How long will it take

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

keep drinking the kool aid, kids

So, for clarification sake, is the ‘kool aid’ evidence and judgements presented in the court of law, or Twitter posts sourced from….the national pulse?

I just wanna make sure I know which cup to grab.  

2 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

what 'evidence' was there?

sincere question and perhaps there was legit evidence i'm unaware of but i thought it was mostly he-said/she-said.

Honestly i haven’t read all the transcripts. A little but not enough to really form my own opinion. Which…is kinda my point in this (and other things): when I don’t know a lot of the true details on something, and I have courts of law saying one thing, and social media saying another….  It’s hard for me to go on the side of social media. 

NOW….if it were a politician saying one thing, and social media saying another….that’s gonna be a little more 50/50. 

29 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

how do they come up with these figures.

$83mil

whatever the absurd sum was for Alex Jones.

that's a lot of money for being mean and/or lying and/or whatever.

I would say about 500 dollars would cover it. Being she can't remember when it took place and there are no witnesses and its been a century from when it happened and when she came forward. Also this is about the 10 person she has accused of molesting her.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word
  • Clown 1

16 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

To fundraise 83.3 million dollars from the flock??

It’ll take longer to collect it than it will to raise it.  

The only physical evidence I am aware of, a dress that was saved for its possible contamination with DNA from the alleged episode, was found to have been manufactured about a decade after the timeframe of the incident, sans DNA. 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

how do they come up with these figures.

$83mil

whatever the absurd sum was for Alex Jones.

that's a lot of money for being mean and/or lying and/or whatever.

The sums grew to what they did due to punitive damages.  They are designed to “punish “ the party, found to be liable, with the specific purpose to provide incentive for them not to continue those act going forward. In the case of Alex Jones and Donald Trump, both of them continued the acts for which they were found liable, wild the juries were deliberating damages. and this is allowed to be presented to the jury. So if I’m on the jury and I’m supposed to decide how much it’s going to take to make this guy stop doing this, all the while he still out there doing it while I’m deciding, you can see where that number can get pretty high. And all honesty, if you want to blame someone for the number in the damages, and these two cases, you only have Alex Jones and Donald Trump to blame themselves. 

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

And all honesty, if you want to blame someone for the number in the damages, and these two cases, you only have Alex Jones and Donald Trump to blame themselves. 

partially agree. when they tell you to stop talking about it, you should.

but in trump's case there was no evidence (despite the result of the court).

what i'm getting at is if i repeatedly lied that "WrestlingRasta did XYZ"

i'm sure the court wouldn't rule for me to pay $83mil (which i obviously don't have).

in all other legal matters the damages are rather uniform: Jaywalking is a $50 fine no matter what your net worth.

TBD

all i 'know' is this (and i could be wrong, i'm not an expert on the topic)

but...

1) serial accuser that has lied about same allegations with other people several times

2) no evidence, to my knowledge

3) same lawyer as ashley biden

4) same judge as epstein

5) literally changed the statute of limitations law to prosecute this case

6) sexual assault in a department store?

idk. too many red flags. 

points to witch hunt to me.

and before you say i'm a trump apologist, i'm not. do i think it's beneath him? no.

but unless there's something i'm missing (which is possible) i don't buy it. 

TBD

26 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

all i 'know' is this (and i could be wrong, i'm not an expert on the topic)

but...

1) serial accuser that has lied about same allegations with other people several times

2) no evidence, to my knowledge

3) same lawyer as ashley biden

4) same judge as epstein

5) literally changed the statute of limitations law to prosecute this case

6) sexual assault in a department store?

idk. too many red flags. 

points to witch hunt to me.

and before you say i'm a trump apologist, i'm not. do i think it's beneath him? no.

but unless there's something i'm missing (which is possible) i don't buy it. 

I said I wouldn’t respond to your answer….but you didn’t answer the question.  

You “know” all this from…..???

Cry more, Le duke. better yet, read more. dipshit. 

Ah yes. Travis in Flint. Quite the authority.

Do you realize how dumb you sound?

Now, if I see an actual motion filed by an actual attorney, in an actual court? That would mean something. Right now you’re just pedaling bullshit.

Also, there are multiple attorneys representing Carroll. Which one was it, Travis in Flint? Notice how he doesn’t name anyone? He just throws around a rumor with no basis, so he can’t be fact checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

Ah yes. Travis in Flint. Quite the authority.

Do you realize how dumb you sound?

Now, if I see an actual motion filed by an actual attorney, in an actual court? That would mean something. Right now you’re just pedaling bullshit.

Also, there are multiple attorneys representing Carroll. Which one was it, Travis in Flint? Notice how he doesn’t name anyone? He just throws around a rumor with no basis, so he can’t be fact checked.

Peddling*. Not sure why my phone autocorrected to the wrong word.

Crazy E. Jean Carroll Accused Several Men of Sexual Abuse Including CBS CEO Les Moonves – Who Also Emphatically Denies Her Accusation

One of our colleagues on this board thinks it is monstrous to give 2 weeks to report a crime.  OK.  2 weeks as a statute of limitations is probably not reasonable.  However, our judicial system very much recognizes that a limit exists to timely justice.  And E Jean very clearly exceeded it.  Until . .  she got a memory jog from New York.

When did Carroll realize she had been abused by all of these men?  20 to 30 years after the fact!  And very conveniently when the statute of limitations was extended to help her remember better.

• Fire 1