Kyle burwikk

jajensen09

Yes.  Without the NPO being signed by both institutions, because his transfer waiver exception and all appeals have been exhausted.

He explains this in the podcast.

He also says he decided to transfer right after NCAAa (not that he was just thinking of it) and the reason he didn't enter the transfer portal was he was taking his time, thinking he had the time to take.

He makes no reference of Taylor Lamont's arrival as being part of his decision.  Mentions other factors though like best interest of his academics.

He also makes clear the basis of his waiver exception request was that the portal entry rule was new for this year to wrestling, and he had no reasonable way to know it existed to consider it.  He said the NCAA responded that it is not the responsibility of its member institutions to inform the student athletes of the transfer rules.

Kyle said there were other less than truthful ways he could've done his waiver exception request, but he didn't think that was right.

I respect Kyle's integrity.

His and Coach Manning's tone toward Wisconsin seems much more deferential now.  Basically asking for a favor, regardless of the letter or intent of the May 1 rule and NPO certification.

He seems to now have home to recognize that losing a year of eligibility isn't the end of his world, even if it would be a great loss to him.  Said he's happy to share his voice so a similar thing doesn't happen to others.

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches

1 minute ago, MPhillips said:

Is that what Wisconsin is claiming as well?

Don't know.  Haven't seen any public statement making that claim.

Since we no know AD Compliance is responsible for the NPO certification, I imagine what is an acceptable interpretation of the form and its guidance is being discussed.

Imagine being the one in the Wisconsin AD compliance office being asked to sign.  Imagine further if you had gone on the record stating you didn't believe you could truthfully sign.

If a Wisconsin compliance weighed in and it was documented in some maintained record in one direction, then that would present a challenge to be overcome.

I would think a NCAA institution's athletic department's compliance office openly flouting a rule would not be met favorably by the NCAA.

That's why I think all the public squabbling was not in Kyle's best interest.  It gave a lot of visibility to what could've just been a mundane transfer.

But to Kyle's credit, he appears to have truthfully gone thru the full NCAA process before falling back to the NPO and encouraging Wisconsin to further consider signing it.

6 hours ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Yes.  Without the NPO being signed by both institutions, because his transfer waiver exception and all appeals have been exhausted.

He also says he decided to transfer right after NCAAa (not that he was just thinking of it) and the reason he didn't enter the transfer portal was he was taking his time, thinking he had the time to take.

He makes no reference of Taylor Lamont's arrival as being part of his decision.  Mentions other factors though like best interest of his academics.

He also makes clear the basis of his waiver exception request was that the portal entry rule was new for this year to wrestling, and he had no reasonable way to know it existed to consider it.  He said the NCAA responded that it is not the responsibility of its member institutions to inform the student athletes of the transfer rules.

Kyle said there were other less than truthful ways he could've done his waiver exception request, but he didn't think that was right.

His and Coach Manning's tone toward Wisconsin seems much more deferential now.  Basically asking for a favor, regardless of the letter or intent of the May 1 rule and NPO certification.

He seems to now have home to recognize that losing a year of eligibility isn't the end of his world, even if it would be a great loss to him.  Said he's happy to share his voice so a similar thing doesn't happen to others.

Ehh not really.  All Mark manning is saying is for Wisconsin to do the right thing. Which they haven't yet. Just a signature is all 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

It's not over, they were just I'm meeting with Wisconsin about this. Per manning

• Fire 1

Jason I respect you tremendously for what you have done and given to the sport but you basing your opinion on this matter because of the number of tweets seems beneath you...you clearly don't like Bono...fine but come on dude...

I’m confused on how that’s what you got out of any of my input in this thread, especially a response pointing out the public nature of a tweet.

Maybe re-read it and look at the context? I don’t get how you can think I clearly don’t like Bono (which is false, BTW) from anything I’ve ever written or posted ever.
  • Fire 2

Insert catchy tagline here. 

6 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

I’m confused on how that’s what you got out of any of my input in this thread, especially a response pointing out the public nature of a tweet.

Maybe re-read it and look at the context? I don’t get how you can think I clearly don’t like Bono (which is false, BTW) from anything I’ve ever written or posted ever.

I don't think he's that bright.
He struggles to synthesize information.