Shooter at Osteen church

mspart

Just now, JimmyBT said:

So AGAIN you’re saying cops only deal with mentally I’ll people when there’s a shooting??????  

dude you can not be this daft. Please copy and paste where I say that.I am saying your argument can not be substantiated because  the police do not keep those stats because there is no law requiring them vs whelm they fatally shoot someone

Just now, braves121 said:

dude you can not be this daft. Please copy and paste where I say that.I am saying your argument can not be substantiated because  the police do not keep those stats because there is no law requiring them vs whelm they fatally shoot someone

Doesn’t mean it’s not true pippy. Because anyone with a clue knows they do help thousands and thousands of mentally I’ll people without shooting them.   Carry on though. My laughing at you is good for my soul. 

Just now, JimmyBT said:

Doesn’t mean it’s not true pippy. Because anyone with a clue knows they do help thousands and thousands of mentally I’ll people without shooting them.   Carry on though. My laughing at you is good for my soul. 

Can you give me any kind of source or data to back your claim?

3 minutes ago, braves121 said:

by your literal logic no it does not happen because they are not required to report it

Incorrect. It does happen. Daily.  I have two friends that are cops. They help people with mental health issues all the time.  Neither one has shot anyone let alone a mentally ill person.  They both have talked people out of killing themselves, one which had a gun. 

Edited by JimmyBT

2 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Can you give me any kind of source or data to back your claim?

You were the first to make the claim that when a cop gets involved with a mentally ill person, the mentally ill person usually gets killed by police.    You are the one that needs to provide source or data for your claim.   You have not, and by moving the goal posts you are admitting that your statement is not true.   You are admitting you over stated the case.  

How many unarmed black men are killed by police every year?   Please answer this question. 

mspart

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

You were the first to make the claim that when a cop gets involved with a mentally ill person, the mentally ill person usually gets killed by police.    You are the one that needs to provide source or data for your claim.   You have not, and by moving the goal posts you are admitting that your statement is not true.   You are admitting you over stated the case.  

How many unarmed black men are killed by police every year?   Please answer this question. 

mspart

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/25/956177021/fatal-police-shootings-of-unarmed-black-people-reveal-troubling-patterns

in 2021, 135 unarmed black men and women were killed by police since 2015

2 hours ago, braves121 said:

when police get involved in mental issues the person suffering from the mental illness usually gets killed by the police. 
When Teachers bring up mental health parents scream indoctrination. When parents are supposed to talk about it you then have instances such as Crumbleys mom actively helping her son with planning and commiting a school shooting. You see police and other agencies defy gun control laws.  What do we do from here? 

????????? You have yet Prove your first statement. 

Edited by JimmyBT

3 minutes ago, braves121 said:

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/25/956177021/fatal-police-shootings-of-unarmed-black-people-reveal-troubling-patterns

in 2021, 135 unarmed black men and women were killed by police since 2015

Please read what you just typed and then think real hard about why you can’t effectively communicate anything you say.  

Edited by JimmyBT

Just now, JimmyBT said:

????????? You have yet Prove your first statement. 

I backed my claim. We came to the conclusion you don't accept since there is no record of encounters of mentally ill people so we can not compare it to the 1 in 5 people killed by police who are disclosed as have a mental illness

Just now, braves121 said:

I backed my claim. We came to the conclusion you don't accept since there is no record of encounters of mentally ill people so we can not compare it to the 1 in 5 people killed by police who are disclosed as have a mental illness

You did not back you claim. 

Just now, JimmyBT said:

Please read what you just typed and then think real hard why you can’t effectively communicate anything you say.  

what did i say that was incorrect? this article is from 2021 and states since 2015 135 unarmed black people were killed by police

1 minute ago, braves121 said:

what did i say that was incorrect? this article is from 2021 and states since 2015 135 unarmed black people were killed by police

You didn’t say it was from 2021. You said in 2021. 🤦‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

It’s not usually 🤦‍♂️  4/5 is usually. 

police are not required to disclose how many mentally ill they encounter vs they shot. so there is no data for a ratio. we are both wrong. congrats

10 minutes ago, braves121 said:

police are not required to disclose how many mentally ill they encounter vs they shot. so there is no data for a ratio. we are both wrong. congrats

Not required doesn’t mean they don’t 

Actually there have been a number of studies conducted by people that have done ride alongs with police officers regarding police interaction with people that have mental illness. Their research shows that when police are interacting with a person known to have a mental illness they’re less likely to use force or arrest the individual than they would in an encounter with someone without a mental illness.  Even though you would think it might be the other way around.   But I’ll let you cite those studies since the burden of proof regarding your original statement is on you.  

26 minutes ago, braves121 said:

So therefore it is proper to assume that every mentally ill person that gets police attention is usually killed by police.  Perhaps you should define what you mean by "usually". 

The purpose of my question to you about unarmed black men is most people who don't know say 10000 are killed each year.   No, as you noted from 2015 to 2021 there were 135.   So that is 22.5 people killed per year.   Yet you will still get the 10000 number from a number of people.

This is analogous to your assertion that most police encounters with a mentally ill person ends up with the police killing them.   Hyperbole at the highest level.  

mspart