Remaining undefeated wrestlers

peanut

Carr and O'Toole are building a great rivalry BECAUSE THEY DON'T DUCK. It is the fact they always step up that is making this great. 

Wrestlers who lose in the all star should be taken off the list. Can't unring a bell. 

2 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

Carr and O'Toole are building a great rivalry BECAUSE THEY DON'T DUCK. It is the fact they always step up that is making this great. 

Wrestlers who lose in the all star should be taken off the list. Can't unring a bell. 

and their match may determine the dual meet.  

13 minutes ago, ionel said:

and their match may determine the dual meet.  

Unless Miz starts wrestling more engaged and gets better performances from stalwarts, this dual will be out of reach by the time it gets to one of the other highlite matches of the night, big Elam vs Bastida.  Although it will be interesting to see where Dresser starts this dual.  Will the KO vs Carr match be the finale?  Hope this dual ends up being as good as the hype.  Okie State dual was a long ride home!  Mizzou also needs to be fully healthy to be in the fight.  Not sure what Smith will do this close to Bigs Tourney.  They also have N. Iowa the same weekend so roster depth may factor in.

27 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

I thought nobody cares about dual meets

Carl & Tommie have shown they don't.  This weekend may indicate where B Smith stands.  I do think Brands believes the dual on the 25th matters even if others don't.  

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, SocraTease said:

Will we see KOT vs. Carr this weekend?  Mizz is schedule to wrestle Iowa State. 

And both wrestlers to my awareness have been healthy and wrestled recently. 

If wrestling coaches are serious about building or even maintaining a fan base, they better put them out there.

If these guys are held out, they are probably going to meet at the conference championship anyway.

There should be ABSOLUTELY NO REASON not for them to wrestle. 

27 minutes ago, Rassling said:

There should be ABSOLUTELY NO REASON not for them to wrestle. 

I don’t see them not wrestling. Both are hyper competitive, and enjoy the competition. If there was a reason, it would be that KOT has the 1 seed at B12 locked if he doesn’t wrestle. Carr would be the 2. 

• Fire 1

16 remaining as of 2/25:

• 133- Fix
  • 133- Crookham
  • 141- Bartlett
  • 157- Haines
  • 157- Zerban
  • 157- Lee (6-0)
  • 165- KOT
  • 165- Mesenbrink
  • 174- Starocci
  • 174- Lewis
  • 184- Keckeisen
  • 197- Brooks
  • 197- Hidlay
  • 285- Hendrickson
  • 285- Kerkvliet
  • 285- Bastida
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, peanut said:

16 remaining as of 2/25:

• 133- Fix
  • 133- Crookham
  • 141- Bartlett
  • 157- Haines
  • 157- Zerban
  • 157- Lee (6-0)
  • 165- KOT
  • 165- Mesenbrink
  • 174- Starocci
  • 174- Lewis
  • 184- Keckeisen
  • 197- Brooks
  • 197- Hidlay
  • 285- Hendrickson
  • 285- Kerkvliet
  • 285- Bastida

This seems like a lot heading into conference tourneys. And in theory all but 2 of these (1 of Haines/Lee and Bastida/Hendrickson) can stay undefeated after conference tourneys.

2 hours ago, PSULou64 said:

Clearly Mizzou didn't think much of the dual being important or having that guys wrestle.  I don't hear any of you KOT fanboys getting all over him for ducking.  

Having recently heard about PSU's illnesses surely you do not think Missouri is ducking after what Smith said.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

36 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Having recently heard about PSU's illnesses surely you do not think Missouri is ducking after what Smith said.

I think that a lot of people on here are quick to complain and accuse PSU guys of ducking when they don't wrestle and give a lot more latitude to guys from other teams when they don't.

I think that, "I don't know all the facts" and learning by experience, that making assumptions can make an "ass out of U and ME!"

Could it be a tactical choice to put wrestlers in better positions for conference and natty seeds?  Guess it depends on the goals of the team.  A lofty dual record, or lofty finish at nats.

As a wrestling fan, I want to see the entertainment factor of great dual match ups.  Much respect to OSU and Iowa for providing a good old fashion, pack the house, "mano a mano" wrestling dual.  This is the product I prefer to see, but with all the gamesmanship going on today, it doesn't always happen.

I'm a KOT fanboy and to my knowledge, both KOT and Carr have a tremendous amount of respect for each other and are ultimate competitors and want to be challenged.  Are you "the mouse in the house" and have information KOT was ducking?

• Fire 1

I think vinny zerban is very good but imagining a world where he could get the 1 at nationals if levi were to slip up at big10's reminds me of when chaz tucker would have been the 1 in 2020 even though he was likely the 5th or 6th best guy.

5 hours ago, MidwestMan said:

Are you "the mouse in the house" and have information KOT was ducking?

I am not, I am not claiming KOT was on fact ducking.  I'm just saying if you go back to threads around PSU wrestlers not wrestling, people were more likely to accuse them of not wrestling for ducking purposes.

1 minute ago, PSULou64 said:

I'm just saying if you go back to threads around PSU wrestlers not wrestling, people were more likely to accuse them of not wrestling for ducking purposes.

The ol', "but what about them?" defense...

I'm not accusing or defending wrestlers or coaches.  I don't claim to have specific knowledge in any of those situations.  I'm simply saying the people on these boards are generally more damning of things that happen at PSU than at other places.

• Fire 1

15 hours ago, PSULou64 said:

I'm not accusing or defending wrestlers or coaches.  I don't claim to have specific knowledge in any of those situations.  I'm simply saying the people on these boards are generally more damning of things that happen at PSU than at other places.

Oh for crying out loud, can you please stop whining? PSU fans should just shut up and enjoy their newly purchased dominance and grow some thicker skin. Take a lesson from the Marines, who long ago got used to the jealous sniping of inferior organizations don’t let the critics/jokes affect their performance and pride. When you’re #1, others will try to minimize your accomplishments. Get used to it already.