Shooter at Osteen church

mspart

Another transgender shooting people up.   Fortunately, there were off duty cops that took her out before more people were killed.   Good thing off duty cops go to church.  

https://www.dailysignal.com/2024/02/12/police-identify-woman-shot-joel-osteens-lakewood-church-fail-explain-potential-transgender-identity/

In a news conference Monday, police cited “discrepancies” that may suggest a transgender identity, yet authorities insisted that the shooter was female, to their knowledge.

“Our shooter is identified by driver’s license as Genesse Moreno, 36 years old, Hispanic female,” Christopher Hassig, commander of the Houston Police Department’s homicide unit, said at the news conference. Her full name is Genesse Ivonne Moreno, according to police.

“We do have reports she used multiple aliases, including Jeffrey Escalante,” Hassig added. “She has utilized both male and female names, but through all of our investigation to this point, talking with individuals, interviews, documents, Houston Police Department reports she has been identified this entire time as female, she/her.”

Police also said that they had discovered “antisemitic” writings in a search of items belonging to the shooter.

So an antisemitic, pro palestine, El Salvadoran, transgender person with mental issues shot up the church.   Just another transgender shooter with mental issues shooting up places. 

mspart

Edited by mspart

Already punished bad.   Each transgender shooter had documented mental issues.   That is the point here.   This person was disturbed.  If a pattern is not easily seen, then the pattern is not wanted to be seen.  

To WR, is reporting that the person is transgender not relevant with regard to the persons mental state?   Not the first website:

https://houstonlanding.org/lakewood-church-shooter-genesse-moreno-houston-police-joel-osteen/

In response to social media comments identifying Moreno as transgender, Hassig said she used “multiple aliases,” including a male name, but Moreno “has been identified this entire time as female.”

"She utilized both male and female names, but through all of our investigation through this point, talking with individuals, interview, documents, Houston Police Department reports, she has been identified this entire time as female. She, her," he said.

How many people use both male and female names for themselves that are not transgender?  

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/12/us/joel-osteen-lakewood-church-shooting-monday/index.html

Information from Moreno’s social media accounts and local authorities paints a portrait of a single mother with a history of mental health challenges going through the ups and downs of trying to turn her life around and launch a business.

During a Monday news conference, Houston Homicide Commander Christopher Hassig said the shooter used multiple aliases, including both male and female names. Moreno was put under an order for emotional detention in 2016 and she has a mental health history documented by Houston police, Hassig said.

Records from the Texas Department of Public Safety show Moreno had a string of arrests for minor offenses over the last two decades, including possession of marijuana, an assault, illegal possession of a weapon, resisting arrest and a forgery charge. But in her 30s, she described herself on social media as the founder of a real-estate and financial services firm. By her own account on social media pages, she is involved in sales of everything from new condos to shopping malls.

She is said to have purchased the gun legally.   This person, with this many issues and arrests, bought a gun legally.   Again that tells us something some on here do not want to hear. 

mspart

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, mspart said:

How many people use both male and female names for themselves that are not transgender?  

Are you looking for an actual number? 

But to answer what I think you’re getting at, someone with a long criminal history, which includes forgery and identity theft, may use aliases of both genders.

Im not even saying she isn’t transgender, I’m saying to this point the only thing to run with that is that she uses aliases in her criminal life of both genders, a shock jock social media guy picked up on that and ran the TRANSGENDER TRANSGENDER line because he knew people would pick it up and run with it before there’s anything close to conclusive information out there, because that’s what they want it to be. 

Don’t be that guy. ✌️ Wait for an investigation to actually take place and conclude for a change, instead of just instantly following the flock at chow time. 

18 minutes ago, mspart said:

Already punished bad.   Each transgender shooter had documented mental issues.   That is the point here.   This person was disturbed.  If a pattern is not easily seen, then the pattern is not wanted to be seen.  

To WR, is reporting that the person is transgender not relevant with regard to the persons mental state?   Not the first website:

https://houstonlanding.org/lakewood-church-shooter-genesse-moreno-houston-police-joel-osteen/

In response to social media comments identifying Moreno as transgender, Hassig said she used “multiple aliases,” including a male name, but Moreno “has been identified this entire time as female.”

"She utilized both male and female names, but through all of our investigation through this point, talking with individuals, interview, documents, Houston Police Department reports, she has been identified this entire time as female. She, her," he said.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/12/us/joel-osteen-lakewood-church-shooting-monday/index.html

Information from Moreno’s social media accounts and local authorities paints a portrait of a single mother with a history of mental health challenges going through the ups and downs of trying to turn her life around and launch a business.

During a Monday news conference, Houston Homicide Commander Christopher Hassig said the shooter used multiple aliases, including both male and female names. Moreno was put under an order for emotional detention in 2016 and she has a mental health history documented by Houston police, Hassig said.

Records from the Texas Department of Public Safety show Moreno had a string of arrests for minor offenses over the last two decades, including possession of marijuana, an assault, illegal possession of a weapon, resisting arrest and a forgery charge. But in her 30s, she described herself on social media as the founder of a real-estate and financial services firm. By her own account on social media pages, she is involved in sales of everything from new condos to shopping malls.

She is said to have purchased the gun legally.   This person, with this many issues and arrests, bought a gun legally.   Again that tells us something some on here do not want to hear. 

mspart

So let me get this straight. The Houston pd has come out and stated by interviewing people, going through documents, going through arrest records and so on that the shooter has always identified as a woman. But you asserting that she is trans because she used both male and female aliases. Doesn’t it make sense that a criminal would likely use aliases? You are alluding also that since this person who should have not been able to buy did, that therefore no gun laws work or should be considered. How many mass shootings have to happen before look at any other developed country and wonder why it doesn’t happen anywhere else but the USA 

39 minutes ago, braves121 said:

So let me get this straight. The Houston pd has come out and stated by interviewing people, going through documents, going through arrest records and so on that the shooter has always identified as a woman. But you asserting that she is trans because she used both male and female aliases. Doesn’t it make sense that a criminal would likely use aliases? You are alluding also that since this person who should have not been able to buy did, that therefore no gun laws work or should be considered. How many mass shootings have to happen before look at any other developed country and wonder why it doesn’t happen anywhere else but the USA 

By far and away America has the most mental illness amongst its citizens than other countries. Then the doctors with good intentions start giving out drugs like candy hoping to help the individual.  Sometimes it does help but many times it makes matters worse. We need to address mental illness in a way that is productive and positive for those who are suffering from it. At one time in America, parents ,teachers, relatives and other could recognize mental issues and talk about it and say something. Then it could be addressed at a very young age with a good chance of having a very positive result. For some reason our society decided to rely way too much on drugs to fix the problem or just to totally ignore it altogether.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word
  • Fire 1

20 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

By far and away America has the most mental illness amongst its citizens than other countries. Then the doctors with good intentions start giving out drugs like candy hoping to help the individual.  Sometimes it does help but many times it makes matters worse. We need to address mental illness in a way that is productive and positive for those who are suffering from it. At one time in America, parents ,teachers, relatives and other could recognize mental issues and talk about it and say something. Then it could be addressed at a very young age with a good chance of having a very positive result. For some reason our society decided to rely way too much on drugs to fix the problem or just to totally ignore it altogether.

Was the shooter on medication for a mental illness? I recall there being a system being in place for people specially with mental illnesses but Regan gutted it and gave no other solution. Maybe this has to do with the rise of mental illness within the country. If I am getting what you are saying, the cause for all the shootings is mental illness. So the solutions are either reform on healthcare and funding of facilities capable of helping those who need it, or gun laws. Neither are being addressed so we are again looking around wondering why every other country does not experience this epidemic 

19 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Was the shooter on medication for a mental illness? I recall there being a system being in place for people specially with mental illnesses but Regan gutted it and gave no other solution. Maybe this has to do with the rise of mental illness within the country. If I am getting what you are saying, the cause for all the shootings is mental illness. So the solutions are either reform on healthcare and funding of facilities capable of helping those who need it, or gun laws. Neither are being addressed so we are again looking around wondering why every other country does not experience this epidemic 

They say she legally acquired the gun in Texas. I would like that be explained in more detail. I live in North Carolina. If I go to Ed's gun shop and I have the same rap sheet or record she had, they run a background check on me immediately.  I would be denied the purchase of any gun. The laws are in place they just need to be strictly enforced. By addressing the mental issue in a productive way (parents, teachers, neighbors, law enforcement and friends need to get involved) and enforcing the current laws in place you could reduce these shootings by 90 percent. 

6 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

They say she legally acquired the gun in Texas. I would like that be explained in more detail. I live in North Carolina. If I go to Ed's gun shop and I have the same rap sheet or record she had, they run a background check on me immediately.  I would be denied the purchase of any gun. The laws are in place they just need to be strictly enforced. By addressing the mental issue in a productive way (parents, teachers, neighbors, law enforcement and friends need to get involved) and enforcing the current laws in place you could reduce these shootings by 90 percent. 

when police get involved in mental issues the person suffering from the mental illness usually gets killed by the police. 
When Teachers bring up mental health parents scream indoctrination. When parents are supposed to talk about it you then have instances such as Crumbleys mom actively helping her son with planning and commiting a school shooting. You see police and other agencies defy gun control laws.  What do we do from here? 

Edited by braves121
  • Fire 1

17 minutes ago, braves121 said:

e instances such as Crumbleys mom actively helping her son with planning and commiting a school shooting. You see police and other agencies defy gun control laws.  What do we do from here? 

A little hyperbole here?  She was convicted of providing a gun to her son, not with planning a school shooting.   Then the case would have been a lot different.   It was about a parent providing a minor child a gun.   So she was not actively planning the school shooting.

But your last two sentences here are good.   I think you mean it differently that I would, but a recognition of police, city, county, state and federal officials ignoring laws seems to be a thing these days.   What do we do from here?   We stop voting in the people that ignore the laws and vote in people who will enforce the laws.   City councils, Mayors, DAs, legislators, governors, State Attorneys General etc.   That where we go from here. 

mspart

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, braves121 said:

when police get involved in mental issues the person suffering from the mental illness usually gets killed by the police. 
When Teachers bring up mental health parents scream indoctrination. When parents are supposed to talk about it you then have instances such as Crumbleys mom actively helping her son with planning and commiting a school shooting. You see police and other agencies defy gun control laws.  What do we do from here? 

The shooter Moreno was taking medication for Schizophrenia. I'm sure there are people a lot smarter than myself that could come up with productive ways to address this problem. It definitely would be a multiple pronged approach. . Crumbley's mom actually bought her son, who was suffering from mental illness the pistol he used to kill his fellow students. I can't even begin to explain that. 

28 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Usually get shot by the police????  That’s a complete lie. Care to provide the statistics of every interaction the police have had regarding mental illness and the number that get shot.  

35 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Just answering your first sentence. That is why mental illness needs to be addressed early. Maybe 5 to 12 years old. By the time the police have to get involved with an adult with guns they shouldn.t have it is way too late. I actually worked on a farm where my boss suffered from mental illness. His father had abused him physically and mentally when he was a young boy. He was removed from that home and moved to his aunt's house. He was a really nice guy but when he was under stress he would snap ( usually with a gun) and fortunately 2 of his neighbors who were policeman would have to carefully talk him back to normal and calm him down. If they had not been there, I'm sure things could have gone really bad.  

Edited by Paul158

5 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Usually get shot by the police????  That’s a complete lie. Care to provide the statistics of every interaction the police have had regarding mental illness and the number that get shot.  

https://apnews.com/article/mental-health-crisis-police-shooting-death-settlement-4c0cdfc6d54a2dc488218d7e5e186925

Here is a direct example that even caused policy change.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1266935

More than 1 in 5 people fatally shot by police have mental illnesses, according to aWashington Post database of fatal U.S. shootings by on-duty police officers. Since 2015, when The Post launched its database, police have fatally shot more than 1,400 people with mental illnesses.

here is more hard data and facts

Nope.   Nope.   You can't use anecdotes to prove a point.   Even though it proves it.  Also you must be an authority with a PhD that knows what he/she is talking about even though most don't and you had one at the University Riley Gaines spoke at that said you can't tell gender by a dead persons bones.   Everyone laughed at him because he was demonstrably wrong, but an expert and PhD.   So anecdotes work I guess.   Actual experiences work also. 

2 minutes ago, braves121 said:

More than 1 in 5 people fatally shot by police have mental illnesses, according to aWashington Post database of fatal U.S. shootings by on-duty police officers. Since 2015, when The Post launched its database, police have fatally shot more than 1,400 people with mental illnesses.

OK, but that was not the question.   How many mentally ill people are handled by police and are not shot.   Your assertion was that a person with mental illness usually gets shot by police.   Rather than show this irrelevant statistic, prove your assertion.  

Assertion:  when police get involved in mental issues the person suffering from the mental illness usually gets killed by the police. 

Go!

mspart

7 minutes ago, braves121 said:

https://apnews.com/article/mental-health-crisis-police-shooting-death-settlement-4c0cdfc6d54a2dc488218d7e5e186925

Here is a direct example that even caused policy change.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1266935

So 4/5 don’t get shot?   Wouldn’t that mean usually they don’t??  

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

OK, but that was not the question.   How many mentally ill people are handled by police and are not shot.   Your assertion was that a person with mental illness usually gets shot by police.   Rather than show this irrelevant statistic, prove your assertion.  

Assertion:  when police get involved in mental issues the person suffering from the mental illness usually gets killed by the police. 

Go!

mspart

I made that assertion and provided support that if you are mentally ill you are likely to get shot. There are many stories and a data and stats. Some people just do not want to be wrong or be shown that there are things wrong. I can only do so much 

1 minute ago, JimmyBT said:

So 4/5 don’t get shot?   Wouldn’t that mean usually they don’t??  

You do not have great reading comprehension. That states that 1 out of 5 people fatally shot have mental illness. This is not stating 1 out of 5 mentally ill people get shot

3 minutes ago, braves121 said:

You do not have great reading comprehension. That states that 1 out of 5 people fatally shot have mental illness. This is not stating 1 out of 5 mentally ill people get shot

So where’s the number for ALL shootings involving mentally Ill people like you were originally talking about???????  

4 minutes ago, braves121 said:

I made that assertion and provided support that if you are mentally ill you are likely to get shot. There are many stories and a data and stats. Some people just do not want to be wrong or be shown that there are things wrong. I can only do so much 

Exactly. Like backing up with facts what you actually stated.  🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by JimmyBT