Kyle burwikk

jajensen09

2 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Then the believe that Gross was promised the job and they lied to McDonough and that's why Gross wrestled at UW. It falls apart when you realize Gross was on staff for the RTC and he filled in only after McD left and he would have been there either way making the same money. 

Not saying it’s true, but wouldn’t the fact that Gross “filled in only after McD left” not really refute the claim that McD was pushed out?  I have to think being on the college staff pays more than the RTC (except maybe at NLWC or HWC).

Of course you can certainly argue that it is Bono’s prerogative to do what he wants with the coaching staff.  Although allegedly promising jobs to current athletes is probably frowned upon to say the least…

4 hours ago, scourge165 said:

There is SOOO much to this story that you're missing, but...lets just say this. 

Askren doesn't like UW. He didn't like Davis because he didn't aggressively pursue him. 
He got into some of the pettiest feuds with Bono and others and...some of the nonsense going on is insane.

He's done a great job with AWA(Really, John Mesinbrink has done a great job, he's one of the best HS Coaches I've ever seen)...but he openly trashes UW...and he did it before Bono when Barry Davis was there. He got along with Bono for a split second but...some nonsense about a scholarship(that was very well articulated to the student athlete that it'd be backloaded, meaning if he was still there at the end of 4 years, he'd get a very substantial scholarship). 

Then the believe that Gross was promised the job and they lied to McDonough and that's why Gross wrestled at UW. It falls apart when you realize Gross was on staff for the RTC and he filled in only after McD left and he would have been there either way making the same money. 

So it's really down to a visit that Askren didn't believe he was afforded appropriate respect and it really hasn't died down since. 

I am bipolar about feelings on Askren.  He always comes across as this self-righteous guy, making fun of youth tournaments called "national" tournaments, or getting on parents how they treat their kids. I have a good friend that wrestled at Syracuse, his 14 year old is wrestling at a tourney where Askren was at.  My buddies kid loses, and throws his head gear across the gym, almost hit another kid. My buddy snatches his kid up and says, you go walk down there and get that headgear and apologize to the kid you almost hit. Kid starts throwing an even bigger fit "NO!" " I don't want to!" buddy says, if you don't, I am going in the hallway and bust your a$$.  Askren, catching part of this discussion, must have overheard "I am going to bust your a$$" part walks up to my buddy and says, something like "hey you cannot do that to your kid after a loss, parents like you are why kids stop wrestling" etc....my buddy tells him he needs to mind his own business, there were a few more words and then the day went on.  BUT then, I read some parts of his book, and I love his mindset on certain things.  So, again, I have mixed feelings on Askren. 

21 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

I agree with most of Ben's views on youth wrestling.

Almost everything else he spouts off about is horseshit and diminishes his general credibility.

Besides Jordan Burroughs,  I think Ben is a great representative for the sport and very knowledgeable from all ends!

12 hours ago, scourge165 said:

And the right thing is to lie and say that there was something preventing him from competing(other than actual competition at the weight class)?

Is that the "right thing?" 

They are not lying about shit. Bono is just a 🤡 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, scourge165 said:

the "right thing?" 

The answer is one of judgment based on an individual's morals and ethics.  These can be expected to vary.

Hindi might say it boils down to one having only the best of intentions govern one's actions.

By not signing, I conclude Wisconsin's AD values strict compliance to the rules that they are responsible to enforce (and accurately report on to the NCAA) more than what might cause them to sign the NPO.

56 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Besides Jordan Burroughs,  I think Ben is a great representative for the sport and very knowledgeable from all ends!

I think it’s only fitting that we get some Covid into the “Burwikk” thread, but Askren’s Covid opinions were pretty terrible.  I like him for the most part otherwise though

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, jajensen09 said:

Oh boy. I haven't heard his covid takes?

Can’t remember the specifics anymore but it was the pretty typical minimizer stuff.  The main thing I remember was he was one of the “I don’t know anyone that’s gotten it, so it must not be real” people.   At one point probably into 2021 I think he had claimed that no one at his academy ever even got it.

30 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Can’t remember the specifics anymore but it was the pretty typical minimizer stuff.  The main thing I remember was he was one of the “I don’t know anyone that’s gotten it, so it must not be real” people.   At one point probably into 2021 I think he had claimed that no one at his academy ever even got it.

He quoted a bunch of the hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin and vitamin C/zinc snake oil bullshit.

• Fire 1

Ivermectin is ineffective against COVID.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/why-you-should-not-use-ivermectin-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

Here’s What You Need to Know about Ivermectin

The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for use in preventing or treating COVID-19 in humans or animals. Ivermectin is approved for human use to treat infections caused by some parasitic worms and head lice and skin conditions like rosacea.

Currently available data do not show ivermectin is effective against COVID-19. Clinical trials assessing ivermectin tablets for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 in people are ongoing.

Taking large doses of ivermectin is dangerous.

If your health care provider writes you an ivermectin prescription, fill it through a legitimate source such as a pharmacy, and take it exactly as prescribed.

Never use medications intended for animals on yourself or other people. Animal ivermectin products are very different from those approved for humans. Use of animal ivermectin for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 in humans is dangerous.

Here's a list of all COVID studies with ivermectin

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?cond=COVID-19&term=ivermectin&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=&Search=Search

None of them has statistically significant positive outcomes with ivermectin treatment vs the control group.

It's not supported by the data.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

This is great news. 

The Iran wrestling news thread on Indianamat is up to 37 pages in 81 days (0.46 pages per day) while this thread is at 17 pages in just 32 days (0.53 per day).

With the addition of Covid we can definitely catch them.

Keep up the good work.

What's the O/U?

19 hours ago, 1032004 said:

think it’s only fitting that we get some Covid into the “Burwikk” thread,

Nice work with the derail... that was good. Speaking of derail and "Wikk" .... Although I think he will be fine when it's all said and done, little Wick is not where a lot of people picked him to be at this point. Legend should go down and challenge that spot. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

20 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Ivermectin is ineffective against COVID.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/why-you-should-not-use-ivermectin-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

Here's a list of all COVID studies with ivermectin

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?cond=COVID-19&term=ivermectin&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=&Search=Search

None of them has statistically significant positive outcomes with ivermectin treatment vs the control group.

It's not supported by the data.

Yeah, again, I don't really care about THIS...as I said. The far larger point was that there was a dispute...directly related to Covid between Askren and Bono.