.

My personal time has been encroached upon since Feb 10th, and I've quite literally worked 90 hours weekly through the early morning to meet a deadline. I missed family obligations, community commitments, an annual friend fishing trip, and lacked a colleague's assistance. Despite my requests and efforts, I couldn't secure more time and missed the deadline. I shared a sincere apology with senior leadership. I am not a victim of an evil corporation or a profit-driven society. Nope, I chose gainful employment and to fulfill my responsibilities. I don't seek sympathy; it's about maintaining an accountable mindset and making self-directed choices in my responses and actions.

Choosing to see victimization in everything, all the time, is a negative choice. It's as simple as altering your mindset. 'In spite of' this challenge, what will I choose to do?

This mindset doesn't eliminate sympathy, empathy, or helping others. Remarkably, it leads to better outcomes and more significant opportunities to give back.

A cognitive-behavioral therapist can assist OP in identifying and changing negative thought patterns, leading to improved well-being and coping strategies.

A victim heart will read this post and instead of gratitude, will believe they have been bigoted by the bigot brigade.

This 💯 

11 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Is climate change going to put snow plow drivers out of business?? 

In all seriousness, those in the snow removal business are obviously feeling pain. And many are seriously hurting right now in Minnesota... can't pay their bills.

And next - the resort owners who are depending on reliable fishing this coming season, are scared as he**.